Fan Fiction ❯ On the Wings Of A Shadow ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dr. Xavier sat in front of cerebro his fingers steppled in front of his face, eyebrows drawn together in concentration, all his focus on a new mutant power located in California. Cerebro beeped and flashed quietly, the only sound in the room, indicating where the new mutant was located.

'This mutant's power level is incredible. We must go and retrieve her before Magneto or the Brotherhood locates her,'

Xavier placed his pointer and middle fingers to his temples and located them with his mind. He felt Logan walking briskly towards the cerebro room already, `No need to call him…Logan always was one to be in the right places at the right time' he thought,

Storm, Professor called telepathically, we've located another mutant. Meet me in the cerebro room.

As Logan punched in the entrance code, Professor opened his eyes and turned towards the opening door, "Logan, prepare the X jet. We've located another one."

"So where is this one located?" Logan asked as he came up behind Professor X. A picture of a young girl with long chocolate colored brown hair tinted blue and powder white skin popped up on the computer screen. Information popped up next:

Name: Raven Location: Orlando, Florida Power: Charge inanimate objects with explosively released biogenetic energy/ absorb and redirect kinetic energy

"She lives in Orlando Florida, with her adopted mother. It seems she has no other family members. It shouldn't take that long," Xavier started to Logan who looked impatient to pick up yet another kid.

Logan's eyes clouded over as he digested the information, "This kid could be an important to the X-men, with her power to redirect energy we would have a way to defeat Gambit," he then turned sharply towards the door, most likely heading to the X jet.

Xavier thought upon what Logan said 'Yes she would be of great help when we battle Magneto's Brotherhood, but what makes me uneasy is that the only ones who can posses such power are descendents of the Lebeau family. This may prove to be a problem. I will have to look into it.'

Professor rubbed the spot between his eyes to try and soothe the stress in his mind before speaking thoughtfully to Storm, "Bring Kurt; he could be of some help."

Storm, who entered the room previously, unnoticed nodded before speaking, "Of course Xavier, but doesn't Gean usually accompany us on these missions?" she asked, puzzlement clearly showing through in her voice and on her face.

"Yes…but I wish for Curt to accompany us on this specific mission," he said, `she doesn't seem the one to shy away from anything strange…unlike Kitty,' Xavier smiled slightly at the memory of when Kitty had first arrived.

Strom spun on her heels, hair swirling behind her and heels clicking against the marble floor, and walked out of the room in search of Kurt with out another word.