Fan Fiction ❯ Pulled into the Middle Ages ❯ Ch. 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.F: Ok, somebody's been e-mailing me these past couple of months asking me to update. So I'm updating!

 

Frog: Finally…

 

A.F: Yep.

 

Frog: Art thou going to get started?

 

A.F: Oh! Okay! I don't own Chrono Trigger!

 

************************************************

Chapter 3

************************************************

 

It was another chilled night in the Guardia forest, a campfire aflame, only two who were actually awake, Florina a bit cold, one known as Cyrus resting for the new surprises ahead of them later, and Glenn sitting up against a rock, not being able to sleep. This was due to the distraction of how he watched Florina shiver constantly.

"Are you cold Florina?" Glenn asked.

Her teeth slightly chattered a bit, and they both happened to notice her breath was becoming visible in the night air, giving Glenn his answer, also showing the concern from his gentlemen-like ways.

"S-sort of…" her teeth chattered again.

In his gentlemen ways, Glenn had forgotten that Florina was a girl, and he was the guy that always blushed around her. He wrapped a blanket about her shoulders, and held her close against his warm body.

Now realizing what he had just done, a bit of red stained Glenn's cheeks. In his mind, he could have sworn the temperature in his body increased dramatically like the temperature in his cheeks.

"U-um… s-sorry if I just offended you in s-some way Florina!" He stuttered from nervousness of the situation.

Odd enough, Florina was already asleep, and one side of her head, along with her body, was curled up against Glenn for warmth, much to Glenn's relief.

But then he heard her mutter something in her sleep…

"Thanks Glenn…"

 

 

The next morning, Glenn awoke with a foot gently nudging his knee, whose foot seemed to belong to none other than Cyrus, who looked amused from the picture in front of him.

"Aw… isn't this cute?" He chuckled softly.

Glenn's cheeks became red from embarrassment again, and his voice was soft but clear when he spoke to Cyrus in sort of a death tone.

"She was cold…"

All that did was provoke Cyrus's chuckles, into a loud roar of laughter, the commotion causing the animals a bit of unease.

"Sure she was."

The commotion stopped when the two heard a yawn, a sign that someone had awakened, making them both anxious to prove the other wrong from Florina's point of view of the night before.

"Huh…? What's going on here?" She rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes, still unaware of her position.

Cyrus smiled, ready to bust the peaceful moment.

"See for yourself!"

Still weary, Florina was still unclear with the situation.

"Huh…?"

She glanced about her surroundings, then finally noticed the position she was in with the now blushing Glenn.

"Uh… WHOA!!!" She jumped out of the position with her face as red as Glenn's.

With a sigh, Glenn stood up, brushed the grass off of his pants, and held out his hand to help Florina to her feet as well since he felt it was his fault she was still on the ground at the moment.

"Sorry…" He muttered loud enough for her to hear.

Still a little red from the sudden shock, she took his hand as he helped her stand and maintain her balance.

"Thank you." She smiled, completely forgetting what had just happened.

Cyrus busted out laughing again, showing he hadn't forgotten what he had just seen not too long ago.

"This is such a nice scene!"

Florina's eyebrow twitched in agitation, her face flushed red, but it was more from anger rather than embarrassment this time.

"Cyrus… cut it out!" She warned him.

But he couldn't stop laughing for some… strange reason, only provoking her more, giving Glenn a sign to back away, Florina was going to try something.

 

"Uh oh…"

And she obviously did. Unfortunately for Cyrus, he was kicked… right in the stomach, sending him to the ground breathless, meaning no laughter.

"Yay! I feel so much better!" She smiled with content while clapping her hands together, knowing the job was done.

Glenn smiled to himself.

"That's Florina alright…" He thought.

****************************************************

It was a gloomy, dark day in Guardia Castle, and Florina was feeling uneasy about the sudden change in weather that usually wasn't like this in Guardia. The answer just didn't seem to be clear to her.

At least, not until she saw troops getting ready for… a battle.

"IT'S MAGUS AND HIS ARMY!!! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!!" A knight shouted.

In the rushing troops, she saw Cyrus, making her feel queasy in her stomach. One of her friends was actually going to go into such a dangerous battle for the first time.

"He could get killed…" She rasped.

Feeling dizziness overcome her, she lost her balance, and at the last minute, gained support from the wall behind her.

Next thing she knew, Glenn had his hand pressed against her forehead, a look of concern on his face.

"You're burning up… are you okay?"

