Fan Fiction ❯ Raven's Tale ❯ Introductions (Part II) ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3.
 
Tabitha seemed like a nice person to me, but I still didnt trust her or anyone else. She stayed in the doorway staring at me still smiling. It creped me out big time. Finally I broke the silence with, "you know you can come in right?"
 
Of course I did silly, she responded, I thought you were going somewhere being dressed do nicely. I then looked down a realized I was still wearing my costume from the play. All of the sudden someone tapped my shoulder, and it made all my hairs stand on end. "Stop it Derrick," she said.
 
"Oh this is the Charlies' little girl, a male voice said coolly, right?" I turned around to look at this new stranger, He had messy black hair, black eyes, and even dressed from head to toe in black. His skin was pale though. He was smiling at me and then I realized where he was looking, at my chest! I then took my fist up to clock him in the face, but as soon as I lifted my hand to hit him he snatched it. "I can look, but Im not touching so don't worry sweetie," he whispered in my ear.
 
"Will you stop it Derrick," Tabitha said. "Melee told me that nothing should happen to her while Im in charge. Im not getting in trouble with him because of you so let her go!" He seemed to grip me harder with that comment. Then he looked at me and smiled. I wanted to hit him so bad or make him burn, and with my wanting his clothing suddenly caught fire. Fortunately he let me go and moved quickly enough that the flame went out in a matter of seconds.
 
"You are powerful, more then I thought," he commented looking at his burns. "If I were you I would be careful," he stared at Tabitha, "You know Drake would love to get a hold of her, so keep a sharp eye on her."
 
"Oh I will, Tabitha replied, I can do just fine with you keeping me on edge." She then walked over to him, opened her arms for a hug, but then right when he was about to accept, she punched him right in the jaw! Thats for not being polite. "Come on Raven lets go." I followed her and did everything she said.
 
"Whose house is this?" I finally got the courage to ask.
 
"This is your house, but since you weren't here for so long Melee has been watching it for you. It belonged to your parents, but no one knows where your mother is. I think she died. I am Melees niece, if you don't know already."
 
"I don't mean to be rude or anything, but why was I taken here? This has to be some big joke," I finally blurted out.
 
"You know you belong here, Raven, I shall prove it to you." I had no clue how she was going to prove it to me. I may have these weird powers, but I would I know if it was a trick. Maybe they can read my mind, and then the idea came to me. What if I could try to read one of their minds?
 
"I think she may prove you wrong Abby," said a voice from behind me, "the girl has great potential." Derrick was behind me again. With the biggest smirk on his face he moved forward and whispered in my ear, "I hope you know it takes years of practice for one to read a persons mind." All of the sudden he laughed to himself and moved right past you. "Remember what I said Abby."
 
Abby looked like the person that would never hurt a fly, but when I saw her face after that I knew she was much more. On her face she contained a look of anger, determination, and even sadness. "Come on," she said, "We have got things to do."
 
"What things?" I blurted out in a rush.
 
"You will see Raven now come on."
 
Tabitha guided me down the hall to a room full of women, each seeming more alert then the next and eager to see me. They began taking measurements and pulling my hair out and removing my hair as I tried to push them back. All of them were talking amongst each other and no matter what I did they wouldn't stop. Pinches and pulls were coming from all directions and before I knew it…
 
 
 
I was pushed in front of a mirror. I was dressed immaculately in an orange dress with ruffles at the bottom and a hoop and corset underneath. My hair was redone with more volume to it and my eyes sparkled with glitter all over them making swirl as it was off my eye lids.
 
“I told you,” Tabitha smiled, “you belong,” as she grabbed my shoulders. “You look stunning and are so ready for the party. Everybody can't wait to see you again.”
 
“Party!?,” I screamed out loud. “What party are you talking about. No body mentioned anything about this to me!”
 
Tabitha bit her lip and turned around, “You me no body told you? I thought you knew what it meant being the descendent of Selenia the dark angel. I mean you have to show up Raven. It is your duty as a Snavar.” She was in a simple green dress, and looking really sad, her hair was the same strait, but then I noticed something coming from her back. They were wings! Her wings were angelic, yellow, and beautiful they were like nothing I've ever seen.
 
“I'm sorry,” I finally said. “Umm, it's a gorgeous, but you think you got anything black here?” If I wanted to get back home may be I had to play be their rules.
 
“Sure,” she whistled and called one of the women over and whispered in their ear as of what to do. In the blink of eye I was wearing a stunning black dress. “So this should suit your taste. Now come on or will be really late for your appearance.”
 
And then we were off…