Fan Fiction ❯ Red X, in...Punked ❯ Epilogues ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I would just copy and paste one of my old ones, but it wouldn't really do this part justice. To start with, I don't own any of the characters, though some of the bad jokes could be mine. And instead of repeating myself like I have the last three chapters, this time I wanted to say thank you to all the people who read it, and hopefully I get some reviews, so I can maybe fix up some problems in my writing style.
 
A/N: This chapter is merely a more fitting conclusion to the story I started telling. Also, I may update the prologue to include Raven, if anyone thinks I should. If so, tell me that.
 
 

~The Epilogues~
 
 
It had taken the police sometime, but after everything at the museum had been straightened out, and an inventory taken by the staff, that the jewels had been discovered missing, with Red X as the obvious thief, even going as far as to flaunt it in his little note. All of the Titans were assembled and poking through the rubble, and occasionally freeing trapped civilians. X's last move had caused a few buildings to start caving in.
 
Robin, meanwhile, had been going over the first floor, and was wearing a sour look on his face as he picked up one of the missing gems, palming it and growling a little. He turned after a moment, and saw Raven behind him. “So, you're sure it was him?”
 
“Well, if it wasn't, then I need glasses,” came the slightly flippant reply as she looked down at him with her head tilted to one side, her expressionless eyes taking in the giant mess. Robin just shook his head, then set the gem aside, and crossed his arms over his chest.
 
“And it's too much to hope someone saw his real face, or anything that would actually be useful, other than that he had a backpack with him….”
 
Raven blinked at that, suddenly remembering something….
 
As she was floating over the crowd, a young man was wearing the exact same backpack as X….and was walking away through the crowd, and he seemed amused at the time.
 
“Huh….I think I saw him without his costume, but…..I didn't get a good look….” She shrugged finally, at the unspoken question, and looked down at the floor, feeling a little like she'd be slapped across the face. `I guess I should've realized that sooner instead of later….' She added to herself, sighing softly and walking outside, careful to avoid the shards of glass that remained littered on the floor.
 
She looked up at the sky, and sighed a little again. `Well, there's always tomorrow….'
 
 
******
 
 
Half the city away, near the outskirts, a rather questionable fence was meeting with a masked man about some gems.
 
Red X had his hands crossed over his chest, and the gems inside a slim briefcase he'd picked up for this sole purpose, and he was staring down the man before, who had messy dark hair, a pale complexion, and a pair of small glasses that seemed to be a little too small for his head, with the way the legs were pulled apart at the sides.
 
“Well, I think I can do business with you, Mr…?” the fence started, looking one of the larger ones over with a small, slightly nervous smile, before setting it back down in the case and closing it, setting it back down on the hood of his small silver-painted car.
 
“Just X, thank you…..” the thief replied, arms still crossed, and nodded slightly. “And when can I expect my money?”
 
The fence made a face, like someone who'd been insulted, and replied curtly, “When the jewels are ready for sale. Right now they're still hot, and I don't want the cops, federals, or the Teen Titans down on my backside. Maybe after a month or two at the most, then you subtract my fee, and there you go….you'll have your money, and I'll have mine….the way I see it, we both win here….” The man pulled his slightly-worn leather jacket close, and nodded, that small smile coming back to his face. “Is that…satisfactory enough for you, X?”
 
The masked boy nodded, uncrossing his arms long enough to offer one of his hands to the fence, who reached out and shook it, before taking the case and gently putting it inside the passenger side of his car, sliding it under the seat with practiced ease. “Yeah…just make sure you don't try to rip me off or anything….”
 
“Please, I'm not that stupid. My reputation is how I make my livelihood, and if I go back on it, I'll loose business, and even more money than I could ever cheat out of you…” He did his jacket up to the collar, and blew on his hands, rubbing them together to get some warmth going through them. “You have my number….you can reach me there at any time, day or night, and on the holidays and weekends…” he added this last part as he closed the passenger door, and opened the driver side one, climbing in slowly. Red X simply nodded, and hit the teleporter switch, and started making his way back into the city as fast as he could.
 
He still had classes to get to in the morning.
 
 
******
 
 
And as for Punk Rocket, he was carted off to jail, bits of gel stuck into his hair and clothing, and a very sour look on his face. His parole was revoked as a consequence, as were any chances of getting out in the next year or two, thanks to the massive amount of property damage he'd been a party to.
 
As he sat in the prison bus, listening to that classical music again, he simply gritted his teeth and started plotting his revenge, almost to the point that his eyes crossed when the thought of both the Titans, and the mysterious thief Red X.
 
“Bloody `ell…” he mused to himself, banging his head against the back of the seat in front of him. “This is just daft…..” he added, still banging his head loudly.
 
 
 
~Finish~