Fan Fiction ❯ Pure Essence ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


~Pure Essence~

Back at home Yasuyoshi was trying to explain to Junji why it was he had sent Nancy to stay with Zhou. However, Junji was so angry that his explanations were falling on deaf ears.

“I’m sorry I changed the plans now calm down and I’ll explain-” Yasuyoshi scowled as Junji’s outraged yells sounded once more, causing his own voice to be lost among the complaints.

“You told me that when the time came you would give her to me! We’ve been planning this for three years now Yasuyoshi! Three years! You’re giving her to Zhou!” Junji yelled in Yasuyoshi’s face, he paused momentarily, perhaps to catch his breath. Yasuyoshi, having grown tired of being yelled at by his lower-ranking colleague, grabbed his neck and kicked his feet out from under him, causing Junji to fall back onto the table, braking a plate and a glass of wine under him.

“I don’t have to explain myself to you, Junji. Nor do I have to tell you when I decide to change my plans. Is that understood?” Yasuyoshi asked, squeezing the angel’s throat until Junji managed to nod. Yasuyoshi released him and turned away from him as he slowly slid from the table to his knees.

“I’m sorry,” Junji said breathlessly. Yasuyoshi laughed as he opened a nearby cabinet and removed a bottle containing a light blue liqueur.

“Nancy is the only person who is capable of unlocking the crystal’s power. The elemental angels confirmed that a few days ago. That is why I decided that I would have to send her to Zhou. He will not give up the crystal unless he thinks that he has found someone who will use it for his own intentions,” Yasuyoshi said quietly. He turned back to Junji holding a small drinking glass half full of the blue liqueur.

“But why would he think that she would help him? There is no reason that he should trust her; she is your daughter.” Junji slowly climbed to his feet while Yasuyoshi took a small sip of his drink.

“In a few days time the elements will join, the effect of the element’s power will force Nancy’s demonic blood to overtake her angelic and Zhou will find himself faced with one of those disgusting creatures he loves so much.” Yasuyoshi gripped his glass to tightly that it began to crack.

“I know that he’d use her against you, but why would she turn on you?” Junji asked.

“He’s going to tell her,” Yasuyoshi frowned down into his glass, the light blue liqueur had begun to slip through the crack and drip onto the floor.

FA~*~Pure Essence~*~FA

“This is it,” Zhou announced as they arrived outside his home. Nancy raised an eyebrow at the large four story mansion before her. She had imagined something smaller since she had learned he lived on the military plane, perhaps a bunker. She certainly hadn’t pictured a mansion with a huge garden out front and the most estravogant statue she had ever seen in the middle of the front lawn.

It was made up of eight female angels and one male, the male standing in the center with the females sitting around him. Their backs turned to him, each one with their hands cupped and faces turned upwards as if they were waiting to catch something falling from the sky. All were dressed in the same dress long sleeveless dress. The male was standing with his stone arms crossed over his chest wearing a military uniform as he too gazed up into the sky, waiting for something.

“Your statue is very... large,” she commented awkwardly.

“Thank you,” he said, trying to hide the amused smile on his face as they walked up to the front door. He opened the door then stood aside, motioning for her to go in. “Ladies first.”

“I’m hardly a lady, Zhou.” Nancy stepped inside and looked around. Zhou frowned slightly as he followed her. “Please, don’t think that you have to be formal with me. If we are to get to know one another then we have to be on the same level.”

“Harmony must have told you that. Yasuyoshi wouldn’t have taught you such a thing,” Zhou said. She turned back to him, her eyes wide with surprise.

“You know Harmony?”

“And Faith. We’ve been friends for quite a while,” he said. Nancy let a small smile cross her face. Perhaps her time spent with Zhou would not be too bad. If he knew Harmony and Faith then they could have more in common then she thought.

“Really? They never mentioned you. How long have you known them?” She asked. Might as well start talking to him now.

