Fan Fiction ❯ Scrolls of AzKonaMage: Xianghua ❯ Run! Run! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

They made a beeline to the stables. Az stopped to look back and seemed to be frustrated by what he saw. Xianghua looked back to see why. People in black and purple robes followed them. They didn't quite seem to be running. They looked more like they're floating and…blinking?

"Damn these mages. We can't outrun them if they keep using Teleport." Az said while catching his breath. "We gotta get those horses fast."

Xianghua was almost overwhelmed by this New World of magic. That is, almost. The events of Soul Edge were enough to harden her against the strange and unusual. Xianghua now remembers something important.

"I left my sword at the church!"

"No time to worry about that, they're gaining on us!"

"Yaah!!"

They continued to the stables. Something so close seems so far away. At this moment, a blue streak flew past her head.

"Crap! We're in their missile range!"

"Let's run faster then!"

"Too late!"

In the blink of an eye, two robed men (or women?) appeared in front of them. Their faces were masked by shadow from their hoods. One of them spoke, the direction of the sound indicated the left one.

"Give it to us now War-Zero and we won't do anything too cruel to you."

"What are you nuts?" Az replied, "I'm not giving this to you people!".

"What?" it was Xianghua's turn to be confused, "What are they talking about?"

"Now is not the time to explain. Run off the path!"

The couple attempted to do so, but was soon cut off by 4 more mages appearing on either side. Another 2 mages then cut off the way back. They were boxed in.

"Surrender now and you'll be treated as prisoners. If you attempt to resist we may have to restrain you. If the matter gets too out of hand we might even have to kill you and your pretty girlfriend."

"First things first," said Az, "She's not my girlfriend. Even though I wouldn't mind it if she was."

As AzKon smirked, Xianghua gave him a distasteful look

"Second, I think she'd rather die than go being your prisoner. Provided I tell her what it's like."

"So be it then" answered the Mage, "RESTRAIN THEM!"