Florina stumbled a bit, barely managing to maintain her balance, giving Glenn the answer he needed.

"A fever… you shouldn't be moving around like that with a fever Florina."

He lifted her off of her feet and onto his back, sending her into protests.

"I- I'm fine Glenn! Now put me down!"

He ignored her protests, in knowing this, she tried to kick, but for some unknown reason, she didn't have the energy to do so.

The next thing she remembered was seeing black.

*****************************************

When Florina was conscious again, she found herself in a bed. Also feeling something wet and cold on her forehead, she opened her eyes to find Glenn with a happy look on his face, seeming glad to know she was alright and conscious again.

"Glad to know you're alive, even with such a high fever." He grinned.

Florina sat up, feeling the dizziness sweep over here head again, prompting Glenn to push her back down to the position she was in before.

"You'll have to lie down for a while. I mean, you can barely walk the way you are now!"

She tried to sit up again, only to feel Glenn's hand pressed against her chest to keep her down. Apparently, she didn't have the energy to fight against him.

"But… what about Cyrus? Will he be okay?" She asked.

With the friendly grin of his, he managed to reassure her for the time being.

"Don't worry… he's an expert swordsman. He can take care of himself out there."

****************************************************************

A few hours later…

***************************************************************< /div>

Glenn was taking a nap. It seemed that Florina pretended to sleep, only to let Glenn relax a bit, enough for him to sleep that is.

Nobody was watching Florina. They were all busy tending to the wounded knights who needed care.

"This is my chance to help Cyrus…" She muttered.

Barely managing to walk, it took a while, but she made it out of the castle past all of the guards, and Glenn didn't seem to have noticed.

When she made it out into Guardia Forest, the dizziness overcame her again, and she stumbled until she fell on the soft grass.

"Dammit… what's wrong with me today?!"

Her body became stiff when she heard the sound of footsteps slowly coming toward her.

"Oh no…"

She didn't look up, in fact, she didn't have to.

A fierce person, or thing, jerked her up by the collar of her shirt, twisting it so she could barely breathe, making her stare into the eyes of a man with red eyes and long blue hair.

"Magus you bastard…" She choked.

He had probably gotten past all of the defenses without being noticed. Unfortunate for Florina, because she happened to be the only thing in his way that kept him from getting into the castle.

"You're in my way human…" He said coldly.

Then she saw a way out, someone was watching from a safe distance, ready to attack when the chance was given. Somebody that Florina knew who was clever enough to see Magus get through the defenses, and follow him.

It was Cyrus.

Then she saw another person, waiting until the right moment to aid Cyrus, Glenn.

Luckily, Magus didn't seem to notice, so they had a chance.

Magus pulled out a scythe, ready to kill his victim, causing Florina to scream, and give the signal to Glenn and Cyrus, who came charging out with swords drawn.

They attempted to slash Magus, only to be blown back, sent crashing into a tree, and their swords thrown into some other place in the forest.

"Foolish humans… did you think amateurs like you could defeat me so easily?"

He dropped Florina to the ground, now his attention was on Glenn and Cyrus, the two helpless from the loss of their swords.

She felt something pounding in her head, causing even more pain with each step Magus took toward Glenn and Cyrus.

Her hands felt like something was burning within them, wanting to be let out.

And so it did, flames were ablaze, and sent hurdling at Magus, who seemed surprised by such an attack when it made a direct hit. Smoke filled the area, nobody knowing what to expect.

"Fire 2…?" Florina said quizzically.

When the smoke cleared, there was Magus, unharmed, except maybe a few smudges, but that was it.

"You…? You actually know magic…? A human girl…?"

He came back to reality, but when he searched the area with his eyes, he found nothing more amusing, and seemed uninterested with killing anybody anymore.

"You're lucky… this time I'll spare you… of course, next time will be different." He smirked, than vanished without a trace.

The danger gone, Glenn and Cyrus made their way to the confused Florina, not knowing what was going on as well.

Glenn completely forgot that she had snuck out of the castle, and into danger by the scene he just witnessed.

"Florina…?"

She stared at her hands, then back at Cyrus and Glenn, not knowing what was going to happen next.

"I don't know…"

The dizziness from earlier was gone, but she felt that her energy was drained from that stunt she just pulled with Magus. She felt weary, and couldn't stay conscious anymore, than finally, Florina slipped into unconsciousness for the second time in one day.

*******************************************************

End of chapter 3

 

A.F: Happy? I updated!

 

Frog: Um… yes?

 

A.F: Ahh… whatever… please review!