“Since they were born. I fought with their father during the early battles,” he explained. Nancy began to nod then caught herself and frowned slightly.

“Oh.” He was older than she thought. Much older than he looked. She reached up and brushed her hair from her face, it was then that Zhou caught site of her bracelet.

“That bracelet-” Zhou stopped as his mind starting to cloud over with images. Nancy raised an eyebrow.

“Yasuyoshi gave it to me. Is there something wrong with it?” She looked almost as if she’d be angry if he said something. Zhou shook his head, if she didn’t know he wouldn’t tell her.

“No,” he said. Nancy shrugged it off.

“So what do you do around here Zhou?”

“When I’m here I have meetings with those who are stationed here, or I try to train my slaves-” The look that crossed Nancy’s face made him stop.

“Don’t you think those people have it hard enough without you bickering at them?” Zhou blinked, he’d come across some of the toughest opponents you could imagine but none of them were even half as intimidating as the girl in front of him.

“I don’t bicker at them. I only have two servants and they are very experienced so I help them along sometimes. ” Zhou blinked as Nancy blushed and stepped back from him.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I don’t think very much of slavery so the topic normally sets me off,” she said softly. Zhou smiled softly at her and nodded.

“It’s perfectly understandable. Most girls your age don’t-” Zhou stopped as Nancy’s face darkened once more.

“Oh so you bring young girls here a lot huh?”

“No of course not I-” Zhou shook his head.

“Oh so girls my age aren’t good enough for you?”

“No that’s not what I meant I-”

“Nancy, stop it!” Hayao commanded, Nancy jumped and Zhou blinked. “Why don’t you try and be polite for once?” Nancy took in a deep breath and looked away from the two men.

“Please forgive me.” She looked at Zhou then without a word walked off down the hall. Zhou started after her but Hayao stopped him moving in front of him before he got away.

“Zhou let her go for a second. We have to talk,” Hayao whispered. Zhou frowned slightly at the look on Hayao’s face.

“Should I get the others?” Hayao glanced back over his shoulder to Nancy who had stopped and was staring at a painting on the wall.

“No, I’ll get them you just get her to bed or something, she wont give you anymore trouble tonight, Keitaro is in her room and he’ll make sure she doesn’t leave.”

“Keitaro?” Zhou asked.

“Her pet fox,” Hayao explained.

“Oh.” Zhou nodded and walked past him, barely hearing Hayao sigh.

Nancy was staring at a painting of a young Angel with long blond hair, she wore a long white dress and beside her was a male with short brown hair wearing clothes similar to Zhou’s. There were other angels in the Painting. People she knew, Hayao, Harmony, Faith, Zhou, some other angels she didn’t know a woman with a black cloak and a black fox sitting by the couple in white. Nancy stared at the couple her eyes focused on their faces, she knew them yet she couldn’t place them.

“That’s very old. Almost one hundred years,” Zhou said. Nancy didn’t take her eyes off the two people in the center of the painting.

“You’re in it, so is Hayao, Harmony, and Faith. Who are the other people?” Zhou looked at her for a moment before deciding that it was alright.

“The woman in the cloak is called Heresy, she’s a demon, the black fox is Vixen, I assume Keitaro is her kit. The female angels with red and blue hair are Fluffy and Sarah, the green haired male standing near them is Kamui-”

“Who are the ones in the middle Zhou?” She looked at him, he frowned slightly as her curious eyes searched him for some sort of answer.

“The woman’s name is Serenity,” Zhou saw no reaction from her, she still looked as if she didn’t know who the two people were. “The man is, well, those who were close to him knew him as Kami. Other called him Sire or-”

“Zhou, really who are they? I recognize their faces but their names don’t mean anything to me.” She looked back at the painting and leaned her head to one side as she stared at it. He looked at the painting and sighed.

