Fan Fiction ❯ Of Flesh and Steel ❯ A Hex Unbroken ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
“A Hex Unbroken”
 
It is just so ironic to me that I would fall for a girl named Jinx, considering how much I am starting to feel a bit hexed myself lately. A super hero hexed I say? Well… Yea! Heh, I know what you're thinking. `Stop being such a whiny little pansy chrome dome.' And I know I am being a bit down on myself.
 
But ya know! Gee I wonder why I would feel that way. I mean I've only been nearly killed and brought back to life like a friggin' walking and talking Frankenstein. Nothing says `good luck and fortune' like that my friends.
 
Now I am not much into stuff like karma and fate but this is just crazy! Even more crazy than that whole `Larry and Robin' thing! Exaggeration I know, but deal with it!
 
Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't consider myself the unluckiest guy in the world. I am a super hero and a Titan after all, and Jinx is such a fox... grrr. But at the same time, for the people that think they would want to be me, if they knew how it felt inside under this robotic body of mine? They just might wanna re-think that little dream of theirs.
 
Trust me kiddos having a red LED for an eye is only fun for so long. Though I must say it does get the job done. Which is a definitely a good thing! Since both my LED eye and human eye were a bit busy at this point. My Jinxy sent me an e-mail! You wanna read my fellow peeps? Sure ya do! Don't be a chicken go ahead and look!
 
----
 
Hey Slick! <=)
 
Victor, I am really sorry about tonight. I didn't mean to throw you that hard! ;) I felt so bad. I hope your head still isn't spinning too much. But you remember how you always tell me how “tough” you are? Suck it up! Hehe. I think you will get over it. But just in case if you're mad at me! Don't be! Please?
 
----
 
Victor! I just love how she calls me that, it makes me feel like my old self again. Not being called Cyborg by someone gave me some comfort, especially with such a `comforting' voice like hers. By the way, Awww! She's apologizing for throwing me through a wall. How many of you could forgive your girlfriend or boyfriend doing that to you? None?! I thought so.
 
Honestly though, I think that girl's kiss left me a bit more dazed than that toss… ack… She probably knows that anyway.
 
----
 
Um what can I say? I am really missing you and I am glad we got to see each other tonight. You looked good! Anyway, headmaster hasn't let us go out that much lately on jobs or for free time. With finals around the corner and projects due, it's a total bummer! Plus he is forcing us to gather some materials to complete the new H.I.V.E. base. Thanks to your brilliant demolition skills of course! And no I won't tell you where it is… because you're the enemy. >= P
 
----
 
What can I say? I can blow stuff up like no one else. Now that is something I can definitely be proud of!
 
----
 
You'd be absolutely loving what I am seeing right now Vic. Mammoth and Gizmo are totally busy icing themselves down. It is so funny watching those two whine, you were right about that. I am such a good friend aren't I?
 
And by thee way, Raven really did a number on them tonight. Is she angrier than usual? Because I never thought that would be possible.
 
----
 
Oh it's possible… oh it definitely is. Ya'll know that for sure.
 
----
 
Anyway you're probably busy doing your hero thing. So I'll stop rambling on about lil' o me and my dark life. I just wanted to say hi! I really, really wish I could be with you right now.
 
----
 
Me too Jinx… me too… (Tears for fears, SHOUT SHOUT LET IT ALL OUT! THESE ARE THINGS I CAN DO WITHOUT! COME ON!)
 
----
 
You know what? I've been thinking about what you asked me tonight. If I remember correctly, you did ask me on a date, right? (So cute by the way) And I know I said we couldn't do it, but Vic I've been thinking and I decided that don't care if I get caught. I need to see you. I need to be with you. I just have to! So you wanted a date? I'll give you one you'll never forget! >=D
 
----
 
Could someone please slap me right now? (This is the time where you slap me. You know… What did the five fingers say to the face?! SLAP!) Ouch… Thanks! Nice follow through on that by the way.
 
----
 
By the way Vic,
 
BOO!
 
----
 
“Boo?! What the?!”
 
