Fan Fiction ❯ Scrolls of AzKonaMage: Xianghua ❯ Only a few left... ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

This seems to be a standoff, neither one of them would move until the other did something.

"Screw it." Xianghua said to herself.

She rushed at the mage in what seemed to be a blind charge. The mage tried to take advantage of this and stepped to the side. It had hoped she would run straight into its blade. This was a sort of revenge for its partner. The mage had miscalculated because Xianghua wasn't stupid. In fact, the mage had been deceived.

Xianghua stopped right in front of the mage's scimitar and delivered a horizontal slash right into the mage's face. It would have been its neck, but this one was oddly short. Xianghua had hoped that finished it, but at contact it felt as if she hit wood.

Thwack!

The mask was torn off this mage's face. Its face was still shrouded by the hood's shadow but its mask is gone. Xianghua didn't see much but she saw enough of the face to know it was a woman…or even a girl. The girl quickly ran away into the woods. Perhaps this adversary was too much. Xianghua looked triumphant.

Hearing the groans behind her reminded her that she wasn't finished yet.

"Two down, one gone, and one groaning in pain." Smiled Xianghua, "Hmm, any trouble over there Az?"

"No, they ran away."

"Well, if you have any questions to ask, I still have one alive over here."

"I know everything I need to."

"Well, these guys were rather easy. Why were we running from them?"

"These seem to be novice hunters. They made the mistake of coming up close to us. Their weapons skills are okay at best."

"Uh huh…"

"Well I can't stay here for long. They're going to alert the most experienced hunters to go after me."

"Right, now what the hell am I going to do?"

"Go do your own thing?"

"Well, I'm going back to the church, or what remains of the remains. I have to find my sword."

The word "sword" was really supposed to be "swords" but she decided to hide the matter of Soul Calibur. Xianghua handed back Az's sword.

"What are we going to do with this one?" asked Xianghua as she nudged the remaining mage still alive, still groaning in pain.

"Ah, just leave it be. It'll find its way home sooner or later. I'm a little uncomfortable calling the mages `its,' but since we can't tell their gender, I guess we have to."

"Ugh…I'm a her since you're stupid enough not to be able to tell by my voice." The mage on the ground suddenly proclaimed.