Fan Fiction ❯ Phoenix's Rise ❯ THE END ( Chapter 36 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 36
 
THE END
 
“Have we got any other way to find her? There has to be away other than using her communicator frequency!” Terra was pacing back and forth. She'd lost her cousin once, and she didn't plan on doing so again. “If it was Cyborg, we could track him sonic cannon gives off . . . what about Phoenix's powers, sword, or necklace?”
 
“No good. Even if she did have a unique energy signature, we don't have a sample reading stored, and that's what would need.” Raven somehow managed to find a way in which she could sound even gloomier.
 
“I've got it! We just gotta wait until news stories about a city being attacked by a psychotic girl with fire powers start popping up!” Beast Boy offered with his typical grin.
 
“Do you want to hit him, or should I?” Raven asked, her patience running thin. The threat was enough to make Beast Boy decide to retreat to his own room, leaving the Tower entirely silent, since the other teams had all returned to their respective cities. Even Airhead was gone. He'd decided to go home long enough to ask his family for permission to officially join the Titans.
 
“Hey, y'all . . . Robin's waking up.” Cyborg paged up from the infirmary. “He wants to know if you've got any news.”
 
“Well you can tell him that we hope to prove that `no news is good news'.” Terra snapped. “Sorry, let me rephrase that. No news yet.”
 
“Oooh . . . my head . . .” A girl dressed in faded jeans and a t-shirt which read `I didn't do it' sat up slowly in a dark alley way. “Where am I? What am I doing here? And most of all . . . who am I?” As the girl walked away, she didn't notice what she'd left behind . . . scorch marks all over the walls.