The chair I was sitting on just gave way from under me. I know, I know, I know. I really gotta lose some weight. Too many `Twinkies' right? Probably so! But my metal anchoring weight had nothing to do with the chair breaking trust me!
 
Hmmm, could it actually be a certain someone casting a hex? Yep, it definitely was. It was the girl I can't stop thinking about! You know! The one with those pretty, pretty, pretty eyes! That very same girl was in my room and I didn't know how or why. But right now who really gives a crap?!
 
I looked up and saw her standing with that devilish grin on her face.
 
“Yah!”
 
With that perky beauty of a word she leapt on me with a cat like pounce. She laughed as she wrapped her arms around my metallic neck and hugged me tight. Jinx then brought her warm cheek against mine. It felt so good I swear it made my sensors fuzz. This was definitely a good surprise!
 
She began to giggle a bit as she saw the bewildered look on my face. I really wasn't expecting anything like this really. Though I should be used to the unexpected, I've seen some weird stuff in my days of being a hero.
 
Let's see off the top of my mind! There was Starfire's transformation, Robin going on a date, oh and let's not forget Raven's whacky world in her mind. That had to be one of the weirdest if not… wait… Actually there was something weirder! Speaking of Raven let me tell ya'll, this one time I caught her singing in the shower. (I know, I know totally freaky stuff.) And she threatened me with the whole `angry Raven' thing. She said that she'd kill me if I said anything to anyone. So ya'll keep quite ya hear?!
 
I looked at Jinx and she only continued to laugh at me. She has such an adorable laugh. My pace maker was about to melt, and it felt really good for a change.
 
Okay so after the initial surprise, I tried to make some sense of this situation. No matter how many times I tell myself that it is usually is a pointless attempt and never works, I just do it. Outta habbit I guess.
 
“Jinx… you're… here… but you said we couldn't…”
 
To no surprise, she didn't really answer me with words. Jinx just gave me a soft peck on my one human cheek with those small lips of hers, and I relaxed not having a care in the world. She does do that to me every time, talking about her making me feel careless by the way.
 
Heh, I never `feel' that way too often, though I may act like it at all times. The rest of the Titans think I am just some fun loving, not a care in the world guy, that they can always count on for a laugh or some vocal support. I mean that is a cool expectation and I try my best, but come on! I am human aren't I? Am I? Okay bad question. Good thing Jinx had a better question for me.
 
“Happy to see me?” Those pink eyes are just hypnotic for sure.
 
“Of… course…”
 
I replied to her pretty weakly, I am still a bit shocked ya know? But to be fair I got calm pretty quick! This is Cyborg remember? I am the king of rock there is none higher! And nothing keeps me out of whack for too long. And as far as calming my self goes, that sweet smelling perfume that she had on didn't hurt either. Jean Patuo I think it was, boy this girl had class. Oh by the way, forget about the fact I knew exactly what type of perfume she was wearing. Just please don't ask.
 
Jinx whispered into my ear with a slight giggle towards the end.
 
“Well, I am happier.”
 
She winked and I only could grin at her.
 
“Of course you are.” This `cyborg' has some smooth lines huh?
 
I paused, as I just realized something.
 
“But I gotta ask you one thing Jinx.”
 
She stared at me with her cat eyes waiting for my question.
 
“Just how the hell did you get through my security system?”
 
She just again laughed at me playfully. This was pretty amazing. I had just updated the Titans Tower security system with all new gadgets and all that technological jazz. It was awesome to say the least, but even after all that upgrading this girl just broke through it without a sweat. Bummer? Yeah sorta. But hey, in the wise words of that Cops Theme… Bad girls bad girls What'cha gonna do? What'cha gonna do when they come for you? (SLAP oww…)
 
“You know me Vic! I can be anywhere I want, anytime I want. And right now I'd rather be no place else than to be here with you.”
 
She gave me that oh so cute smile of hers. Ah I love you Jinx, I really do. Wait… I do?!
 
“Jinx you are… heh… something else.”
 
