Fan Fiction ❯ Sixth ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sixth
Chapter 9
   

// So child, how long do you plan on sulking? //

// I’m not sulking, I’ve just had enough of that stalker type jerk. //

// Stalker type jerk? You refer to the one who is not unlike you, does that make you and he the same? //

// I’m nothing like him. //

// If you say so. I shall leave you now you have company. //

“So how long are you going to keep sulking? It’s been nearly a week and you haven’t done anything but mope around.”

The redhead turned to face the person addressing him, looking relatively bored.
“I’m not sulking, I’m silently fuming. Now is there anything else or do I have to ignore you?”

“Not really, but you know how much I like to annoy you.” The girl grinned back at him.

“Carrie, stop annoying Sixth. It’s not nice and besides I need to speak to him.” Shannah informed the goth girl as she approached, after nudging the other out of the way she sat opposite the boy. “Let me guess in the past few days that guy has pestered you a whole lot and you’ve lost each and every time you’ve tried to smack some sense into him, right?”

The boy sighed before facing turning to face the window. “Yeah, you want me to tell you now or do you want me to wait until you’ve finished interrogating me?” The bored boy asked, exhaustion clear in his tone.

“Well I’d prefer it if you’d just tell me.” She replied in a big sister tone.

“Ok, it started the night after we fought.”

----------------
Monday:

“Hey kid, you can leave the rest to me.” The tall burly man with a badge saying “Boss” called across the deserted bar.

“Huh? Is it that late?” Sixth asked, as he took notice that the once busy bar had emptied.

“Yeah kid, you’ve worked overtime tonight.”

“Sorry, it won’t happen again.”

“Why are you apologising? You’re only supposed to do that when you’re late you know?” The ‘boss’ replied with a chuckle.

“Well I didn’t plan on it and I don’t want you thinking that this will be a regular occurrence.”

“Ok then. Oh! I forgot to tell you some guys been in a few times tonight asking to speak to you.” The man told him as he began to pick up the broken bottles that covered the floor.

“What guy?” The still dazed boy asked as he headed out back to grab his jacket.

“Don’t know, I told him you were busy and he said that he’d be back later. So is he your boyfriend or something?”

The boy stuck his head around the door and scowled. “As if, why’d you ask?”

“Well everyone needs someone kid.”

“Well I don’t, I was taught to look after myself.” The redhead retorted.

“That’s an understatement; I can’t believe how many rough customers you’ve beaten up. But still you shouldn’t knock it till you try it, you never know you might enjoy it.”

“No thanks, I’ll see you on Wednesday, ‘Dad’.” Came a reply followed by the sound of the staff exit closing.

// It’s cold. // Sixth thought as he headed out of the small compound area behind the bar known as ‘Bosses’. The moon hung low in the sky, the winds moaned and that same faulty flood light flickered. Just as he was about to reach the gate a figure came out of nowhere, grabbed his useful hand and pinned him to the wall pressing his body flush against Sixth’s.

“What the?” The startled boy asked aloud as his eyes adjusted to the darkness.

“Hey, you miss me?” A familiar voice asked.

“It’s you. What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“I came to see you and besides I wanted to show you how predictable you are.”

“I’m far from predictable, now get off or I swear I’ll….”

“You’ll do what? Try to beat me up again? You tried that before and we ended up in a similar situation to this one.” The other chuckled.

“Who’s to say that I didn’t let you win? If I wanted to I could kill you before you knew what happened.”

“Well let’s test that theory.” No sooner had those words left the others lips, he had pinned Sixth further up the wall, positioned himself between the boys legs and had moved so that his face was almost touching the boys.

“Get off of me.” The now furious redhead spat.

“Not until I do this.” The ‘stalker’ breathed before claiming the other boy’s lips. The kiss was demanding and full of hunger. The other boys tongue running over the redhead’s bottom lip seeking entrance but receiving none. A hand made its way up the pinned boy’s thigh, over his hips and under his shirt caressing every inch of exposed skin. Zaine began to rotate his hips, rubbing against the others crotch, moaning occasionally through the kiss. This continued for what seemed like an eternity until a certain man by the name of ‘Boss’ interrupted.

“Ahem, so he’s not your boyfriend huh?” The man asked as the boy known as Zaine pulled back, both he and his ‘captive’ staring at the man. “Well don’t let me get in the way of your fun.”

“Wait it’s not what you think.” Sixth said as he struggled to free himself, failing to do so but receiving a groan of appreciation from the other.

“You don’t have to be shy about it. I don’t have a problem with it.”

“If you don’t have a problem then why do you say ‘it’, you can’t catch it you know?” The onyx-eyed youth asked the man in a venomous tone.

“I don’t have a problem ok?”

“Yes you do.”

