Fan Fiction ❯ On My Mind ❯ Gandalf: Prison ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

How could I have been so foolish?
 
Galadriel warned me about Saruman's ambition. I thought that leading the Wizard's Council would have satisfied his greed. How was I to know that his lust for power was so strong that he would completely turn his back on the world of men?
 
Fortunately, my magic gifts me with an ability to view certain aspects of the future. I know this venture of Saruman's will fail. I cannot see the nature of his downfall, but I know it is certain. What I do not know is the amount of devastation he will wreak upon this earth before he is defeated.
 
Of course, my gift does not show me all of the future, or else I would not be in my current predicament. But not even the wisest can see all ends, and I am far from the wisest. I know what I must; I will leave complete wisdom to the elves.
 
My only concern is getting to Frodo.
 
An innocent hobbit is leaving the only home he has known, on a mission on which I sent him. The knowledge burns in my heart, for I know I have sent him into great danger. But I cannot be trusted with the ring, and he was my only option.
 
I fear what the ring will do to Frodo. Even a free soul such as his will feel the ring's pull eventually. I only hope that Aragorn will be able to find him. Frodo and Sam would never reach Rivendell without the Ranger's help. I am not certain they will make it even with his help.
 
No, I cannot give in to despair. Frodo will be fine and will make it to Rivendell safely. And I will be there to greet him. The eagles have yet to fail to heed my call and the message I sent them will be protected by my magic. It is only a matter of time before I am free.
 
If Saruman does not kill me first.