Fan Fiction ❯ Skies of Arcadia, the noble airpirate 2 ❯ Anti-Alfonso ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Skies of Arcadia, the noble airpirate 2.
Anti-Alfonso
 
As it turned out, the admirals had a whole floor to themselves. That floor was divided in sections. One for each admiral. Each section had a bedroom, a bathroom, a balcony and a living room with a small kitchen. Lawrence did not need much time to decorate his new room. He did not have that many belongings to unpack. Pow had immediately claimed one of the couches as his new bed.
 
So as six o' clock drew nearer, the admirals of the imperial armada gathered in the meeting room.
“Damn… I can't believe we'll have to put up with another prettyboy.” Vigoro said furiously.
“Soon we won't have any real fighters left.” Gregorio added sighing.
“Well, remember, as soon as he walks in, pretend you don't see him.” Belleza said grinning, and everyone nodded.
Suddenly, the door opened and Alfonso skipped into the room.
“Hiya! Sorry we're late, but Lawrence didn't want to leave his room. He thinks his new uniform makes him look stupid.” He said smiling, and the other admirals coughed. “Oh come on brother, you look fine!” Alfonso said in a not so assuring voice, and he pulled Lawrence into the room. Everyone gasped. The color of Lawrence's uniform was a bit like his old jacket. Dark purple with green around the edges, though it also had spiky black shoulder patches. He wore black army boots, and thick gloves. A long black cloak completed the scene. Lawrence mumbled something incoherently.
“Yes, the pants are supposed to be that way! Don't worry, you look adorable!” Alfonso said cheerfully.
“You're Alfonso's brother?! You're… you're…” Vigoro stuttered.
“Hot!” Belleza finished for him.
“Not exactly the word I was looking for… Hey, are you sure you two are related?”
“Sadly, tests have proven it to be true…” Lawrence said sadly. Alfonso, who hadn't noticed anything, sat down in his regular seat.
“Hey Lawrence! Why don't you sit down next to me?” Belleza called, pushing Deloco off the chair next to her. The midget fumed and his suit made a couple of strange popping noises, before he waddled to the other side of the table to sit down next to Gregorio. Lawrence shrugged and walked over to Belleza, sitting down between her and Alfonso.
“Sooo, Lawrence… Do you like movies?” she asked, resting her head on her hand as she smiled at the new admiral.
“Hey, I like movies!” Vigoro called from across the table.
“I didn't ask you!” Belleza hissed at him.
 
Before Vigoro could respond to that, the door slammed open and Galcian entered, closely followed by Ramirez, who gave Lawrence an extremely cold glare.
“I'm sure by now you've all met our new admiral. So let's get down to business.” Galcian said coldly, and everyone nodded. “Lawrence, as I understand it you were a mercenary and a helmsman. So as the seventh admiral it will be your duty to transport dangerous or valuable items.”
“That is all?” Lawrence asked.
“We are regularly raided by airpirates, and you are the only fit for the job. Well, except for your brother… But he would rather hand over the goods and his ship to save his own hide.” Galcian explained, and the other admirals sniggered. Alfonso however, wasn't paying attention. He was watching his own reflection in a pocket mirror.
“So it is your duty to protect the goods, and it will require travelling around the world a lot. You will receive a flagship ofcourse. Deloco, what do you think?” Galcian asked.
“We've just finished constructions on the Lupus. It's not too large, so it won't be noticed that easily, and has excellent speed.” The midget answered.
“I don't plan on running away!” Lawrence said indignantly.
“Are you sure you're not adopted?” Vigoro asked, and the other admirals sniggered again.
“Now now, settle down. There will be plenty of time to mock Alfonso after the meeting.” Galcian said grinning.
“Oh, did I just hear my name?” Alfonso asked, putting the mirror back in his pocket. Everyone tried to look innocent, and Galcian coughed, turning back to Lawrence.
“Well, if you insist on fighting, then I suppose we can make sure the Lupus has some decent magic cannons. Deloco, get on it at once.” Galcian commanded.
“We've just got the new magi-a-plenty cannons, sir. Those should suffice.” Deloco replied.
“I suppose that is all then. You are dismissed.” Galcian said, and with that he swept from the room.
“Oh, that was a nice meeting. Well, shall we hurry to upper city and grab a bite to eat?” Alfonso asked, as everyone got to their feet.
“We don't eat here in the palace?” Lawrence asked.
“Oh heavens no! We always go to a restaurant in upper Valua!” his brother replied, flicking back his hair.
“Hmm… well, I think I'll just cook something myself.” Lawrence decided. He didn't want to blend in with the Valua crowd just yet.
“Hold on! You mean you would rather slave away in a kitchen to make something to eat yourself, then go to a large five star restaurant, all expenses paid?” Ramirez asked flinching.
“Uhm… yes! Food tastes better when you make it yourself.” Lawrence said simply, and Ramirez cursed inwardly.
“Damn you! Why are you so… anti-Alfonso?” he asked, balling his fists.