Fan Fiction ❯ Revival: DNA ❯ Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Revival: DNA

By: Airi-chan

A dark haired girl ran through halls of the building she was trying to escape from. She had gotten to the ground level and could her the guard's footsteps behind her, She pulled the trigger on her gun, but no bullets shot out.

"Damnit! Why does this always happen!?!" She took a grenade out of the deep pocket in the side of her khakis noticing the guards were close enough to throw it at them. She pulled the pin and threw it as hard as she could at the guards, making sure to duck as soon as it left her hand, then making a run for it as soon as some of the dust cleared.

As it cleared away, the girl could finally see the door, the one opening to freedom out of this place that didn't involve jumping out of a nearby window (which she noted, would've been easier). She made a dead run for it only to be stopped a few inches away from freedom by a scientist.

"You know you can never out run us. Why try? We'll always be watching you." His cold eyes widened and met her steel gray ones. She removed the combat knife from his stomach and allowed the man's body to fall limply to the floor. She watched it for a few seconds making sure he couldn't yell for any guards that were left to come after her and then ran out the door.

Once outside of the lab she noticed the atmosphere of everything changed. Instead of being dark and dreary, the streets were full of activity and happiness. Unlike anything she could remember from being in the lab or even the war she was in. She stopped in mid-thought.

…The war… She tried to remember it but it was a faint memory. She shrugged the thought off and continued walking down the streets looking at various things of different cultures. She finally found one things that caught her personal interest; a music box. She had to admit the haunting melody it played intrigued her… Or at least it would of if she hadn't met the barrel of a gun when she looked up.

"Shoori Chaos, I suggest you don't move if you want to stay alive."

~end

A/N: I apologize for yet another bad chapter of writing.

Comments? Creative criticism? I'd love to hear from

The people that read this! ^__^