Fan Fiction ❯ Suraj Hua Maddham ❯ Unexpected Reunion ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10 "Unexpected reunion."

Author notes: Ahh! Sorry! This story isn't dead! It's just got a complicated plot, and I'm being incompetent at the moment. But now I will actually update so everyone can stop yelling at me. I'm really sorry! ^__^;

* * *

Aragorn stared at Elrond in shock. It was a lot to take in and the man known as Elessar had to pause for a moment to digest the information. "Elrond…he can control the one ring? Does he know this?"

Elrond shook his head. "Most likely not. But in Terraei, they will tell him of his powers, which are of course fabled and routed in myth. Also, they will train him, most likely with their black mage, who can handle the powers exuded by Fëanor's heir." He stopped for a moment and began to pace, and Aragorn watched him. "But I am worried about Legolas. There was nothing in Elven legend about any lover of Farandël. But this could be the wild card to save the world should the people of Terraei fully take him into their fold."

At this point, Aragorn had to interject. "Elrond, we must do something quick! Elves have been known to die from extreme grief and I cannot think of a grief more extreme than what Legolas is going through right now! Seeing Farandël may have boosted his spirits, but as soon as he left, Legolas became quiet…"

Arwen's father turned to Aragorn. "Yes, which is why you and the remnants of the Fellowship must keep his spirits high. I can see that things will change, but it is up to you to keep him from becoming too depressed. Remind him that Farandël is alive, and that he is well. I can't say what to do much more than that."

"Yes…I suppose that's all we can do. Thank you Elrond, I'll take your leave," Aragorn said, then bowed slightly, before leaving to Legolas' room. He rapped on the door. "Legolas?" he asked carefully. No response. The heir of Isildur opened the door and found Legolas fiddling with his broach. "Legolas?"

Finally Legolas' head snapped up. "Oh…Estel. I'm sorry, I didn't hear you."

Aragorn smiled. "It's alright, old friend." He frowned though when he saw the redlines in his friend's eyes. "Legolas, are you worried about Farandël? Remember, his sister is with him, and she would not let harm come to him. If we are to find where this Terraei is, then we must think with clear heads. I just spoke with Elrond."

Legolas wiped at his eyes and forced himself to look decent. "I'm sorry, Estel. I know I should be stronger, but I feel like there is nothing I can do except stay here…not knowing where he is. It's my fault he was-"

Sternly, Aragorn spoke to Legolas; "It is not your fault, Legolas. You were unprepared for such a strike. Remember what I said-he is safe for the time being but we must make haste. But…for the time being, you must fill your heart with more cheer." He put a hand on the blonde Elf's head. "Even though our objectives are different now, we must stay focused. We will rest here for the time being. Maybe with Elrond's help, we will find Terraei."

Terraei

Farandël turned from the orb to Sasha. "That was…why couldn't I have talked to him for a longer amount of time?"

"Because we have somewhere to go. I have a plan for later." Sasha tugged on his sleeve. "Fyora is going to beckon me later to start fitting her for her wedding dress. Doesn't she have maidens for this sort of thing? I will make sure it bathes in a sea of flame," she muttered. Farandël couldn't help but laugh.

Sasha, it turns out, wanted to show Farandël around the castle, and showed him a few places that would be exceptionally great if he ever wanted to hide. Neither the Elder nor Fyora knew these places, as Sasha had created them. Creating the illusion of a blocked off section where there was really a small room was invaluable to Farandël. After the small tour, she brought him back and announced her plan. "What is it? Are you going to keep me in suspense all night?" He put a hand on his slender hip.

The dark haired Elven female poked his forehead. "Listen to me closely. I'm going to try and cast a spell to bring your Legolas to you and one other. But it will only be for a short amount of time, shorter than that that you had to speak to him through your orb. But it will be enough to tell them where you are so they can stage their attack."

