Fan Fiction ❯ On the Wings Of A Shadow ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In the black void of my mind I watched a younger version of myself get thrown against an old fence an abandoned parking lot by a man with silver hair and emotionless black eyes. My eyes watered with liquid pain, but my mouth never uttered a sound. Dark Bruises graced my checks and arms. My jaw clenched and my hands fisted as bones cracked and joints popped as I stupidly stood again.

The man blew me back, flush against the fence, with a force invisible to the eye. He bent the metal from the fence against my wrist to hold me there. The skin around the metal began to darken and swell, while the hand connected to the wrested slowly turned white, signify an another set of bruises and lose of blood flow to my hands. My fingers twitched and began to glow a faint pink as I tried to pull myself off of the fence.

"It's no use," his sinister voice informed me, "Wanda is holding your powers. You can't get away." He threw his head back, silver hair falling behind in shoulders as he let out an ear cracking wail, resembling a laugh of some sort.

He wound the metal tighter and tighter around my wrists until I thought they would snap in half, like a dry twig.

"If only your ignorant father would have given what I wanted…you would not be here right now," another chuckle torn from his throat and he began to walk forward.

A growl torn through my clenched teeth, I knew I must look like a dog ready to gnaw appendages from his body, as I once again tried to free myself. My body flopped back against the fence with a jingle. The man just crept closer, still laughing his insidious wail.

Just as his mouth closed, swallowing his menacing chuckle, reading his throat to speak again, the pounding of sneakers against wet pavement sounded in the air. Seconds later a boy, not much older than I appeared, skidded to a stop in front of me. His back faced me, and his face was shadowed. He flung out his arms on either side of his body, taking a protective, yet scarifying stance in front of me. He heaved and panted, as if having run for days.

The silver headed man sneered at the boy, who glared back in turn. Their gazes locked for what seems like an eternity before the boy spoke, "Leave my sister alone," his voice was deeper than would be expected by his appearance, "I swear I'll do what ever you ask just leave her alone." The boy pleaded with my captor. He stepped into the light…