I stuttered a bit. I guess I am not as cool under pressure as I thought. Wait a second what the hell am I talking about? I am the cat's pajamas baby! I am a smooth criminal! I am a hunka hunka burnin' love... I am…
 
“So, you wanted a date didn't you? Well seeing that you seem to have free time and I seem to have free time. Why not go on one let's say… now?”
 
I am now officially speechless.
 
“I uh… you… uh… Jinx for real?”
 
She just nodded in support of herself. Alright Cy, pull your suave magic! You can do it! It's the perfect time!
 
I grabbed her by her waist and rolled over so that I was now the one on top.
 
“Come here you…”
 
Making sure I didn't crush her with my heavy ass self I leaned over and kissed her. Jinx moaned softly as she grabbed my head and pushed it into hers. Aggressive Jinxy. Almost too kinky huh?
 
Nah! Of course not! This was just awesome and everything was going great until someone knocked at my door. I looked up a bit red and I don't know about you guys, but I think I over did it just a `wee' bit. You be the judge.
 
“WHAAAAAAT!?!!!!!!”
 
I yelled at the door and Jinx giggled at my angry outburst, but I quickly covered her mouth with my oh so cold hand.
 
“Yo uh, Cy are you done? The… movie is… er… about to… start…”
 
It was Beast Boy, and my green pal sounded a bit scared to say the least. I felt bad the way I yelled at him. I looked at Jinx and she shrugged with another light giggle. One word came to my mind at this point… DAMMIT! DAMMIT-DAMMIT-DAMMIT-DAMMIT-DAMMIT!
 
“Um, Cyborg you cool? I heard you talking in there. Uh, who you talking to?”
 
Oh god uh think Cyborg… think… yea that's it.
 
“Uh I was… uh… talking to myself… yea… I was doing the… you know… the hokie pokie!”
 
I looked at Jinx as she gave her best “are you a complete idiot” stare she could muster up at the time.
 
It was understandable ya'll. The freakin' `hokie pokie'? How the hell was that on my mind at the time? I never liked that song. Well I did as a little kid. Oh and I loved `I'm a little teapot' too. Hah, the memories…
 
Okay I once again deserved to be slapped. (Slap! Thank you!).
 
“Er, the hokie pokie Cy?” Beast to my expectations didn't sound too convinced. Oh well Cyborg better start back pedaling like you always do.
 
“Yea BB! You know how it goes! You put your left and in… you put your left hand out… you put your right hand in…”
 
“Dude! Yea, yea I get the picture! Come on stop joking around and let's go! It's WICKED SCARY TIME!”
 
I needed to think of something and something fast. YES! And what do you know? That light bulb above my head went off.
 
No seriously, I really mean it. The main light on the ceiling was burned out. Procrastination, as you know, is a teenager's worst enemy. This goes for us super heroes too. I kept telling myself to change that damn light bulb above for weeks. It's been dimming for the longest time!
 
Oh well! Back to the situation! I needed to buy more time, so I did what I needed to do at the time… I er… well… I guess I just bought myself some more time.
 
“Hey uh Beast I just need a bit more `time' man, can you guys start without me?”
 
BB must be thinking I am going through a wicked case of mood swings. From an angry tone to a complete calm tone in about thirty seconds, nothing suspicious about that. That sounds sorta like Raven huh? I wonder what that could mean eh? Hehe, nah…
 
I really felt bad hiding this situation from my homeboy. He probably thinks I am going crazy. Hehe! Though, he probably has always thought that deep down anyway.
 
Beast answered a bit shakily.
 
“Uh… sure… but…”
 
“THANKS MAN! I'll meet you out there!”
 
Me and Jinx looked at each other completely quiet as we heard his footsteps fading away. Jinx smiled at me but then got a bit serious.
 
“Hey, I don't want to ruin your movie night with…”
 
I enlarged my red and human eyes.
 
“NO! I mean Yes! Yes you do…”
 
I quickly got up and helped Jinx to her feet. We both stood staring at each other in a concentrated glare. This was a rare occasion especially in the last few weeks. Me and Jinx were both standing at the same time, in the same room, and not all over each other. Bah, Believe in miracles.
 
She grinned and friendly patted me on the back. It felt pretty nice, just like back when I was under cover at the H.I.V.E. academy. You know, when we were just `friends'.
 
