Fan Fiction ❯ Phoenix's Rise ❯ Trip to Olympus ( Chapter 28 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/n: I was told by my sister ( who reads every single one of my chapters before they're posted) that this is a little confusing, since the main focus switches locations a lot . . . so try to bear with me . . . okay? Enjoy!
 
Chapter 28
 
A Trip To Olympus
 
Phoenix lay fast asleep on her bed when a when a white light began to shine right above her. The same light began to glow in the other Guardians' rooms as well, and then, in a flash . . . the light and the teenagers were gone.
 
“Nguh . . . where am I? And what on this great, green earth am I wearing?” Phoenix woke up lying in the middle of a foggy field, wearing a pale orange toga. “Okay, this is beyond freaky.” To reassure herself to some degree, Phoenix felt for her sword, which was still belted around her waist.
 
“Phoenix, is that you? Where are we? I'm scared!” Airhead scampered up to her. He was dressed in all white, and had a pair of small daggers sheathed on his waist. “Did we die? Am I an angel now?”
 
“It's okay. We'll be fine. We aren't dead . . . and we aren't angels. If we were . . . I doubt that we'd have weapons. Just calm down . . . and look for somebody who might be able to tell us where we are.” Phoenix took Airhead's hand, and walked with him over the cloudy landscape.
 
Meanwhile; Terra, Aqualad, and Electra were trying to find Airhead and Phoenix. “Shouldn't we be looking for Chrome-Dome too?” Aqualad asked. He was dressed in a blue toga, and had a spear strapped across his back.
 
“Why? So he can insult us?” Electra asked with a snort. She had a pair of sias at her waist, and was dressed in yellow.
 
“Besides, we'd be wasting our time. He wouldn't be any help, and wouldn't accept help, either.” Terra agreed. She had a wooden bo staff on her back, and was dressed in tan.
 
Chrome-Dome was wandering around aimlessly, mad that he was scared from being left alone. He had no idea why he was dressed in a gray `dress', or why he had a bow and quiver full of arrows on his back. It's just a trick that those stupid Titans are playing on me.
 
On the peak of the cloud covered mountain that the Guardians were wandering around on, two adults watched the teenagers' progress on an enchanted mirror. “Well, Cybele . . . what do you think?” A man with a deep, bass voice asked the slim woman next to him.
 
Cybele shrugged with a sigh. “I had hoped that the leader would've known better, and found the last member of the team . . . but I brought her here anyway. They'll do fine as soon as they receive the proper training.”
 
“I hope that you're right . . . for the world's sake.” The man pulled nervously on his long, white beard as he continued to watch.
 
Phoenix had tried using her necklace to find any other people . . . but nothing happened . . . any of the twenty-three times she tried. Great, something must be blocking the tracking spell . . . “Are you okay?” Phoenix looked back to see Airhead struggling to keep up with her.
 
“I'm fine. I don't feel any more tired than when we started walking.” Airhead held up a handful of delicate, white flowers. “Aren't they pretty? I picked them for you.”
 
With a smile, Phoenix tucked a few of the blossoms into her hair, which had been mysteriously put up in an elaborate style. “Thank you. Is that why I needed to wait for you?” The only reply received was an embarrassed expression on the little one's face.
 
“All right . . . Saturday cartoons, here I come!” Beast Boy rocketed out of his room and into the common room. “Whoa, where is everybody?” The green boy stopped with a screech in the doorway. Robin and Cyborg were the only ones present.
 
“Asleep, I think.” Robin answered. “We'd better go make sure that they're all breathing.”
 
“Hey, is that you, Phoenix?” Terra called to a figure about fifty yards ahead of them.
 
“Oh, Chrome-Dome . . . what a great surprise.” Electra greeted sarcastically.
 
The metal person sidled up to the three, trying to act indifferent, but he couldn't contain how glad he was to see another person. “I'm really sorry for how I've acted you guys . . . you don't have a clue about how lonely I got!” He was about to hug his teammates, when he regained his composure. “So, have you losers figured out why we're here?”
 
“This is new.” Phoenix muttered to herself. She was sitting on a rock next to an amazingly clear stream, examining the Element Sword.
 
“What's new?” Airhead asked as he looked over Phoenix's shoulder, and down on the weapon.
 
“There's an indentation, here, on the blade, next to the hilt. It's the same shape as my necklace” She removed the crystal from its chain, and placed it in the dent. It was a perfect fit. An instant later, five colored orbs appeared, and materialized into the missing Guardians; Terra, Aqualad, Electra, Chrome-Dome, and another figure in a black toga. The girl had long, purple hair that was curled in soft ringlets.
 
“Raven, is that you?” Terra asked.
 
“I can't believe it! How could everyone have disappeared in the middle of the night?” Robin was fuming. He, Cyborg, and Beast Boy had carefully watched and re-watched all of the security tapes from the various hallways and doors leading out of the Tower that had been taken the night before to come up with nothing, diddly, nada . . . zilch.
 
“Dude! Where are they?” Beast Boy groaned.
 
“Raven, is that you?” Terra asked again.
 
The figure nodded. “What am I doing here, and why is my hair like this?”
 
Phoenix looked around. They all had strange hair-styles. “I think you're a Guardian too . . . I mean . . . technically, Darkness is an element . . . isn't it?”
 
A cloudy, pink orb appeared in front of the Guardians, and solidified into the short, slender woman whom had been watching the seven of them before. “Very good, Ashley, I knew that you would succeed. My name is Cybele. Others know me as Demeter or Ceres. You may call me which ever you wish.”
 
“Where are we?” Electra asked matter-of-factly.
 
“You're on Mount Olympus. Come, I will make everything clear to you.” Cybele began to lead the confused Guardians up a previously hidden road, paved with gold.