Fan Fiction ❯ Skies of Arcadia, the noble airpirate 2 ❯ The master plan ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Skies of Arcadia, the noble airpirate 2
The master plan.
 
Meanwhile, in the meeting room, a fierce argument was going on.
“We have to get rid of this Lawrence guy. He's stealing our spotlight!” Deloco hissed.
“I heard he's got great defense…” Gregorio sighed.
“And he's got lots of luck with the ladies! Almost as much as me!” Vigoro said indignatly, and Belleza snorted loudly. “Atleast I've still got a bigger cannon…” he added with a sigh.
“Actually, we recently installed a new moonstone cannon on his ship, which is about 5 inches bigger than yours.” Deloco admitted.
“Oh god, nooooo!!!” Vigoro shouted dramatically.
“I don't know what you're complaining about. I think he's wonderful.” Belleza said with a dreamy expression on her face.
“So as I said, we have to dispose of this guy somehow.” Deloco said, ignoring Belleza. But suddenly the door slammed open and Alfonso skipped into the room. Everyone immediately tried to look innocent.
“Hey everyone! Have you heard? Lawrence captured Vyse and his airpirate friends!” Alfonso said happily, and everyone gasped.
“Curse him! If he keeps this up, there will be no need for us anymore!” Gregorio hissed, so that Alfonso couldn't hear.
“Hey, that means Red is here too!” Vigoro said happily, and he hurried out the door.
 
After making a few quick stops, Lawrence headed for the grand fortress's jailcells, accompanied by Pow and a soldier.
“So, this is where the airpirates are being held… I wish to speak with them. Get them for me.” Lawrence commanded, and the soldier hurried off. He returned however, after a minute.
“Admiral Lawrence, it's an emergency! I found admiral Vigoro unconscious in one of the cells. The rest are empty. It appears Vyse and the others have escaped!” The guard reported.
“I see…” Lawrence mumbled. He had been expecting this to happen. “Listen carefully. Do not tell anyone about this. Keep the doors to this area closed. Do not let anyone in or out. If you are questioned by anyone, tell them it was a direct order from me, understand?” he commanded.
“Yes, sir! But…”
“Very well then. Stay here. There's an urgent matter I must attend to.” And with that Lawrence headed for the elevators, followed by Pow.
 
Lawrence was running through the halls of the grand fortress, when the alarms suddenly went off. He looked around and saw an elevator to his left. There were voices coming from the floor below.
“Quick, get on the lift!” he called. There was a murmur and then the elevator rose, carrying four people.
“Lawrence!” Vyse gasped. Pow barked enthusiastically to greet the gang.
“After you escaped from your cells, I figured you'd head for the docks to try and steal a ship. Follow me.” Lawrence said, turning back and heading for a door.
“Alright, what's going on? Why is Lawrence suddenly helping us?” Aika asked dumbstruck.
“Yeah. He went through all that trouble to chuck us into jail.. But I suppose we'll have to trust him.” Vyse said, and the group followed Lawrence through a door. They were suddenly standing inside a very familiar ship. Without wasting any time, they quickly walked up some stairs and through another door.
“What the?!” Vyse gasped.
“You've probably already figured out we're on the bridge of the Delphinus. After you were captured, the Valuans forced your crew into a couple of lifeboats and took the Delphinus to Valua too.” Lawrence explained.
“So, your admiralness… There's still one thing I can't figure out. Why did you join the armada, throw us into jail, and then help us escape?” Gilder asked.
“Yeah, he has a good point.” Fina said.
“Well, I obviously joined the armada to get my inheritance. But as it turned out, the armada is… not my thing. So then I saw you in Nasr, and had the perfect idea. I knew that if I were to arrest you, you would escape. So now you can take me with you as your hostage.” Lawrence explained.
“I still don't get it…” Aika said slowly. Lawrence made an impatient noise.
“If I were to get kidnapped, technically I wouldn't be resigning from the armada, so I'd still get my inheritance!” he said grinning.
“That's the stupidest idea ever! Why would we even let you come along anyway? After all you put us through!” Fina shouted.
“Because I'm a better helmsman than Don?”
“Oh, well… I suppose he has got a point.” Aika said, and Fina glared at the floor.
“Alright, you can come back with us.” Vyse said, and Lawrence gave him a bear hug, thanking him from the bottom of his heart.
“Let's save the mushy stuff for later, and blast our way out of this dump!” Gilder said, and everyone nodded. Soon, they moonstone cannon had made a large hole in the fortress's wall, and the Delphinus was heading back to Crescent isle.
`Well Valua, it looks like this is goodbye for now.' Lawrence thought, behind the wheel of the Delphinus.
 
 
((A/N: Yes yes, I know. This whole chapter is like one big parody on the game. I stole more than half of it from Skies of Arcadia. At first I thought it was funny, but when I'd written it down, and reread it, it was actually kinda disappointing. But I'm too lazy to think of something else.
 
Lawrence: ….
 
Enrique: Why you little---!
 
Lawrence: Don't blame me! Blame the author! She made me do it!
 
Me: Ah, ehm… *flee*
 
Don't forget to read the epilogue!))