Jinx suddenly sighed.
 
“Vic I can't break you off from your friends like this. The guilt is just too much.” I couldn't tell if she was joking but I'm not taking any chances!
 
“No it's okay! TRUST ME! There will be plenty of movie… uh…”
 
`Nights?”
 
“Yea! Those things!”
 
“Heh, and tell me what are you going to say to them Vic? `I'm going out with Jinx tonight don't wait up for me?'. I really don't think so…”
 
She had a point. Oh jeez, what am I gonna do? Hmm… wait a sec… let's see… under cover… H.I.V.E. Oh yeah! Now the real… er… “fake” light bulb went off!
 
I grinned at Jinx and she just raised her cute little brow in curiosity. This date was going to happen and happen tonight if I had anything to do with it!
 
“What are you-”
 
In an overly dramatic move I `shh'd her by striking a random heroic pose and quickly walked over to my oh so `P.H.A.T.' computer. I sat down and took a peak at Jinx, who kinda rolled her eyes at the “shh” and I chuckled at her expense. I just love to spontaneously spaz out in front of people. But doesn't everybody?
 
I looked at her pouting face and smiled.
 
“Just kidding Jinxy girl. Just you wait and see...”
 
Jinx nodded approvingly, yay! She then went over and placed her head on my large steel shoulder and draped her hands across my neck. I typed as quickly as my metal fingers let me. I could only think of going faster but I suddenly stopped as I realized that this whole situation is still a bit of a mystery.
 
“Okay Jinx don't get me wrong. I am glad you're here and all. But how the heck did you get out without Gizmo, Mammoth, the H.I.V.E. or Brother Blood noticing?”
 
She spoke against my head.
 
“You worry too much. Don't worry Vic. They don't know a thing.”
 
Uh, I was expecting more but I guess she didn't want to give me anything else. And I must admit I loved the mysterious side of this girl. She's so… bad… yet so caring. Dream girl ya'll! Dream girl!
 
I grinned and nodded to her showing Jinx that I understood she had to keep her mouth shut about certain things. I mean I wouldn't speak to her about “Titan” business. It was only fair. We were on different sides so it had to be this way. Though I really, really, really, really, really wish it wasn't.
 
By the way I am just about done with the typing and I am totally laughing like a giddy child inside.
 
“Now after this… and that… and this… and here we go baby!”
 
I hit the last key with a sense of victory and Jinx just giggled at my antics. We both turned as a part of the wall behind us started to spin around. A thick cloud of smoke began to shoot out of the revolving wall and I looked at Jinx as she stared in awe.
 
“Sweet huh?!” She didn't reply to my question with her jaw dropped almost to the floor.
 
As you all know, I just love over doing it! I always do! Just look at the T-car for God sakes.
 
The smoke clears and I stood next to what was behind the wall proudly. Jinx walked over to me and I grinned, probably in a creepy way but she can take it. My grin is a sure big one, which you all know. Starfire and Beast think they both have big smiles? They know in their little heads that they ain't got nothin' on me when it comes to smiling! Except maybe Star's is nicer, and BB makes girl's swoon, but mine is definitely the biggest!
 
I looked at Jinx as she peered at my creation. I smirked at the pink haired vixen.
 
“So, just say it Jinxy. You are one impressed chick!”
 
She stared at it in a bit of awe and slowly turned to me.
 
“Yea I am impressed… and it's uh… sorta cute!”
 
Cute she says? Yep! You guessed it! It was my dummy clone! This is the second model. The first one was sorta dismantled so I had to rebuild one this one from scratch. I gotta pat myself on the back for this. It looks way better than the first model! Waaay better.
 
“Remember that clone I blew up? You know the one I went totally Rambo on?”
 
Jinx turned to me with a smile.
 
“Yep, you did beat that thing pretty badly. But you know what? Actually he's `really' cute, I see what you're thinking you sly dog you.”
 
I nodded. “I know, I know, genius right?”
 
