Fan Fiction ❯ Real Super Robo! ❯ Introduction ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Real Super Robo


Disclaimer

I do not own anything in here which is already copyrighted (Gundam, Macross etc). However, the characters and the original mechs in this fic are mine and any resemblence to live people are purely coincidental.

Introduction

For people who don't know. The term Super Robot is used to describe a mech which is mostly one of a kind, although there have been mass produced Super Robots before. Super Robots often has a hot-blooded protaganist piloting it who often yells at the top of his lungs the name of his attack (For example whenever Kouji of Mazinger Z, Mazinkaiser etc uses an attack like let's say "Fire Blaster" he actually yells "FIIIRREEEEE BLAASSSSTAAA!") Speaking of attacks Super Robots often has an incredibly powerful attack to finish of an enemy, a finishing move. This varies from an extra powerful beam, a super charged weapon slash, a mega rocket punch etc. And finally, Super Robots in most cases are unbelievbly tough. They can literally take a great deal of punishment from enemies whist producing some brutal attacks of their own. In fact some of the most powerful Super Robots are capable of wiping out planets and galaxies with incredible ease! Super Robots includes the likes of Mazinger Z, Getta Robo, Gunbuster, GaoGaiGar etc

The term Real Robot are used for mechs which are more scientific and technological. They are mostly seen as weapons used by millitary personnel and are often mass produced. They are not all powerful machines and most of the time the reason why these mechs perform so well during their shows is because they have incredibly skilled pilots driving them. Instead of over the top attacks or incredible armours (most real robots gets destroyed quite easily actually) they most uses weapons like machine guns, missiles, beam sabers, etc and uses their quick agility to dodge enemy attacks. The most famous of these Real Robots are the mechs from the Gundam series. The mechs from the Macross series is another example of a Real Robot.

This story, inspired by watching quite few real and super robots as well as playing the Super Robot Wars series is to unite these two mechs for one explosive story.....

Synopsis

The year is 2020. Technology is becoming more and more advanced. The militaries of the world are now on the verge of creating the very first human piloted Techno Weapon, robots that are as tall as buildings, and utilises humanoid like mech sized version of humanoid weapons like the machine gun. And also space technology had also advanced and already colonisation on Mars. But none of that is important to a 9 nine year old boy and his 10 year old best friend. Evan Mitsuhide and his best friend Jin Ogata loves nothing more than spending time playing video games together. They had been close friends for 4 years but both have different dreams for the future. However one fateful day, Jin and his family were required to move away due to the fact that Jin's father, who is a technician for the Japanese military had to relocate to another military base to continue his work. Incredibly saddened by this sudden event, Evan and Jin had no choice but to part ways but not before promising that they would see each other again.

