Fan Fiction ❯ Skies of Arcadia, the noble airpirate 2 ❯ And another vice captain down... ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Skies of Arcadia, the noble airpirate 2
And another vice captain down…
 
One afternoon the Lupus was on it's way to Nasrad. Lawrence was, unfortunately, accompanied by Ramirez, who insisted that he wanted to keep an even closer eye on him.
“Well Lawrence? How is your chair? Do your cushions need fluffing?” Ramirez asked with a nasty glare.
“Ramirez, get lost!” Lawrence sighed.
“So you're admitting that the chair isn't to your rich boy liking?” Ramirez asked.
“My chair is just fine. But perhaps if you'd like I can tie you to it and press the eject button?” Lawrence retorted. Suddenly, the vice captain approached them. He appeared quite timid.
“Eh… excuse me sir… We'll be arriving at Nasrad in five minutes.” The guy stuttered.
“Excellent.” Lawrence said, getting to his feet. The vice captain jumped back in reflex. Lawrence stared at him. “What are you so jumpy about?” he asked.
“I'm sorry… It's just… Look at what happened to my predecessors.” The vice captain mumbled.
“Well, I'll try not to kill you.” Lawrence said honestly, and his vice captain gave a weak laugh.
“Hey Lawrence, perhaps you can hire someone to kill him for you! That way you won't have to lift a finger.” Called a voice behind him.
“Ramirez, will you shut up already?” Lawrence called back.
“You can't make me shut up! I'm your superior!” Ramirez said.
“No you're not! We're both admirals! Just because you're Galcian's pet doesn't give you more power than me!” Lawrence shouted.
“I am not his pet! Speak of lord Galcian again in that tone and I shall cleave you in two!”
“Just you try, kid! I'll kick your sorry ass before you can even pull out your sword!”
Lawrence and Ramirez were soon so enraged in an argument they didn't notice the vice captain jumping out the window with the words “The suspense! It's too much!”
 
After the Lupus had docked in Nasrad, people were shooting it shifty looks. They still hadn't forgotten the damage the armada did to the city last time.
“Look, I'm asking you nicely. Just give me the cargo.” Lawrence sighed.
“No, you Valuan scum!” said the merchant Lawrence was supposed to do business with.
“But I really don't want trouble! Look, I'll pay you and everything!” Lawrence said, putting a money bag on the counter of the little business tent.
“Get lost!” the merchant shouted.
“But I need that cargo!” Lawrence said, pointing at the crates behind the merchant. But as he did so, he accidentally knocked over a candle. That candle set fire to the tent, which set fire to the tents next to it, and so on and so forth, until the docks were covered in flames.
“It's an attack! It's an attack!” The merchant shouted, running in circles. Meanwhile, Lawrence turned to hurry back to his ship. But as he did so he saw a very familiar group of people.
“Holy crap, our ship is on fire!” shouted one of them. And suddenly Lawrence got a brilliant idea. An idea that could get him out of this mess.
“Vyse, so you are here.” He said, approaching Vyse, Aika, Fina and Gilder through the wall of flames. “I've been looking for you.”
“Lawrence!” Vyse gasped.
“Did you lead this attack?” Fina demanded.
“Eh… Yes! Yes I did! Nasr will soon belong to Valua! And then we will rule the world!” Lawrence said, and he drew his sword. “I will be taking you to Valua. Surrender or you all die.”
Fina got cupil ready to attack, but she was stopped by Vyse.
“Fina, please do as he says. You wont be able to defeat him! Not yet! Do as he says.” He said, and Fina sighed, as Cupil returned to bracelet form.
“Grrr… alright, we surrender.” She said.
“A wise choice. Capture the airpirates. Take them back to the grand fortress.” Lawrence commanded, sheathing his sword. Immediately a group of soldiers surrounded the gang of airpirates.
“Lawrence, why are you doing this?” Vyse asked, as a soldier forced his arm behind his back. Lawrence did not respond.
 
“You!” Ramirez growled as Lawrence entered the bridge.
“Me?”
“You stole my scene!”
“I what?”
“That whole walking through flames thing! It was mine! I stole it from Sephiroth!”
“Well, I didn't mean to set the place on fire!” Lawrence said, returning to his seat.
“You even stole my lines! Only one of your lines was original!” Ramirez shouted.
“You should be honored.” Lawrence said shrugging.
“Oh, I'll get you for this! You mark my words! I'll make you pay!” Ramirez snarled.