Fan Fiction ❯ Scrolls of AzKonaMage: Xianghua ❯ Many Questions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

AzKon, the name sounds quite outlandish. Something's funny about the name.
"You're lying; AzKon's not your real name. The name isn't Chinese."

"You're quite a shrewd one aren't you? It's not my real name but it's one I prefer to go by."

"So…uuhhm…will you tell me who you are?"

"Just your daily traveler, out to see the world. What brings you to Germany?"

She thought for a second. She should keep Soul Calibur and Soul Edge a secret for now.

"I'm out on imperial business."

"That explains the `did the emperor send you?' thing. By the way, you never told me your name."

"My name is Chai Xianghua. Some people simply call me `X' because they can't pronounce my name."

"So…what was this `Soul Calibur' business?"

That question was rather direct.

"Family heirloom. I lost it years ago, I'm looking for it."

"Well, I guess you found it, then lost it?"

"It was right here by my side…did you take it?"

"If I did take it, why would I tell you?"

Xianghua stared at the man.

"Woah woah…calm down. I was just kidding. I didn't take it Xianghua."

`Just kidding'? That was rather odd.

"Besides, I don't need anymore weapons than I already have. An extra sword would just burden me."

He obviously didn't know nor cared about the power of Soul Calibur.

"You never told me why you are here. Actually, you kind of refused to tell me."

"I'm a curious man. I travel because I want to know stuff. The locals told me about this place. They said it was a place where a great evil was sealed. I came to look around."

The locals were referring to Soul Edge.

"You came here just out of curiosity? "

"Yeah. Why are you here Xianghua? This place isn't much of a shelter since it does not have a roof."

"Uhh…"

"You don't have to tell me. Some knowledge was meant to be secret."

That was rather considerate of him.

Xianghua looked around. The church was gloomy as always. There was some scorch marks that got there somehow. And there is the window that Kilik broke while trying to knock out Xianghua. Kilik…where'd he go?

"Az, did you see a man around here? He was wearing a red coat and carried a red staff."

"Oh, he was over there behind the wall staring at the setting sun. I think he left hours ago."