Fan Fiction ❯ Raven's Tale ❯ Introductions (Part I) ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2
 
“You can relax Raven. You belong here with u now and you know it,” said the stranger to me. For some unexplainable reason I felt like I knew him though. His honey eyes just kept staring at me with kindness, and then I knew his name…
“Mêlée,” I whispered.
“I see you do have some memory transferred over to you child. You are a chip off the old block, just like your mother.” He stayed there staring at me almost as if he was looking into my very soul. It made my nerves go on edge. Why was I taken here in the first place? I am just an ordinary girl I thought. I just don't know my biological parents but I have a family, I have a life, I have friends.
“You're mind is so full of knowledge and you don' even know it child,” Mêlée stated. He suddenly began shaking his head and staring around the room as if he was now bored. “Do you really want to know why you were brought here child, or do you know it?”
“Yes, I do want to know. What have I done to deserve this crap?”
“Now I think I'm going to have some fun. You know you were boring me there for a bit there,” he said nodding his head. “Obviously you really are their child, since you guessed my name.”
“Who,” I chimed in.
“You mean that bitch of a woman Susanna told you nothing! I thought she told you who your mother was? Do I have a bone to pick with her ass now,” he grumbled. “Anyhow what did the old broad tell you about your parents? I have to know how much you know now.”
“I know nothing,” I screamed. “I was told my mother showed up at her door one day with me in her arms. She said that my mother told her nothing of my father and that one day when I was two she walked out. She didn't leave any of her things.” I was really sad now. This stranger just opened up a topic I hated to discuss. He stayed quiet for a while glancing at me every few minutes,
“I guess,” he stated calmly, “that I have to tell you everything from the beginning, child.”
“I want to know now,” I calmly said.
“Fine, “he started, “If I told you that all the things that people say aren't real most likely are would you believe me?”
“May be,” I responded.
“Well child vampires, fairies, witches, werewolves, etc. they all really do exist.”
“You're nuts,” I said.
“Really,” he said with a smile, “Then look out the window and tell me what you see.” I did what he said and didn't believe what I saw. It was a whole city of people, but they weren't normal citizens. Many had wings and were flying around, some were colors no ordinary human could be such as purple, red, blue, green you name it. It was night out and the moon was full and you at one part of the city a huge tree and fairies were flying to it and people walking to it.
“What is this place?” I had asked him.
“Your real home,” he responded. “This is where you were supposed to grow up, but some creatures such as us can walk among humans. Your mother was a half fairy, and your father a warlock.”
“What happened?”
“Your mother left to what is known as the human domain. She hasn't been seen in many years, your father is dead. He died in a time of war; your mother thought you would be safe with the humans.”
“Am I some type of freak or something? What do you call this place and while I'm at it what are you?” My curiosity was beginning to run into overdrive and I needed the answers quick. Then slowly before he could answer I answered all my own questions. “This is Accretion, and I'm a mixed breed, and you're a vampire!”
 
 
 
 
 
“Why yes I am! Congratulations, you have begun to tap into your memory and powers.”
“You aren't going to hurt me are you? I mean this isn't one of those things where the girl gets kidnapped and a damn vampire or something makes her fall in love with him, and then she is fighting to be with the asshole is it?” I obviously read a little too much of those stories. He began laughing really hard, as though I had said something really funny to him.
“You my child are going to be fun to teach. No I'm not going to hurt you. I promised your father I'd try to find you and bring you back here. I would never lay a finger on you, besides I have my wives and I'm happy.” He began to shake his head as though I had said the funniest joke ever. “Anyways you can't stay with me so I' letting you stay with my niece while she fills you in on your new life.”
“What? I want to go home.”
“Sorry darling, but no. My niece will be here any minute. Good night.” He disappeared out of the room so fast you barely say him move. In ten minutes a knock came to the door, and slowly the door opened, only to see a young girl no older looking then you in yellow dress appear before you. She had the same honey eyes as Mêlée with short black hair and pretty smile.
“I'm Tabitha,” She said, “It's a pleasure to meet you”