Fan Fiction ❯ Shapeshifting Pride ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Feith: hello, this is my first published fic, so I would love to see lots of reviews on it. I would also like to say that this is all mine, there are just lots of references to things like Inu-yasha and Yu Yu Hakusho. Don't search for them, I will probably point them out. Enjoy!

~*~

Victory. A man emitting an aura of dominance sits upon a golden throne. While sinister always describes him, there remains an expression of concern for someone else permanently written all over his face. Graceful, ivory pillars reaching to embrace a darkened ceiling bring out the few gray hairs that grow in a sea of black in the firelight. Stubborn, green eyes contradict the expression of concern by screaming out anger and annoyance. The man gestures towards a young ominous-looking human. "This shall be your husband." His voice automatically dismisses any arguments with its firmness. Defeat supersedes as victory recedes.

Sickening pleasure. The ominous-looking human's face wears a smirk of complete victory. Lust gleams in his auburn eyes. Sweat trickles out of his gorgeous brown hair only to be caught by a deliciously red tongue as it flows down a deceivingly delicate face. The pleasure sickens further.

Pain; immense pain. In a world of utter darkness, a voice filled with the pain screams, "Damn you to all hells, Lifo!" Bitter hatred dulls the pain.

Fear for someone else. A child bundled up in blankets falls into a river while he sleeps. Wolves that smell of decaying flesh gather around a cloaked figure, growling with the hunger of a starved, overworked human. A dangerously beautiful man smirks just as the ominous-looking human did. He reaches for the cloaked figure...

Seyr wakes up in a pool of sweat from a horrible nightmare, the surprise and anguish clearly written all over her young face. Her red hair showed signs of tossing and turning, while her green eyes revealed uncanny alertness. She slowly but not reluctantly got out of bed and walked to her window. Opening her window, Seyr breathed in the cool night air as she pondered her dream.

`It's the same dream every night. Ever since I saw that partial lunar eclipse and grew that demon tail. Why, oh why does it feel so real? Why do I feel as though it's something important, like a part of my identity? I should probably tell Yako about it; he might be able to say exactly what I need to hear.'

Looking at the full moon, Seyr started to relax. `Yeah, that's exactly what I'll do; tell Yako at our date tomorrow.' The scent of lavender floated through the night air under Seyr's nose. Finally relaxed, Seyr got back in bed.

~*~

Feith: Whew! That exhausted my fingers. Well, the next chapter is gonna be longer, so hold on my poor widdle fingers, you'll survive. Sorry, no YYH or IY references here.