I let my breath shoot over my clenched fist and started to shine my chest plate arrogantly. I am so damn cocky aren't? Although it's all good ya'll! Jinx told me she liked that about me. But it was only because she was exactly the same way. Hehe.
 
She walked over to my clone and began to poke at its head playfully.
 
“I like the plan Vic, but this clone of yours is just so adorable. Why don't you go watch with your friends and leave me alone with this hunk.”
 
“You… you are funny you…”
 
She stared at me teasingly with that cute face of hers. I shook my head in a playful way of saying “That is not funny.” She went over to me and caressed the side of my face.
 
“I must say Vic, you're so cute when you're angry or jealous.” Jinx smiled letting those pink cheeks rise up.
 
“What'cha talkin' bout? I am not angry! And I am not jealous of my dummy!”
 
Okay so I have a bit of a temper as you guys know. But don't judge me! Let me make your body 80 percent robotic and let's see how your temper fluctuates constantly ya pansy. I'm sorry, there goes the temper again. I apologize. Don't need to slap me again. (SLAP… hey enough okay?!!)
 
Anyway, I walked over towards my workbench and picked up the controller for my clone. I pressed a few buttons and behold! IT WAS AALIVE! MUHAHAHAHAHA!
 
Jinx only stared at me. Damn I said that last part out loud didn't I? You are such a freaking goober Cyborg. Yes you are.
 
There was an awkward pause because of my lame Dr. Frankenstein impression. I tried to break the silence and I think I did a good job, once again you be the judge.
 
“Now all I gotta do is put some pre-recorded things that he can say to keep them off my back. If I remember correctly Beast rented Wicked Scary 2005.”
 
“Oh yea he did say that. I LOVE WICKED SCARY!”
 
“I know isn't it just awesome!? Scary stuff!”
 
We both made the “ooooh” ghost mimicking act towards each other and laughed. The two of us sounded like two over excited and hyper kids really. We both blushed at our childish outburst, but she just giggled it off, cute little giggle.
 
I started to speak while scratching my chin.
 
“I think Affleck is the movie, which of course means that Damon kid is there too. They're always in movies together.”
 
“That Matt Damon is cute.” I gave her a blank stare. Jinx replied with a shrug. I nodded.
 
Note to self, dislike Matt Damon from now on. GO AFFLECK! (You were the bomb in Phantoms YO!)
 
“Okay so now I got five preset things that he can say…”
 
“What are they so far?” Jinx enlarged her eyes.
 
“Well Booyah is the only one I got.”
 
She paused and tilted her head. “And how is that different from the real you?” Jinx teased again. She loved to do it! And I sorta loved that she did. She truly cares! She does!
 
“Hah! You are too funny, anyway I am thinking of using `Damn that's good popcorn', `Shut up I'm watching the movie' , one sound bite of me screaming like a girl (ala Silkie eating my leg), and probably another scream where I sound a bit more manly (ala Silkie not eating my leg).”
 
Jinx only shook her head. I went over to my tool box and grabbed two rings. Jinx instantly recognized the rings.
 
“Vic…” She probably started to remember the first moments of our friendship where I was pretending to be something I wasn't. Bah!
 
I put on the rings and smashed them together. In a bright flash, I was my old self again. `Vic `the quick pick' Stone. No more robotic parts! Or at least it seemed that way. I looked over towards Jinx.
 
“Sorry Jinx, I just gotta go disguised remember? If anybody sees a Titan hanging out with a H.I.V.E. member. Well that'll be the end of that. Plus we can get more intimate, if I didn't have this cold metal on me right?” I winked with my left eye which was usually the bionic eye.
 
I was a bit surprised when she shook her head. She walked over towards me and pulled the ring off making me change back into my normal self. She then spoke softly. “I don't care if you're purple and have lizard scales all over. I'll always have `fun' with you.” Jinx smiled and kissed me on the lips. I felt weak at the knees. Thank god they're made of metal! That really felt good to hear her say that. So sweet of her, always says the right thing that girl of mine.
 
Whether or not I truly believed what she was saying was another story. I wanted to believe it, but some part of me just felt like she was just saying that just to make me feel better. I definitely appreciate it either way though.
 
