Fan Fiction ❯ Runaway ❯ A Mother's Love ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No, I do not own the legend of Zelda or any other copyrighted things that I may happen to use. A lot of these characters are my own, and I would appreciate it if no one used them.
 
 
Prologue: A Mother's Love
 
 
“Sela, hurry!”
“I'm coming, I'm coming.”
 
Two cloaked figures ran breathlessly in the pitch-black night.
 
“Hold on, Tam Lin. You can run faster than I,” the Seer said to her companion. She stopped running abruptly. “Right here.”
 
Tam Lin was trembling, and the bundle she was holding shifted slightly. Sela threw back the hood of her cloak, and raised her hands. She muttered a spell under her breath, summoning a portal to the mortal world.
 
“Well,” she said, “it's time, Tam Lin. Are you ready or not?”
“I'm fine! But will she be?” She gestured to the bundle.
“Much safer than if she stays here! It was your idea to separate them, anyway. You've got let go right now, Tam Lin, because this is the only chance we're ever going to have if you want to save them.”
Tam Lin embraced the bundle briefly, then handed it to Sela. Tears dripped down her cheeks. “Take care, my love,” she whispered.
“I'll put her where someone will surely find her,” the Seer assured. “This is for the best, and you know it.” She jumped into the portal, and about 15 minutes later she reappeared.
”Come, Tam Lin. Let's get out of here.” Sela cast another portal, and they disappeared.