“That was their wedding day, none of us saw them after that. They disappeared. I thought they might have gone to the living realm, but nearly eighteen years ago they returned. That same night the house they were staying at caught fire, they were trapped inside. Their fox, Vixen, managed to get her kits to safety and went back for her masters. They gave their child to her before it was too late and the fox and the baby escaped from the house while they burned.” Nancy looked back to him but her face was pale.

“They were burned? So they were traitors. I must have read about them right? In some book?” she asked eagerly. Too eagerly. Zhou shook his head.

“No, this was never recorded, so angels wouldn’t think of them as traitors just that they died in a mere accident. Your Mother and Father were greatly respected among some of the angels...” he trailed off, tearing his eyes from the painting. Nancy shook her head.

“They’re my parents? But that can’t be, Yasuyoshi told me they died in a battle. He wouldn’t-” Her voice broke as Zhou placed a hand on her shoulder. She moved away from him.

“The reason he lied to you was because it was he who started that fire.” Zhou took a step towards her.

“That can’t be! He took me into his home and raised me like a daughter. He would never do anything like that!” she snapped at him. Beside her foot Keitaro made his presence known. He nudged Nancy with his nose. She looked down at the fox that turned and walked away. Nancy looked at Zhou for a moment and bit her lower lip. She wanted to scream at him, run out of the house and away from his lies. But he said no more and he made no more advancing steps. She turned her back on him and followed the fox.

Zhou was quiet as he watched her walk away, he hadn’t wanted her to get upset with him as she had. Yet how could she not after hearing what he said? He would give her some time to cool down, after walking with her to his home he doubted that she would try to run out, she seemed too frightened to be out on the street. Maybe he could talk to her again after he spoke to Hayao and the others.

FA~*~Pure Essence~*~FA

Hayao, Harmony, Faith and two other girls sat around Zhou’s office. When he walked in one of the two girls, who had short, straight red hair and lime green eyes, spoke. “Alright let’s get this meeting started. So who, what, where, when, and why?” she asked quickly. The girl with Short blue hair and bright lime green eyes grinned at her and laughed.

“Yea what’s the low down on the high ups?” she asked and the two girls broke into giggles. Harmony and Faith rolled their eyes as Zhou sat down behind his desk.

“You were right Zhou, Yasuyoshi and Junji are plotting to take the crystal. I heard them talking after you left with Nancy,” Hayao explained. The blue haired girl frowned and pushed the red head away from her as the girl tried to climb into her lap.

“They think you’ll just give it to her?” Harmony scoffed and shook her head. “Sarah don’t fondle Fluffy...” She hissed at the red haired girl as she attempted to grope the blue haired one.

“If I can convince her that Yasuyoshi is the enemy I will give her the crystal,” Zhou said. “But that may be difficult now.” He cleared his throat awkwardly and looked away from them. Sarah stuck her tongue out at Harmony while she pressed herself against the blue haired girl, Fluffy.

“Zhou did you do something stupid?” Faith asked.

“No. At least I hope not,” he said.

“That’s the trouble with young girls. They’re so temperamental.” A woman appeared behind Zhou, her hands on his shoulders. Her eyes were plain black and she wore a black cloak which hid her clothes, but her shoulder length pink hair seemed to contradict the evil theme she was trying to create.

“Heresy, glad you came,” Faith said sarcastically. Harmony glared at her and along with her sister moved closer to Hayao who didn’t seem to notice the two girls. Sarah blinked as Fluffy pulled her onto her lap and glared at Heresy.

“I heard there would be trouble. Just thought I would stop in to see if I might be able to help,” she said.

Hayao looked at the ceiling. “Well unless you can figure out a good way to keep Yasuyoshi from getting the crystal-”

“Just don’t give it to her. It’s that simple,” she answered. Zhou shook his head.

“The crystal has to be given to her and its power has to awaken before she turns eighteen, if not then the power will be lost forever.”

“So what?” Heresy shrugged. Hayao glared at her.

“That power could save millions of Angels, and demons,” he snapped.