“Thanks.”
 
She only smiled as I started to walk out the door.
 
“Okay! You stay here alright? It'll just take a minute!” I looked over to my bad ass dummy.
 
“Let's do it cloney, make daddy proud ya hear!?” I grinned and I started to walk out slowly controlling my clone down the hall ways of Titans Tower. Making sure no one saw me; I peered into our living room that was pretty dim. The volume was cranked up on the movie so I wasn't too worried about them hearing me, though Raven and her powers could blow this whole plan to smithereens so I had to be careful.
 
I let my clone walk over to the couch and sat it down on the way corner. My buddies stared at it blankly. Damn, they're not going to buy this.
 
“Uh Cy you're finally here dude! Want some pop corn?” Beast Boy asked. I quickly made my clone grab the bowl. BB not letting go of the bowl in time accidentally got ripped over and fell into the lap of Raven (DUND! DUND! DUND!) , who was sitting next to him. I could only chuckle at what happened next.
 
BB was slow to get up off of Raven's lap and looked up towards my favorite purple haired girl. Looking at those white eyes was never fun… trust me… I know first hand.
 
“Eeer Hiyah Raven…” `He is so dead' I thought as BB laughed nervously.
 
“You mind getting off of me, in this century?” Raven seemed a `bit' (sorry a little understatement) angry as she that through clenched teeth.
 
“Sheesh…” Beast slowly got off and I pressed the voice button on my controller. I laughed to myself as BB curled up into a ball and continued to watch the movie.
 
“DAMN THAT'S GOOD POPCORN!” my clone blurted to everyone else's in the room dismay. Robin looked at my clone and just shook his head. He sat back leaned over to the side, as Starfire laid her red head into his shoulder. How cute that couple is! I bet that dude loves horror movies, I mean every time Starfire screams smooth ol' Robin always has to be the one holding her.
 
By the way, I can't believe they were buying it!
 
I suddenly heard a giggle from behind me. It was Jinx.
 
“You're not supposed to be here, hint hint.” I whispered to her. She only laughed as quietly as she could.
 
“Raven, she totally likes that green one doesn't she?”
 
I gave her a weird look.
 
“What the hell are you talking about?”
 
“Well, from experience that is what I am thinking. Gizmo… uh… he does the same thing to me. He overreacts over these type of little things. Just like what happened with Raven. He'll get all defensive and tries to make himself feel safe by being a jerk.”
 
Raven and BB? What has this girl been… HOLD ON A SEC!
 
“Wait Gizmo likes you? That little bas… I mean… he likes you likes you?” I asked stuttering through it. I wanted to hit myself as I thought I had spoken too loud. I checked over to the others but it was still cool, wheeeeeeeew.
 
“Isn't it obvious? Human psychology, you see someone overreact to something. It usually means they are trying to hide an emotion they feel, because of fear. Plus I see those two, Beast Boy and Raven, flirting all the time. Women's intuition helps too ya know?”
 
“Hehe.”
 
That made `some' sense. Honestly, it's always those “bad ass” people that always seem to have the difficult time being well honest with them selves. It took Robin awhile to warm up to Starfire, just because his bad ass self couldn't just admit it. But we all know Starfire, she is very persuasive when she wants to be. Ask my stomach that ate her cookies… ICK.
 
“You smart girl you, sorry to cut this short but let's get out of here so we can talk… alone.” I turned my dummy into “auto/passive” mode and uh… turned to Jinx.
 
“Lead the way your highness.” She said to me. I only shook my head at what said as we both snuck off into the elevator. I couldn't believe I was actually going on a date with Jinx. This is so damn awesome! I can't wait… uh wait… where the hell we're we going?
 
“Hey Jinx, uh I'd have fun with you anywhere you know that but uh… mind if I ask where we're going?”
 
She only smiled at me while we made our quick decent to the basement.
 
“Well, I don't want to tell you now. I want you to be surprised. You'll see Vic! But first we got to make a stop… to pick up some costumes.”
 
Cool costumes! This is gonna be awesome! Wait a friggin' minute… Costumes?
 
“HUH?!”