Farandël looked worried. "But won't the Elder sense this? I mean, you must exert an awful lot of magical energy in order to bring Legolas and one other of the Fellowship here, right? I'm not complaining or anything…"

"I'm taking a huge risk. The Elder is out of the palace in preparations for your coronation ceremony. Although they will need a few days to make sure the preparations are complete. But will you trust me enough to do this? I would need your energy in order to bring Legolas and one other of your choice here for a short time. Since I do not know Legolas or this other member of the Fellowship, I will need to use your memories," Sasha explained.

Farandël nodded after a moment of consideration. It would be great if he could see Legolas, and no doubt the other he would bring would be Aragorn. Who else could he trust with his very well being in this new situation? "Alright, please do this, Sasha. But the one other I want you to bring with Legolas is Aragorn, son of Arathorn, known to the Elves as Estel. He…has grown up with the Elves, and he would understand my situation."

Sasha nodded. "Alright…" She closed her eyes and began to recite something in an old form of Elvish that even Farandël could not interpret. He could feel his mind being probed, specific memories being exposed, ones including the two he had mentioned. As Sasha continued to recite the spell, the power she exuded was something that even Farandël, in his brief time as an Elf, had no trouble feeling. '…Bring them to me!' was the last part that Farandël was able to translate. There was no huge flash, but as Farandël turned, Legolas and Aragorn materialised just a few feet away, by his orb.

"By the Gods, where are we?" Legolas demanded, looking around the room, making eye contact with everything but Farandël. His blue eyes took in everything around him, the room, the orb, and he turned to Aragorn. "Where are we?"

"I think it may be safe to ask Farandël since he's standing in front of us," Aragorn said a bit lightly, and Legolas whirled around, seeing Farandël and a female Elf. Farandël's eyes lit up as he walked over to Legolas. Moving away from the Elven lovers, Aragorn noticed the female Elf who was leaning against the wall. Curious, he walked over to her. "Excuse me," he began, getting her attention. "Who are you?"

Sasha pushed herself up more and looked at him. "My name is Sasha…actually, that is my name in common speech. Here, I'm known as Sashiya Darkstar." For some reason, when she locked eyes with him, she turned away slightly. "You must be Estel."

Aragorn nodded. "I am called many things, but that is one of the names the Elves know me by…the other is Elessar." Sasha jumped when she heard this, but Aragorn didn't notice. "Did you bring us here? Or did Farandël?"

"I…I did," Sasha replied, composing herself and looking back at him. "But you two do not have a lot of time here. The Elder will be back and notice there are two unfamiliar energies here. But it's enough time for me to explain to you about Farandël."

"Lord Elrond of Rivendell told me that Farandël could overturn the power of the One Ring to himself, is this true?" Aragorn asked in a hushed whisper.

Quietly, Sasha replied, "Yes, it is true. Fëanor and Sauron are not as unfamiliar as everyone believed, although Fëanor was a brave Elvish warrior, his heart sometimes was overcome with darkness rivalling that of the Dark Lord. Their energies were the same, although Fëanor used his for good. When Farandël's coronation ceremony is completed and he is wed to Fyora, princess of this kingdom, a transformation will take place. The Elder will use his manipulative wisdom and magic to show Farandël a manufactured destiny, one that no doubt the heir of Fëanor will believe."

Aragorn paused for a moment before asking, "what will that accomplish? What could this Elder want to do with Farandël? I'm not trusting the myths and legends passed through Middle-Earth anymore."

"So you shouldn't," Sasha said, as she glanced over at Farandël. "They've been fabricated enough by each species so that their species will be spared what the legend truly means." Aragorn raised an eyebrow. "Farandël in Terraei folklore…he has been foretold to bring Terraei out of hiding, and launch a war rivalling the one of Darkness three thousand years ago, against all nations of Middle-Earth. The army will be strong, many Elves and mercenaries strong…"

"Do you know the outcome of such a war?" Aragorn questioned.

Sasha looked at him. "It will not go the way of the free-world, I can tell you that much. But then again, this is Terraei folklore. It has been spun and told in such a way that of course, this kingdom will emerge victorious. But the one thing that has been told in every culture and race, is the measure of Farandël's power. Surely you have heard it, Elessar… that Farandël's power is something that could even surpass that of the Dark Lord's."