“Stop it the pair of you, and get off of me you jerk.” Sixth interrupted the pair’s argument as he tried head butting the onyx eyed youth. The mentioned youth then released him after narrowly missing a hit to the nose. “Listen I’m tired so can you two just stop? Boss I’m sorry about this jerk, I know you don’t have a problem with it, and you can just go back to whichever dank pit you came from.” He said as he got to his feet and opened the gate.

“You’re right it’s late so I’ll let it slide this time, see ya kid.”

“You’re right, I should be heading home soon……Hey! How about I walk you home?” A grunt was the only reply he received as the redhead entered the dark alleyway that lead to the main street.

Tuesday:

Sixth was sitting in a café, lost in the book he was reading as the figure that was becoming familiar approached. He jumped when a hand was placed on his shoulder.

“So what you reading? Is it a trashy romance novel?” The newcomer asked in a cheery tone.

After turning the corner of the page he was reading for future reference, the boy placed it on the table. “Don’t you have a life or did Arcana send you to annoy me to death?”

“Arcana didn’t send me, I came of my own accord and do I really annoy you?” The spiky haired boy asked as he sat opposite the redhead.

“I didn’t say that seat was free. What’s the matter didn’t get enough of a kick last night when you molested me?” Sixth asked irritation clearly ringing through.

“Oh that was just a taste of what’s to come, and besides you know you enjoyed it. I know I did.” the boy replied as he leaned over and placed his hand over the others, giving it a squeeze. “So you want a coffee?”

“No, now let go of my hand and leave.” The redhead ordered.

The other boy leaned over and placed a chaste kiss on the other lips before standing. “Fine, maybe next time.” Was all he said before he left.

// This cannot be happening. I would have preferred it if he had just killed me instead of stalking me and touching me every chance he gets. Damn it mother I knew you were twisted but sending an agent to molest me into surrender is a completely new low for you. //

// Indeed, I would have preferred it too. //

//Don’t you start. //

Wednesday:

‘You have e-mail’ flashed across the computer screen. It was early in the morning, the sun hadn’t even risen yet and Sixth was checking his e-mails. No sooner had he deleted all of the junk, tens of new e-mails began to arrive in his mailbox.

“Huh? Iwantyoubad@niceass.com? Who the hell would be spamming my inbox, more so who the hell knows my e-mail address?” He asked in disbelief as even more e-mails from the same address poured into his inbox. He opened the first one, curiosity winning out.

Hey Babe,
I miss your kisses, want to meet up sometime for round two? I know I’ve been a bit full on lately but I can’t help it. Anyways right now you’ll be sitting there at the computer baffled and slightly pissed off, it’s early as well. This message was sent just after you cleared you last piece of junk, the look on your face was priceless, right about now you’ll be scanning the room for surveillance equipment but you’ll find none. I’m outside the window, so come say hi, you look really cute when you scowl or pout. You’ll probably be doing both right now. So come and take a gander, I don’t have a sniper on you I swear.
Watching you,

You Know Who.

“He wouldn’t, would he?” The redhead asked as he headed to the window. Just as the message had said, standing across the street opposite the house stood the same spiky haired youth, who upon seeing the boy waved with a grin on his face. If the youth thought the redhead was cute when he scowled then he probably thought that Sixth was super cute after seeing the scowl sent in his direction. With a final wave, the boy disappeared in a blur. // Damn it, he’s really getting to me. At this rate I’ll be a wreck by Friday and I’ll probably hand myself over to them just to escape him. //

Thursday:

/-/ This is HFM and your listening to the lovers hour. Now before we get started with the music I would like to start with a song requested for “Hot lips”, well hot lips if you listening “You Know Who” would like to dedicate this song to you. There’s also a message saying, “I missed you last night, I called work and they said you hadn’t showed up.” Now let’s get started with…./-/ The radio was cut off by a more than fuming redhead.

“Damn him!”

----------------

“That’s everything up till today. I wonder what he’s going to do next, send me a strip-o-gram or a huge bouquet of roses or….”

“Or he could just come to the front door.” Carrie interrupted and pointed out of the window.

“Huh? Wait a minute, how the hell does he know where I live? That’s it no more Mr. Nice guy.” Sixth stated as he got up and rushed for the door.

The onyx-eyed boy didn’t have the time to knock before the door swung open. A disgruntled redhead standing in the door sending a glare that if it could have would have killed him there and then.

“Hi, I baked you a cake.” The taller boy said as he placed a cake in front of the other boy.

“It’s got a price tag on it so you can’t have baked it” Sixth replied sarcastically.

“Ok, I bought it but it’s the thought that counts right?” The other replied with a chuckle.

“I prefer brownies.” Sixth replied flatly.

“But I bought you a cake.” The taller informed him.

“I don’t care, brownies rock, cakes suck. So in a way its like you and me, I’m like a brownie in the fact that I rock and you like a cake suck, now take a hike.”

“So you want me to suck you?” The taller asked only to have the door slammed shut in his face. “Was it something I said?” He continued, shouting so that his voice could be heard through the door.

