Fan Fiction ❯ Scrolls of AzKonaMage: Xianghua ❯ Appearance of the Mysterious Mages ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

Screeech…BOOM.

"What the..???!!" screamed Xianghua.

"Crap! I thought I lost them!"

"Lost who??"

"Mages, they're after me!"

"Why??"

"I took something they want. But they can never have it!"

"What?"

Before the question could be answered, another missile crashed into the ground. This time the blast was close enough to shatter all the remaining windows.

"Ack…The guiding missile found its mark. They're going to rain magic missiles on us! RUN!"

Without another word, they both took off.

"This way!" said Az.

They jumped out one of the windows just before a legion of blue missiles crashed into the ruins of the church. However, the ground was missing. It was a long way down and nothing to break the fall. Xianghua screamed.
"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

"Levitation!"

In an instant they slowed down. After a few seconds they slowly touched down on the damp grass.

"What the hell was that?"

"The more you know, the easier it will be. Sometimes a little magic can go a long way….literally…"

"You're a mage?"

"Self-taught. Traveling is a dangerous business sometimes you know. Especially when people are chasing after you."

Xianghua wondered in awe. She never met a mage before.

"I think we should run…I think I see more of those blue things in the sky…"

"Oh crap…stop talking START RUNNING!"

So they ran again.

"I…think…we..should…get…some..horses.." an out of breath Xianghua said. "Might…be..better…to..save..our..stamina…to..fight… later.."

"Horses….that..might..help…" Az said, also out of breath. "We..jump..off..this…cliff…"

"I'm..not..comfertable…with…cliff…divi… …AAAAAAAAHHHH!"

They jumped before she finished her sentence.

"Levitation!"

They landed softly on the hard rock. The local stables are just ahead.