Fan Fiction ❯ Objective Legend: The Unknown ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trust me
There's no need to fear
Everyone's here
Waiting for you to finally be one of us
In this time are we loving
Or do we sit here wondering
Why this world isn't turning around
It's now or never
 
Wake up
Grab a brush and put on a little makeup
Hide the scares to fade away the shakeup
Why'd you leave the keys upon the table
Here you go create another fable
Walk with me until the time
Make the forest turn to wine
You take the legend for a fall
 
Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next?
 
In this world
Why do we bother?
This is all just a dream
Why does it feel real?
It's impossible for this to happen
But it happened anyways
And it's not over yet
It's not over yet…
 
 
“It's now or never, children! Make up your minds!” Ansem sneered. He was getting more impatient by the second. Cloud and the others were already split apart form the group, leaving the teens in the center of the “world” with their enemy- Ansem. The ten kids stood in a cluster to figure out who's going to fight this psychopath. “Well if anyone's fighting this freak, I volunteer myself to do so,” Danie opened up, holding the Buster Sword tightly in her hands behind her back, half tempted to start the fight now and get it over with. “We need to separate these freaking worlds and get back to ours!”
“I agree with her. Count me in!” Axel remarked, sticking up for her. He drew his version of Death Penalty, ready to fire at a moment's notice, with unlimited ammo. Both him and Danie looked at the rest of the group, waiting on their decision. “If worse comes to worse, you can fill in if one of gets hurt badly,” Axel added in, which made Danie feel insecure. After a few moments of thinking to themselves, one finally made his mind. Raising his hand, he mentioned, “I'm in.” He then drew out his version of Squall's gunblade known as Lion Heart.
“Thank you, Phoenix,” Danie answered with relief. Phoenix nodded in response. As loyal friend to Danie, he wouldn't see her fight Ansem without himself by her side, even though he had only known her for two years or so.
The three stayed while the rest backed off to the sidelines. As a result, to their actions and choice, Ansem closed his eyes and before they all could blink, a dark shadow appeared behind him. Recalling back to the games he had played, Axel remarked, “I'm pretty sure this is the second form of the Ansem in Kingdom Hearts at the end of the world. It shouldn't be that hard right?”
“No, it shouldn't. But remember, he had multiple forms after that,” Danie responded back. She stood in between him and Phoenix, her sword out vertically, more in a defensive position then attacking, and ready. Axel held his gun so that if an unprepared attack struck, he was ready for it. Phoenix was all-out in his offensive stance, in a position to sprint off at a moment's notice. “Yeah, kind of forgot that part,” Axel confirmed his error.
“So do you children believe the fact this is all reality and not some made up fantasy?!” Ansem questioned sternly with a serious smirk, starting the battle with a taunt. “Or have you forgotten that fact?!” It was dead quiet as an answer.
“There's one thing you most remember throughout your life,” Axel mumbled to himself, just loud enough for both Danie and Phoenix to hear, “And that is the fact that somethings only happen once in a lifetime.”
“Yet I have a feeling it's gonna happen more often, love,” Danie mumbled back serious and for sure on her statement.
“You know that poem thing is wrong,” Phoenix said under his breath.
“Which one was that?” Axel asked, forgetting the poem he was talking about.
“The one that went: Don't worry about me, I'm just a thought in your past. Keep on going, once this is over, your memories will last. Just think of it as a dream in your fantasy that lasts forever,” he answered back.
“Actually it's half right,” Danie softly interrupted, “Keep on going, once this is over your memories will last. That part is true.”
“And the dream in your fantasy and a thought in your past parts are wrong,” Phoenix confirmed. “This ain't no fantasy and these ain't thoughts in or from my past.”
“Correct,” Axel agreed, “Same here. And I'm sure Dan agrees too.”
“Will you stop calling me that!” Danie harshly spoke. She looked at Phoenix through the corner of her eye. “Dear, none of this is from the past, except for the fact this once was a game-”
“But now it's reality, Child!” Ansem spoke loudly over the three. He had heard it all. “It was once a game, but now, my dear, games have proven to be reality under your senses. You haven't realized the fact until you came here. This is only the beginning of your fantasy, kids. The Dream will last longer than you all think. This will become your past and you will realize all that was meant in this time of collision!” He stopped to laugh a baneful laugh to himself, yet more aloud, before continuing one extra statement. “In this reality, your lives end here. And if you manage to beat me, only more havoc will come your way. For my torturement does not end here. You all will see what I mean later, dead or alive. Fantasy or not, life is nothing but a game you cannot restart. Think about that, children.”
“He can't be right,” Danie mumbled to herself, though half denying it and thinking he was right. Axel overheard her. “He's not,” he whispered to her, “And don't think he is, Danie. He wants us to think that, just so it would be easier for him to kill us all!” There was silence, but after awhile Axel continued, “Danie, listen. Walk with me until the time. I want you to hear your heart, don't listen to what the hell this guy is saying! Trust me. You love me don't you?”
 
end of prologue