Fan Fiction ❯ Siren ❯ Taking Over ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
opened her eyes and stared around the darkness of her room. Where was the sound coming from? It was like someone was singing. Bizarre, but she simply assumed it was Starfire doing something from her home planet, closed her eyes and tried to fall back asleep. Just as she was on the brink of sleep, she heard the thundering of what sounded like Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy running down the hall towards the staircase to the roof.“Can you guys keep it down?” she finally shouted as they started shoving each other into the walls and yelling.The door to the roof was slammed shut loudly and Raven managed to wipe the thoughts of why they were running around in the middle of the night from her mind and finally fell asleep once more, even with the soft singing and footsteps from the guys on the roof.Only a few minutes later, Starfire was shaking Raven by the shoulders, telling her to wake up.“Do you hear that?” she asked.“What are you talking about?” Raven asked sleepily.“Shh, listen.” She grabbed Raven’s wrist and floated up into the air. Raven summoned her cloak and pulled it around her shoulders, but Starfire wouldn‘t let her use her other hand to fasten it.They reached the living room and the Raven realized what Starfire had been listening to. Not only was there still singing, but now there was a splashing sound like a bunch of fish splashing in water. Raven flew over to the window and looked out it into the water and saw what looked like it had sounded.“What‘s wrong with the fish?” Raven asked. “And do you know what the singing is about? I thought it might have been you, but now it sounds like more than one person.”“The singing I do not know about, but those are not fish. They are people, and they are swimming to the tower.”Raven looked back out the window and focused her eyes on the figures in the water. Now that she looked at it, they did look like people. “We have to get to the bottom of this.” She headed for the staircase to the roof.Starfire looked at her, confused. “If you want to get to the bottom of this, why are you going up?”“Just come on,” she said while rolling her eyes. She grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the roof.They pushed on the door, but it was being held shut. It took all of their strength to push it open, and once it was open they realized why it had been so difficult. Their roof was packed to the limits with people, but not just any people. Other than the two of them and three other girls, the only people there were men. All were bowing down to the source of the music that had kept Raven awake, which was three, bizarre looking girls.The first teen looked like she was from India, with braided black hair and tanned skin. She wore what looked like a sari, but it was wind-beaten and faded like it been left in the sun over the summer. This would make sense because instead of arms she had brown feathery wings.The second teen had short blonde hair and wore a teal top that was ragged like it had been through the washing machine far too many times. This also made sense because from the waist down she had a fish tail.The third teen was in the center and had long wavy brown hair and lightly bronzed skin. She wore a little black dress and a maroon cloak. She looked normal except while she sang, her pointed teeth were exposed. She seemed to be the leader of the little group.As Raven looked around, she realized the roof was getting more crowded by the second. Guys were climbing up the sides of the building now, doing anything to get to the roof. Not only were there normal civilians there, but heroes and villains alike bowed down to the singing girls.Starfire tried to count up how many she knew were there. Of course Robin, Beast Boy, and Cyborg were there, but so was Aqua Lad, Speedy, Mas y Menos, and so many villainous males she couldn’t even list them all. Apparently some broke out of jail to get there.“What is going on?!” Raven and Starfire yelled simultaneously.Suddenly the singing stopped, but all the guys kept their heads down in a bow. The girls glared at them, but Starfire didn’t notice. She raced over to Robin and lifted his chin to her face. “Robin! What are you doing?”He moved her hand and said, “You are interrupting my worshiping.”“What have they done to you?” she asked before turning around and facing the girls. “What did you do to him?!”They glanced at each other before the middle girl said, “Boys, get these girls away from our building.”Suddenly, as if a switch was flipped in their minds, all the people on the roof stood up at the same time. As they did so, they murmured, “Yes, Zorra.”

They all approached and Raven was about to attack, but Starfire said, “Don‘t! Some of them are our friends.”“What are we supposed to do then?”“Maybe they‘ll come to their senses…?” Starfire said hopefully. Raven shook her head as Starfire said, “You can stop now… please?”“We have to get out of here,” Raven said as Beast Boy transformed into a T-Rex.“They‘ll return to their normal selves.”“I really think we should be going,” Raven said with more urgency as Cyborg prepared his sonic cannon and the groups got even closer.“Be patient, they won‘t hurt us.”“Come on!” Raven finally yelled and pulled her into the air by her arm, pulling her out of the way from one of Robin’s bird-o-rangs.‘How could he try to hurt me?’ Starfire thought sadly as she let herself be pulled away by Raven.Converting /tmp/phpxezv4G to /dev/stdout