Fan Fiction ❯ Scrolls of AzKonaMage: Xianghua ❯ No Choice...Time to Fight ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

The couple was surrounded. Xianghua examined the situation. Eight versus Two, Four mages for each of them. Not exactly good odds.

"Any bright ideas?" asked Xianghua, "You've gotten out of a mess like this before right?"

"Well, similar situations…" Az said, "The mages have a weakness. If you engage them in melee combat, they won't be able to cast any spells."

"You have any weapons?" inquired the Chinese woman, "I left mine at the church, remember?"

"Use this." Az handed her a Chinese sword, not too different than the one she used before. Xianghua saw some of the mages wave their hands strangely. They must be casting a spell. She has to interrupt them.

Xianghua ran up to a random mage and aimed a stab to the chest. She hoped it was too distracted to dodge. She was wrong, the mage stepped swiftly aside. However the attack had accomplished its other purpose. The mage unfortunately paid too much attention to saving its own skin. When it stepped aside, it ran into the other mages, causing a chain reaction of disruption.

"Try and cast a spell now!" yelled Xianghua.

She looked in Az's direction to see how he was doing. It seems like he's engaged in combat with a mage. The mage pulled out a rapier while Az fashioned a Katana. Where'd he learn to use a Samurai Weapon? Right, `Traveling can teach a lot.'

At the moment she wasn't looking, a mage tried to stab her with a rapier of its own. She looked just in time to parry the attack. The mage was open. Xianghua aimed a counter attack right at his throat. She felt contact and heard the sound of slicing. She had accomplished her task, now to the other mages.

"Kiyaah!!"

Xianghua heard the sound of slicing behind her. Seems like Az took down another mage. There are six left, if she can engage them in one on one combat, she'll win this battle easily. Time to be proven wrong again. Two mages charged at her as they tried to flank her with scimitars.

"WHOA!" yelled Xianghua as she bent backward trying to avoid the attack. She was now on her back and not in the best fighting stance ever. A third mage charged at her in an attempt to stab with a rapier. Xianghua parried it over her head and swiftly kicked it in the gut. That mage bent over, subdued by pain. It'll be harmless for now, she'll come back as soon as the other two are dispatched.

Speaking of the two, they come back to flank her again. This time she won't be caught off guard. She stepped to the side and pointed her sword forward. The left mage unfortunately could not stop itself as it ran straight into Xianghua's blade. Two down, two to go. The remaining mage went into a ready stance. One on one combat, no opportunities to kill it save for the ones she could create.