Fan Fiction ❯ Reflection ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own Star Trek: The Next Generation or "With You" by Linkin Park. Reviews are welcome, flames mean more s'mores!!!!
 
Come on
I woke up in a dream today
To the cold and the static
And I put my cold feet on the floor
Forgot all about yesterday
Remembering I'm pretending to be where I'm not anymore
A little taste of hipocrisy
And I'm left in the wake of the mistake
Slow to react
Even though you're so close to me
You're still so distant
And I can't bring you back
 
My God... Why did I let this happen? How could I? Egypt... My beautiful daughter... I should have been the one on that mission, not you. I should made you go back to France, who knows, maybe if I had, you'd still be alive...
 
It's true
The way I feel
Was promised by your face
The sound of your voice
Painted on my memories
Even if you're not with me
 
I can't believe I lost you Egypt. After your mother died you were all I had left. Now that you're gone, you haunt every bit of my memories. I see you riding your horse through the vineyards, climbing the different trees, and... I still remember your voice, how you would laugh and cry. Oh Egypt, my beautiful Egypt.
 
I'm with you
You, now I see
Keeping everything inside
With you
You, now I see
Even when I close my eyes
With you
You, now I see
Keeping everything inside
With you
You, now I see
Even when I close my eyes
 
Everyone here on the Enterprise thinks of me as the one who dislikes children, they have no idea. They are some of the best people I've ever worked with. Sometimes, they make me forget about everything, but whenever I close my eyes, I think about you Egypt. You were my only daughter, I loved you. No one knows you ever existed. They all would be shocked to find out the truth. To think, Captain Jean-Luc Picard having a child. I was never legally married, but I had you.
Even though you're gone, I still see you everywhere. In ten-forward, on the bridge, in my quarters, everywhere I go I see your shining face. It kills me inside that you're gone.
 
I hit you and you hit me back
We fall to the floor
The rest of the day stands still
Fine line between this and that
But when things go wrong
I pretend that the past isn't real
I'm trapped in this memory
And I'm left in the wake of the mistake
Slow to react
Even though you're so close to me
You're still so distant
And I can't bring you back
 
I know we had our quarrels, all parents and their children do. I've seen Beverly and Wesley fight. How I envy her. She still has her child, even though her husband is gone. I don't.
It's all my fault that you are dead. I never should have put you on that ship back to Earth. I should have known that the Romulans were going to attack it. They were trying to provoke the Federation into war. It didn't succeed.
When I got the news I couldn't believe it. You and I were so close; it was hard when we were apart. Now you're gone forever and it is all my fault.
 
It's true
The way I feel
Was promised by your face
The sound of your voice
Painted on my memories
Even if you're not with me
 
I'm with you
You, now I see
Keeping everything inside
With you
You, now I see
Even when I close my eyes
With you
You, now I see
Keeping everything inside
With you
You, now I see
Even when I close my eyes
 
Egypt, I know you're dead, but you're face keeps haunting me. I know it's my fault you died. I've had many die under my command, and yet you are different. You are my daughter. You would have turned twenty-three last week. How I've missed sending you things from the ship, getting things from you. I have missed riding with you in the vineyards, seeing your happy face as we gallop through the trees. Your face still haunts my dreams. I haven't been able to get you out of my dreams. I've never shared any of this with anyone. I know I should, but I'm afraid I'll never see your face again.
 
No, I won't let you control my fate
While I'm holding the weight of the world on my conscience
No, I won't just sit here and wait
While you weighing the options
You're making a fool of me
No, you don't dare to say that you don't care
And solemnly swear not to follow me there
No, it ain't like me to beg on my knees
Oh, please, oh, baby, please
That's not how I'm doing things
No, I'm not upset
No, I'm not angry
I know love is love,
Love and sometimes it pains me
With or without you
I'll always be with you
You'll never forget me
I'm keeping you with me
No, I won't let you take me to the end of my rope
While you burn it and torture my soul
No, I'm not your puppet
And, no, no, no, I won't let you go
 
I'm sick of this place, it is a dump. I've been on this planet for six years and life hasn't gotten much better. Those damn Romulons shot down our ship and now the entire galaxy thinks we're dead. Well, that's partially true. Only twenty of ninety people survived the landing, and now only ten of us are left. These past six years have been rough; the natives to this planet are humanoids that are in the middle of a civil war. The other ten that survived the landing were killed in the crossfire.
I was lucky enough to be able to befriend a couple, but their leader is driving me mad. He wants me to be his puppet, someone he can call on for advice on weapons and other stuff. I know my dad is Star Fleet, but still, I'm not that smart.
Now he's trying to keep me for his side and putting the fate of the war on me. Now he's weighing the options or at least trying, while I wait, holding everything. I'm not going to beg, but I'm getting out. I want to get off of this damn planet.
I miss Dad; I haven't seen him since he put me on the transport ship. I don't blame him for putting me on it, the planet where I was staying was dangerous and he was trying to protect me. Even though we're so far apart, he's still here with me. He'll always be with me. I can't forget him, and I know he can't forget me. Everything here is making me sick. Daddy, I want to go home.
 
No, no matter how far we've come
I can't wait to see tomorrow
No matter how far we've come, I
I can't wait to see tomorrow
 
With you
You, now I see
Keeping everything inside
With you
You, now I see
Even when I close my eyes
With you
You, now I see
Keeping everything inside
With you
You, now I see
Even when I close my eyes
 
Egypt, how I miss you.
 
Daddy, please find me.
 
They never found your body....
 
Please rescue us.
 
I can only pray that one day we do.
 
Daddy I miss you.
 
I love you Egypt.
 
I love you Daddy.
 
 
Author's Note: I might do a story to go with it. I really want to... But I won't promise anything. More reviews will make it more likely that I will actually do it. (Hint, Hint)