Fan Fiction ❯ Raven's Tale ❯ Raven's Tale ~Alex and the ball~ ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4
 
I still don't remember exactly how I got to the ball or dance or whatever it could be called. Somehow I still have the memory of everything that came next….
 
All of the sudden I was in the center of the room and all eyes were on me, unless it was a creature with eyes on the front and back of their head, but never mind that. In the crowd was every type of being imaginable in all shapes sizes and colors. I looked for Tabitha in the crowd but still I couldn't find her among the mass.
 
Suddenly I was approached by Derrick who offered his had out to me with a bow. At first I didn't know what his gesture meant, but then I quickly realized they were waiting on me to begin the dance! I cautiously accepted and the music began as everyone began to move to the center.
 
“So how does it feel to be center stage, Raven?”, Derrick said.
 
“Normally I'd enjoy it, but given I don't know anything about this place. I was confused, and to be honest I still am,” I said. Suddenly I spun around three times and tossed from one side to other landing in his arms.
 
“You okay,” he said laughing. “You will get used to all of this trust me.”
 
“Why should I trust you,” I said. “You have only given me reasons not to trust you.”
 
“True, True, but I was once an outsider too,” he started, “I was not born here as you were. I had to find my place; now all you have to do is take yours.”
 
“Well, what is my place then smart guy,” I replied.
 
“You are a head figure here. Everybody has been waiting to have a Snavar back. You look just like your grandmother you know. Her image and words are everywhere here you know.”
 
“What if I don't want to be a head figure here? I had a life back home, I a family, I had…”
 
“Friends and a life and whatever garbage your going to say you had right,” he said squeezing my hand. “You have no clue of the powers you contain and what you are capable of. People would kill to be you!”
 
“I don't want to be here no matter what. Get it through your head I want out and that's final. I'll play by your rules but remember that every rule has a loop hole,” I said. Then I got away from his grip and walked away. I noticed some drinks over in a corner of the room and decided I might as well help myself. Hen I got over there I saw they had a dark red fluid, and for appetizers some weird food I'd never seen before. I just asked for a drink, but when I brought it to my lips I realized what it was! It was blood!
 
I spit it out right away on the floor and then I was approached by a familiar figure…Melee. He had a woman dressed in red next to him and a few gentlemen as well. “Enjoying the festivities, Raven,” Melee said.
 
I wish I would have told him what I really thought, but last minute changed my mind. “Of course, I just decided to take a break is all,” I said.
 
Then one of the men standing next to him walked forward kissed me on the hand and said, “I'm Alex, would you like a dance with me?” I accepted and decided to see what I could get out of him. He was actually really cute, and had dark brown eyes and black hair, even the piecing on his ear and lip made him look gorgeous. “Don't these people seem so fake,” he began.
 
“I don't know,” I said, “I think they all want to hide something from me.”
 
“Really,” he said loudly, “They seem to want to role out the red carpet for you. I don't know anybody here or if I'm in an afterlife or what? For all I know you could be an angel.” I couldn't help but blush. Why do sexy guys say the right things sometimes?
 
“I don't know why you're saying that. I want out of here. They kidnapped me and are trying to say I belong.”
 
“Well I wasn't kidnapped, I threw myself into the sun, and I woke up here.” He began looking around as he turned me, and when I was back in his arms he said, “Hey you want to get out of this stuffy room?”
 
“Sure, if you answer my question. Why would throw yourself into the sun? I mean why would it affect you?”
 
 
 
“I thought you knew,” he said. “I'm a vampire. Aren't you?”
 
“No. I have no clue what I am. I told you I was kidnapped and suddenly I wake up in a strange room! That man you were with earlier he is the one who brought me here.”
 
“What?” Just then Derrick came up from behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around in a hurry and then had a look of confusion on his face.
 
“Hello Alex,” said Derrick, “Now how has it been since I created you?”