Fan Fiction ❯ Scrolls of AzKonaMage: Xianghua ❯ The Appearance of AzKon ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

Xianghua walks down the church isle. She imagined herself in a white gown, a veil over her face and holding a colorful bouquet of flowers. The seats are filled with people. Everyone is here, her mother, her friends…. the emperor. The Emperor? Married in church? This makes no sense! (She's Chinese, and the Chinese people aren't Christian.)

Then reality returned to her. She was indeed in a church, or what used to be a church. This place is ruined. Memory then returns to Xianghua. She remembers now what she was doing here. She just delivered the killing blow to a flaming…thing. The most suiting name for it would be Inferno. Soul Calibur is here. It should be lying by her right arm. She was only taking a moment's rest. The sword has been recov..er…ed…IT'S MISSING!

Fully awake in an instant, she looks maniacally for her family heirloom.

"What's the matter?" she heard a voice say, "You look distressed."

"Who the hell are you?"

"You can call me AzKon, or even Az for short… as if it needs to be shorter."

"Why are you here?"

"Why can't I be here?"

"Because…." Xianghua thought for a moment. There was no reason why he shouldn't be here. However, there is no reason why he should be either. So he must have some purpose here. Of course! Soul Calibur and Soul Edge!

"Where is Soul Calibur!?" demanded the panicked woman.

"Em…what?"

"A sword! A strange looking sword!"

The man looked completely lost. It was just now that Xianghua noticed the man looked Asian, possibly Chinese. The Emperor…one of his messengers? Or perhaps additional warriors to find the cursed `Hero's Sword.'

"Did the Emperor send you?"

"The Emperor? What Emperor?" as Az was now completely bewildered. Then he makes the connection. "Oh! The Emperor of China! No, of course not."

"Who are you?"
"Didn't I just tell you?"

"You told me your name. Sometimes names don't mean much."

"You know, it's very interesting how two Chinese people are communicating in English. Especially in the middle of Germany. Your English is unbelievably good by the way."

So this man was indeed Chinese.

"Traveling can teach a lot. You still didn't answer my question."

"I'm just traveling like you I guess."

"Trave….Hey! How did you know I was Chinese?"

"Your clothing looked like Chinese handiwork and you look Asian, so I took a wild guess. I guess I was right."