10 Years Later

A nightmare is beginning. In the year 2019, one year earlier, a mysterious asteroid suddenly appeared and crashed into the Mars colonisation, killing all the people there. Everyone assumed that this was a one off tragedy but the worse was yet to come. The asteroid was no ordinary space rock as soon mysterious creatures appeared on Mars and scientists on Earth managed to send a probe to Mars and get a recording of these creatures. To their horror, they learnt that these creatures, calling themselves the Betrayed are preparing for an assault on the Earth, swearing "Vengeance for 7000 years of misery!" A war unlike any other seems inevitible as all negotiations by the World Leaders, who, like the rest of the world have no idea why these "Betrayed" hold a grudge against Earth, were ignored by the aliens. The millitaries of the world are getting prepared for the battle that is sure to come. Fortunatly, the Techno Weapons by this time has finally been perfected and the very first of these TWs ( the 001-Wywern) are being secretly kept within military bases until the time comes when they need to be released. Then one day the Betrayed finally invades. Appearing as winged demons the size of buildings they begin their attack on Earth. During an attack in Japan, the aliens found that they themselves were under attack when the Techno Weapons finally appear to repel the invaders. This group of robots were piloted by the first group of people who have been trained to pilot the TWs ever since they first began production. They are the 1st Dragon Team, led by Lt Jin Ogata, now 20 years old, piloting his customised TW, the Moon Wywern. Meanwhile, miles away, 19 year old Evan Mitsuhide, who is on a field trip with his University class to see the mountains when suddenly the aliens begun their invasion nearby. Whilst the others run to safety, Evan sensed something calling him with the mountains. Feeling compelled to follow the voice, Evan went deeper into the forest of the mountain. Suddenly he stumbled into a cave which suddenly opened up before him. Inside the voice grows louder until Evan finds a small bracelet just lying in the cave. Upon touching it, Evan finds himself in another dimension where he meets and old man who tells him that a great evil has come back to invade Earth and begs Evan to help save it. He than tells Evan that the bracelet is used to summon the Great Atlatius. When Evan returns to reality he finds that the bracelet is already on his arm and is glowing. When he touches it again he sees the Betrayed destroying more buildings and killing more people. Evan decides that he can't just do nothing and, learning from the old man what to do, presses a button on the bracelet and yells, "ATLATIUS! AWAKEN!" Suddenly the mountain begins to rumbles and Evan finds himself encased in a caccoon which changes shape to take form of a mech cockpit. Then more machine parts comes out and joins with the cockpit until it becomes more of a humanoid mech and out of the sky, a cape flies down with then attaches to the back of the mech, completing the transformation, the Great Super Robot Atlatius has awoken! Using the power of elements (each limb of Atlatius represents a different element), Evan quickly dispatches the Betrayed just as Jin in his Moon Wywern arrives on the scene. After a brief misunderstanding, in which both men fought the other was an alien invader, the best friends were once again reunited. Jin afterwards wants Evan to join with him in the military but Evan, who never really did like the army declines, instead saying that if Jin needs help, he'll be there and he hopes for vice versa too and Evan leaves with his new robot and new responsibility. Now, two friends, once seperated but now reunited pilots different machines to save the world from impending doom...

The two main characters

Evan Mitsuhide
Half British, half Japanese. This tenacious kid is always energetic and although he sometimes gets into trouble, he has a good heart and will always try to help someone in trouble. Spent most of his childhood playing games with his best friend Jin Ogata. He was extremly sad when he learnt that Jin needs to relocate and had wanted to persuade him not to leave but because of a certain promise they made to each other, he didn't. The promise was to help the other acheive their dream. Evan knows that Jin's dream was to become a brave soldier in the military and seeing as how Jin's dad was a technician in the military, Jin would have a great chance to become a great officer one day. Now 19, Evan finds himself reunited with his best friend and is happy to see that he has acheived his dream. Now he longs to acheive his own childhood dream. To be, a superhero! Evan looks like an oridnary kid in the streets. His spiky brown hair is covered by a purple cap he often wears. Has a heart tattoo on his right arm. Often wears jeans and red t-shirt. When he's in Atlatius, his attire changes. He then has a silver battle armour which encases his torso and a battle helmut fits on his head.

Jin Ogata
Like Evan, Jin was also very energetic as a kid and has a good heart. However, he was more of a realist and whilst he made a promised with Evan about helping him become a super hero, there was a part of him who thought Evan's dream was dumb although he never let Evan know this of course. Now 20, he's acheived his dream of becoming a solider and becomes a Liutenant and a pilot for the robot which his father designed. He was very happy to see Evan again after their encounter but feels sad when he declined his invitation to join the millitary. Nonetheless, the two will cross paths every now and then during the battle against the Betrayed. His long green hair reaches his shoulders and has clear blue eyes which earns him the attention of quite a few female personnels in the millitary. When not in uniform he wears a blue shirt and black trousers. In the Moon Wywern, he wears a pilot uniform and a helmut with a visor around the eye area.



Converting /tmp/phpRR6pTr to /dev/stdout