“And it could also destroy millions of angels or demons. If you give her the crystal Yasuyoshi will only take it from her,” Heresy snapped back.

“Not if he doesn’t know she has it. We can disguise it quite easily. We’ll just put it in another crystal and make it a necklace,” Sarah offered.

“You’re going to make the crystal a piece of Jewelry?” Heresy frowned at the idea.

“Yes,” Fluffy snapped. Heresy raised an eyebrow.

“That’s a good idea Sarah, Fluffy. How long will it take for you to do it?” Zhou asked looking at one of Heresy’s hands. Sarah frowned.
“We’ll have it done by the time she’s packed and ready to go to Junji’s. Sooner if we go now. So we’re going to go now.” Fluffy and Sarah disappeared. Hayao stood.

“I’m going to find Nancy. Judging by the way you’re only half way paying attention to everything we say you must have upset her by now.” Hayao walked out of the office, Faith and Harmony looked at Zhou for a moment then ran out after Hayao.

“Well, he’s right. I think I did upset her,” Zhou sighed. Heresy smiled and rubbed his shoulders.

“Don’t worry about it Zhou. She’s only a child, and a spoiled one at that. Let Hayao deal with her, Zhou. She’s familiar with him anyway. Who knows perhaps he’ll help to convince her of how to use the crystal in everyone’s best intentions. Not to mention showing her how to destroy Yasuyoshi,” Heresy said. Zhou didn’t speak as Heresy’s fingers moved from his shoulders to the collar of his shirt and she started to unfasten the buttons. He caught her hands and frowned deeply.

“It’s strange how you say everyone’s intentions yet only mean your own Heresy.” Zhou stood and left the office. Heresy sat down in his chair and smirked.

“Not only my own Zhou.”

FA~*~Pure Essence~*~FA

“Nancy?” Hayao walked into the room. Nancy turned bright red and slapped him.

“Don’t you know to knock before you walk into a girl’s room?” she asked. Hayao touched the side of his face where there was a red hand print.

“That actually hurt,” he growled. Nancy pulled on a light blue silk nightdress and rolled her eyes.

“Good. You walked into my room while I wasn’t fully clothed,” she mumbled. Hayao scoffed.

“Fully clothed? Nancy, you weren’t wearing anything. Now I’m scarred with the image of your naked body for the rest of my life.”

“Keep talking and you’re suffering will soon be over,” she threatened. Nancy sat down on the bed and pulled Keitaro onto her lap.

“So what’s wrong?” Hayao asked while leaning against the wall. Nancy shrugged.

“Nothing.”
“Nancy don’t make me drag you outside and leave you for some gang. What’s wrong?” he asked again. Nancy looked away from him and down at Keitaro.

“Figures. You don’t have the balls to do anything yourself,” Nancy sighed.

“Believe me. You wouldn’t want me to do anything to you.” Hayao smirked.

“What are you going to do frown at me to death?” she asked, but Hayao didn’t look amused.

“Nancy what did he say to you?” The look of concern that crossed his face finally reached her. Nancy scratched Keitaro’s ears as she was silent a few more minutes.

“He said that my parents were burned to death. And that Yasuyoshi did it,” she whispered finally.

“And that made you upset. Look, I understand that finding out that you’re parents were murdered by the man who raised you is shocking but don’t be angry at him for telling you the truth. Be curious to why Yasuyoshi lied to you.”

“So you knew too?” She felt betrayed, Hayao was her oldest and dearest friend and he hadn’t told her. But because he was so dear to her she didn’t feel as though she could stay mad at him. “I suppose you’re right. After all Zhou was only being truthful. Yasuyoshi is the one who lied to me, not him.” She smiled slightly and Hayao pushed off the wall.

“You’ll feel better after you get some sleep,” he said and patted her head. Nancy watched him walk out of the room and close the door. She sighed and blew out the candle beside the bed.

“How could I sleep?” She said into the darkness and began to pet Keitaro’s fur.