Fan Fiction ❯ Protect the wizard! ❯ getting to know the people ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Well, this is the second chapter. Is till don’t own the Titans or Harry but I still wish I did. Have fun, enjoy and please review!
In Dumbledore’s office

The Titans were stood around his desk and were examining the items that laid on the shelves and all around the room. They then we’re sat looking over at Dumbledore, who seemed to just stand there looking out of the window.

"So who is it that you want us to guard anyway? And why in your letter did you say something about disguises? I thought the robes were our disguises!" Robin said finally breaking the silence.

"Yes of course. But I would like to say how sorry I am that your friend's Cyborg and Starfire couldn't come. I never knew that he was part robot and any machinery that comes in the Hogwarts grounds will instantly go crazy and malfunction," he said and then sat down and faced the Titans. "The boy’s name is Harry Potter and he has been chased quite a lot for his few years at Hogwarts. The person who has been following him is a very evil wizard, which you I hope, already know about. You see I would like no fuss to go along my student or faculty, so you must be disguise!" He looked at the three Titans then took out a quill and some paper. "Some of the faculty already know about your arrival and will be available for your help if needed. I have heard that one of you contains knowledge of potions, and mythical creatures. Which of you is it?" He said as the two male Titans looked at Raven and then she looked up. "Okay. Is there anything else you can do that may help me decide where you can go? Can you tell the future, fly a broomstick or be capable of using a wand"

"Err... No, I can't fly a broomstick but I can levitate from the ground. I don't need a wand nor can I use one." Raven said in her emotionless voice as Beastboy snickered in the background. "What's so funny?" She said and some items around the room were covered in black and started to float.

"I see you have a temper problem Miss Raven but you must control it, as you will be undercover as a student in Harry's house. I advise you to become his friend and get close to him, so if anything does happen, then you will be able to protect him. He has a female friend named Hermione Granger if that is any help,"

Raven looked up in shock. A student, at a wizard school. She can't perform great spells like a wizard or a witch. She was merely a mage. "But won't they find out that I'm not a witch?"

"No my dear. There are many witches and wizards who have no full control over their powers yet. You will need a new name though."

"Hey Rae you can be called Madam Marty or Ms Dark or even the Oh Mighty Creepy One!" Beastboy said laughing.

Raven was about to hurt him when Dumbledore spoke. " How about just plain Rae?" She gave a small nod but didn‘t take her eyes of the green teen. "Now for you, Beastboy, is it? And you have the power to transform into any animal at will?" And Beastboy gave a small nod. "You can be with Hagrid. He's our care of magic creatures teacher and he will be more than thrilled to have you helping him out, I also believe that he is also Harry favourite teacher here at Hogwarts, and no doubt he will frequently visit Hagrid. You too will need a new name though!"

"Call me Garfield" Beastboy jumped around in excitement.

"Garfield it is. Now, Robin, do you enjoy sports?" Robin nodded. "Well you can be our storekeeper and help Madam Hooch. I think you will rather enjoy it and it's also Harry's favourite sport as well as him being on the team as well so you will get quite close to Harry. And as for you name..."

Robin looked up at the old wizard. Unlike Beastboy, he didn't like the idea of telling people his true identity, just like he refused to take his mask off (so Raven allowed to him to keep it on). "Er, how about John?" He said and then looked up at the other Titans. Raven nodded and Beastboy shrugged.

"Very well John, you all will be taken to where you need to be shortly. Robin and Beastboy, you two can wait in the corridor till Madam Hooch and Hagrid come to collect you. Raven you may accompany me to the dinning hall were the student are at this present moment."

The Titans nodded and they all made there way out of the office and as both Titan boys stood in the corridor. Raven followed the white bearded man down the corridor and they soon ended up in a large room, over flowing with people eating. Dumbledore moved Raven to the direction of one of the long tables, which was covered in food and drink that people were devouring. He led her to an empty space next to a boy with black messy hair. Over at the other side of the table was girl about Raven’s size with frizzy hair. Raven looked around at Dumbledore and she saw his eyes dart to the boy with messy black hair. She assumed that he was this Harry Potter guy she needed to become friends with. The old man walked of and left Raven on her own. She stared down at the food, but decided she wasn't hungry and instead examined some of the people who were sat around her.

