Fan Fiction ❯ Shousha No Yume ❯ Rescue Me- A Godless World ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
'So many tears falling from a splendid sky. Emotions run by the bucketfull. Emotions that are not limited by our ridiculous human laws. As the many tears dot my face I try to adapt myself to this new world. A world that I did not choose to live in.

Rain is as necessary for life as the jobs we are given at birth. But the rain is not told how to do its job. Its path is set from the moment of its existance. Its true purpose is not something to put on paper and file. I envy the rain.

Every raindrop was an enigma, each with its own little world sealed away within the watery exterior. Nothing was as it seemed because anything could happen within. Anything was possible in the world of emotion and irrational thought. And how I wish to wipe away those emotions, nothing left but logic. To make things simple again.

Please, let me wake up.

Please, let me wake up.

I beg of you. Let me wake up.

I want the life of a raindrop. Though it holds a universe it lives a life of simplicity. Nothing to put a stop to its journey from the heavens. The clouds clear away and the raindrop is reduced to mere gas in the air, but it gets a second chance. And a third.

Endless is the life... The life of a raindrop.

Please, let me wake up.'

Though seventeen-year-old Shousha Tabane had long since conceived that she could not return to the outer world at the moment, but what she hated most about this abyss is that the silence gave her time to think. Anything could happen at any moment. Every morning-- Though she was never sure when morning was -- she woke up in a different area of her new world. When she would so much as sit down there was no telling what would happen next. The solid spot where she stood or sat or slept would collapse beneath her at times and she would let the laws of the world carry her wherever they wished.

At first she was convinced she was dead. And the gods were punishing her in this alternate universe for all her wrong doings. She was not allowed to die, though she had tried several times. She tried starving herself (though she could find no food anyway), beating herself, and many other methods of speeding up one's expiration, but to no avail. One day she had tried tearing herself apart, but she would not bleed to death.

She simply lay, concious, healing naturally. What a devastating place it was. Shousha longed for nothing more than death, quick, slow, sudden, or painful. A rescuer. Or freedom from her thoughts.

How she wished she could not think. Every moment of her life in this abyss she spent what was left of her mind on concepts such as family and friends missing her in the world she longed for. But she could not remember a family or friends. She could not remember who she was. For all she knew, she deserved to live in this world.

'Let me escape, for I know with all my heart I do not deserve to be here. Allow me to leave. I beg of you.'

She knew not to whom she prayed. But if there was one solitary god she prayed to him. Whomever she could depend on she worshiped. But there was not one living soul in her land of depression.

'At least tell me who I am.'

Her prayers were never answered.

'Is there no one out there? Am I all alone?'

Was she really in a godless world where there was no one she could count on but herself? Was it up to her to free herself from this abyss?

'I don't care what my life is like outside. Save me.'

She didn't care if she was dead. Anywhere else would be bliss. Anywhere. Anywhere...