// I need to get out of here. // Sixth thought as he headed for the back door, and out into the city centre.

--------------

The city centre was deserted all except for a few elderly that were feeding the pigeons and a redhead who was current having a staring contest with a statue. The sun was beginning to set and clouds were gathering, businesses were closing up for the night and the city guards were beginning their patrols.

Soon the city was covered in darkness; slowly the lights came on in waves. The statue that stood before the red head became illuminated by spotlights, two holographic wings unfurled from its back shimmering in the dark, the traveller’s guard, as the statue was known never moving eternally praying for the safe passage travellers.

“I’ve never believed in God’s or higher powers, but tell me can sins be forgiven? Has anything that I have done helped atone for my sins? Have the many innocent lives I have saved not helped lessen them? Or are my sins too great to be forgiven? Tell me please.” He pleaded with the statue. “I’ve done terrible things but I’ve also done some good things. Do you forsake me because I allow this demon to dwell within me? Or because I bathed in its blood and devoured its flesh? For those actions, can I never be forgiven? Have you given up hope on me? Am I too tainted to save or a monster with human form? Answer me! Please I beg of you, free me of this life of these sins; I just wish to be free.” He sobbed to the never changing statue, tears pouring forth in torrents.

“You will never be free 006.” A voice told him in a harsh and cold voice. The sobbing youth turned to face the person only to find himself surrounded.

“Are you going to kill me if I put up a fight?” He asked despair clear in his voice.

“If it is necessary.” The figure replied.

“Then I refuse to come along, if you want me you’ll have to kill me.”

// What are you doing child? //

// I’m going to repent with my life, and then maybe my soul will be cleansed. //

// Fool! You only see and feel what they want you to see and feel. //

// They? //

// Those beings that claim to be God’s and attempt to shape humanity to their liking. You feel this despair because they wish for you to feel it, allow me to show you the truth. //

Time stopped, everything from the people and sounds to the winds. The seal on Sixth’s shoulder changed shape and dark shadows poured form his body, pooling and taking form in front of him. The form was of Sixth, a dark Sixth, its eyes glowing yellow and skin ashen. The shadow turned to face the statue and pointed at it.

“You see this, this is a representation of a God’s avatar, but that is not what God looks like.” The shadow informed him.

“You’re the shadow aren’t you? Deyanira was it?”

“Yes, do you wish to see God’s true form? To see the one whom you place your faith in?”

“Yes, I want to meet God and I want to ask him why he has abandoned me”

“He abandoned you because you have the potential to become like him.”

“To be like a God?”

“Yes, but that is for another time, I will now show you the God’s true face.”

The shadows began to climb to the heavens, once they were high enough the sky began to open, held open by the shadows. There were no clouds or angels only a dark void, in the centre of it bond by chains was a giant, pale blue corpse like skin covered its body, its one large purple eye stared down at Sixth. Its iris contracted and purple clouds began to head in his direction only to be pushed back by the shadows.

“That cannot be God, it can’t.” Sixth screamed before collapsing in a heap on the ground.

“That is mans God, the one whom you worship and wish to appease. A vile creature, locked away by the Mother Earth after a battle like no other. The mother of man and of all life on Earth rose up to challenge the creature that was destroying her creations, though she lacked the power to destroy it her allies did not let her stand alone. Rithor and the Eilam stood by her side and together they managed to seal it away, but the price for Rithor and the Eilam was death. The mother using the last of her power sealed herself off from the seven hells and went to sleep. Now that the seal is broken who will rise up to defend this world from the High Lords? The mother is resting and her allies are lost. I wonder, never mind though that is for another time.” With that, the skies closed, and the shadows vanished. The shadow became like liquid only to be reabsorbed by the seal. As Sixth rose to his feet, time began to move again.

// If that is God, then I prefer to live until the day it is no more or die whilst drowning in my sins. //

// Yes child, you may live to see that day. Now embrace the fire of your anger and let it burn. //

“I’m afraid I’m not going down without a fight.”

“We expect nothing less of the sixth unit.” The agent smirked as he signalled for the troops to move in. The unit disappeared in a blur of motion, only to appear in front of a soldier. With one quick movement, he tore the soldier’s throat and then spun on his heel sending a kick into the side of another soldiers head, breaking his neck. He vanished again, this time reappearing in front of the agent, he reached forward and grabbed the man’s arm twisting it and then kicking him in the gut, the impact causing the arm to break and tear free from its socket. A bullet hit the unit in the back, not entering his body, and tranquilliser no doubt.

// I can’t see straight. //

// I shall punish the one who shot us. // the shadow declared as Sixth fell to the ground, dark shadows raced across the ground and engulfed the soldier that fired the shot, contracting until he imploded. They continued to contract until the body was crushed into a bloody ball of flesh and bone.

// Thanks. // Was the last things Sixth thought before he lost consciousness.

 

TBC…