"Hi!" Raven heard and then looked up to see a boy with flaming red hair. He was sat next to Harry and looked a bit concerned. "Are you okay? You look a bit white" he said.
"Err yeah I'm okay" she found what he said as a insult because her skin was always pale, but she didn't say anything because people always had something to say about her pale skin, and her violet hair and eyes.

"Well I'm Ron" he said and smiled at her, but Raven stayed emotionless and just nodded. "Yeah, well this is Harry," and Harry waved. "Over there is Hermione," she looked up over the top of a book titled six years, potions', and gave Raven a small wave.

"I’m Rae!" Raven said then looked down at the food that lay on the table in front of her.

"I don’t think I've seen you hear before," Ron said then a few eyes looked in Raven’s direction.

"I’m new," she said trying to ignore the staring eyes.

"Wait! So are you the new student who gave Malfoy a spook? That was so cool! So what did you do?" Ron said excitedly then Raven looked at him with the same stare she gave Malfoy.

"Okay! Yeah well...!" Ron said fiddling with a napkin in fear. And then she started examined Hermione's book a little longer. She then got out her own book from her robe and started to scam through the book till she found her page, then it was Hermione's turn to examine Raven's book.

"O great. Another book worm!" Ron said and Raven heard a familiar laugh.

She looked around the room and not far from her, standing next to Hagrid was Beastboy with his hood still up and covering his face. He was stood near the entrance and then he and Hagrid walked out.

"Why me?" Raven said quietly to herself then resumed back to her book, but the noses from the food eating students was just too much and she was really starting to get annoyed and gave up.

"So Rae. This your first day here?" Hermione said closing her book. It looked like the noises was too much for her as well.

"Yes," Raven said simply.

"So are you a six year?" She said raising an eyebrow.

Raven didn't like the 20-question girl who sat at the other side of the table, but she needed to get close to Harry. So politeness was her middle name today. "Yes. I started late and use to be home tutored," it was the only thing she could come up with, and she hopped that witches and wizards were home tutored, but Hermione nodded non the less.

Ron and Harry stood up. "Hey Rae, do you wont to hang out with us? Unless you have someone else to go with?" Ron said then Hermione stood up.

"Thanks!" Raven said then stood up.

They walked out of the dinning room and headed down a corridor.

"So have you been shown around yet or have you..." Ron started but was interrupted by a cocky voice.

"So the losses have found a new club member I see!"They turned around to see Malfoy.
Then Malfoy saw it was raven and flinched a bit but it was barely seen except to Raven. Raven gave a small evil smile knowing that Malfoy was scared of her so it would be easy to get rid of him.

"Why? Do you won't to join Malfoy?" Ron said in a sarcastic voice, and Harry laughed.

‘Wow, Beastboy would have better luck with this guy than I will. He seemed to like stupid jokes' Raven thought to herself.

"So what's with the purple eyes. You look like you should be with Hagrid and his stupid care for magical creatures' class!" Malfoy said to Raven and Raven used all her efforts to calm her emotions down.

‘He’s not worth it' Raven thought. "At least I would be classed as a creature. Unlike you, all living creatures contain some sort of a brain," she said to Malfoy. But I still wonder about Beastboy'. She heard Ron and Harry laugh at her response to Malfoy but paid them no attention, but remained eyeing Malfoy.

Malfoy merely gave her slimy smile then walked of.

"Hey, you’re okay Rae. That was great!" Ron said and Raven raised an eyebrow.
The four walked around Hogwarts showing Raven around, and even attempted to get her to smile, who she was, use to because of Beastboy. It soon got late and so Raven and Hermione went to there sleeping quarters. Raven found it hard to sleep, as she was use to being in a room alone so she went down stairs to the common room and started to meditate. There was no one around so she felt it was safe to do it, but she couldn't help but wont a cup of herbal tea.

I hope you enjoyed so please review!