Fan Fiction ❯ Raven's Tale ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1
In the end it all goes back to the beginning. I owe an apology to the people I scared and I'm sorry. I'm sorry that for better or for worse I had no control over my own life. I am Raven Snavar and this is my tale…
 
 
I always knew who I was and what I wanted to be since I was very young. I wanted to be a drama major or an actress. For some odd reason I liked being another person for a couple hours in front of a whole bunch of people, but at the end of the day I was myself. Acting may be what got me into this mess in the first place, but I tell you about that later.
In the spring of two years ago, I managed to land the lead role in the school's one act series. I was to be Miss Julie, an insignificant little brat who was so lost she fell for the peasant worker. I knew I had too much in common with the main character, but I didn't let it get to me. I always ignored the strange comments in the back of the room on how I never looked like my family, for their criticism only made me that much tougher on the inside.
The truth is that I don't really know my real parents. My mom says that she knew my mother really well and was her best friend. All she knows is that my mother came running to her one day asking to live with her and she said yes. Then one day my mother just walked out and never came back, leaving me with her friend, Susanna Lopez. Susanna is like a mother to me, and I do call her mom; sometimes it isn't enough.
Other times my family is more then enough to make me fell whole inside. I seem to have a pretty normal family life now though. I have a sister, brother, and a dad too. My sister's name is Esperanza, and she is my age. My brother's name is Ethan, and he just turned 18; soon he'll be a little college boy. I'm going to miss him; as a matter of fact I already do, but let's get back to the story.
In the past few weeks I've had everything going for me. The play was going to start soon and I was so ready. My partners in crime, Gina and Miguel, and I were going to make this play one of Mountain Grove High's best. I had had perfect attendance for the whole semester, my grades were practically perfect, and I had heard that the guy I like may ask me out the night of my play. Everything was too perfect.
As the night of my play came forward I was all but willing to step back. Nothing was going to mess up my 15 minutes of fame and I meant it. I had more confidence about this then anyone and I guess that was my biggest mistake. I had the biggest applause out of anyone in the play, since I was the main character, but for some reason I felt like I was being watched by someone...someone in the dark, watching me, waiting for me, wanting me….
I went back to my dressing room alone for some reason. I didn't want to remain on stage any longer and it as getting really cold for some reason even though the stage lights normally keep me warm. As I walked back that strange feeling stuck with me like a blister that wouldn't go away. The air was really cold and as you pushed the door to my dressing room wind gushed through quickly. I shut the door and stand outside it in astonishment. There was no window in my dressing room and why did that big gush of wind come at me. All I could think about was getting back in and getting my clothes, because I was stuck in a hoop dress that also had to be worn with a corset which was beginning to hurt.
Slowly I walked back into the room and was glad to see nothing. Everything was left as it was. I walked over to the table to get my things and came to a halt. On the top of the table were a dozen black roses and a small box. Carefully I opened the box and found a diamond necklace with matching earrings. Slowly I turn around to see what is behind me and then…
 
 
 
 
 
I was face to face with a strange man dressed in black from head to toe, smiling at me. All I could do was staring as he smiled, and suddenly my mind went blank. I don't remember anything that happened, after that moment. To this day All I can remember is waking up in a strange room and a strange bed that was not my own. The room was gorgeous but I didn't know how I got there. I got up and looked in the mirror only to see myself in and the diamond necklace and earrings on me and in my hair was one of the black roses I had found in the dressing room still not dead.
“Surprised Raven??” a voice said to me from behind. Slowly turned around to see a tall slender man with black hair and honey colored eyes, and once again was smiling. The man from last night was who he was and this was the beginning of my troubles.