Aragorn nodded. "Elrond said the same thing. But you speak of this Elder and Fyora … who are they?"

"The Elder is the 'King' of this kingdom, he's ruled for who knows how many millennia, but his power grows weaker with each passing year. That is why he desperately needs Farandël here. To take his place as ruler when his time has come to go to the Grey Havens." Sasha turned and let out a small sigh. "But Fyora…she is his daughter, the only child of the Elder. She's usually very sweet, but when it comes to the matter of marrying Farandël, she can get quite…what is the word…unpleasant."

"That does not surprise me, any female I suppose would get protective if the one they were foretold to marry had come. Especially one such as Farandël…but his heart belongs to Legolas," Aragorn explained to Sasha. "He had requested that Legolas teach him how to become more like an Elf…since he must have told you that he had suddenly turned into one from drinking from Galadriel's fountain." Sasha nodded. "But there is something I want to get an answer to. Legolas and Farandël, they got quite close one time, and Farandël's ring started to glow, and he told me that a little funnel shaped light came out of it, and Fëanor, son of Finwë began to talk to him."

Sasha raised an eyebrow. "Talk to him? Are you certain of this?"

Aragorn nodded. "I am very sure, for Farandël told me himself. Fëanor told him that his heir would not love someone of the same sex…do you know anything of what could have caused such a reaction?"

The female Elf blinked a few times, and looked down. When she looked back up, she replied, "that isn't good. Not at all, Elessar. You see, if Fëanor's spirit had contacted Farandël then that means there is not much time to when the transformation will take place. Slowly, but surely, Fëanor's intentions and soul will become one with Farandël's. And Fëanor wanted nothing more than to conquer the lands. But this is something new, I never once thought that Fëanor's heir would have a male lover."

Isildur's heir paused for a moment, trying to figure out what to ask next in the limited amount of time they had. "There are many things that I wish to ask you, Sashiya. But I'm not sure which holds precedence over the other." He folded his arms, and looked down at the ground. Looking back up, Aragorn had made up his mind. "Farandël told us that you were his sister. How can that be? He was a hobbit."

"That's a bit complicated you see. But let me try and explain this as condensed as I can manage." Sasha then explained what she had told Farandël. "In truth, I am not really his sister, but we share the same blood because of the spell Fëanor's advisor used." Just as Aragorn was about to say something, Sasha's head snapped to the door. "Oh no! Someone is coming and I haven't the strength to send you back as of yet!"

Legolas held onto Farandël's hand tightly. "What should we do? We can't pass Aragorn as an Elf, and this Elder of yours could sense our energy, could he not?"

"I have enough power to conceal your energies, but Elessar, you must hide in that closet. Legolas, there is a servant's robe in the closet, hurry and put it on, make sure the hood covers your face." Both members of the Fellowship did their assigned actions, and Sasha turned to Farandël. "Act like Legolas is your servant, and don't ever hint that there's something in your closet, understand?"

Just as she finished talking, and Legolas put on the robe, Fyora entered the chamber with her two handmaidens. 'There you are Farandël! I was hoping you'd be awake!' she smiled sweetly and Farandël himself forced a smile. 'Sashiya, what are you doing here?'

'I'm helping Lord Farandël get used to his quarters,' Sasha explained easily. 'I had one of my helpers, Lezan, help me.' She forced a smile herself. 'Where have you been?'

Fyora seemed not to sense the fake sincerity in Sasha's voice as she bubbly continued yammering away about the coronation ceremony, then said there would be a ball later on to commemorate the occasion. When she left, Legolas turned to the closet. "You can come out now, Aragorn." When said man came out, Legolas slyly said, "so there's a ball…why don't you ask Farandël's sister?" Aragorn turned red much to the confusion of the other two Elves.

-TBC-

Author's notes: Sorry again for the lack of update, but things have been busy around here. Someone reviewed complaining about the chapter length, and believe me, I would make them longer, but I don't have the time right now. The chapters will be longer as the story progresses. Hopefully you like this chapter and can stay patient long enough. ^_^;