Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Summoner ❯ Change of Heart ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yuki yawned "So you see my problem."boy narrowed his eyes "You summoned me here for something stupid like that?"not stupid. Besides there are no rules for why or why not to summon, so there."rolled his eyes. sighed "You got a name?"He muttered seeming rather bored. name for a summon , so just what can you do? Think you can beat Sony?"He yawned snuggling up on the couch. Yuki seized him by the ear "Listen here! I went through hell summoning you! You had better be worth it!"frowned "Arena fighting isn't my thing."what is your thing?! I need this title!!"'bout this," He started setting up "I register and win the title from Ryo then when I go against you I take a dive?"burst out laughing. "Whats so funny?" He asked.A summon - doing the summoning!!! Thats the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!"sighed "Fine whatever , but I'm better than that than anything else."on now you'd never get past the judges- impossible. If it were that easy I wouldn't need you. Sola was the greatest summoner the world had ever seen- Ryo would be nothing compared to her. But she's gone now so I have to get the title for her." Yuki seemed suddenly distant, but pulled herself back to earth "Besides thats what I summoned you for."grined "Well, then lets try it my way first. If I fail we can do it your way."isn't a democarcy- You'll do what I tell you to do. But - I'll give it a go."jumped up "Alright then! You'll see I won't let you down! I had a great teacher-"up. I don't need all your babbling. I'm going to sleep - you just stay in here and keep quite." Yuki muttered harshly.boy plobbed back on the sofa , looking somewhat disapointed in his new master.
Yuki rubbed her head "Whats his problem? That human act is really making me sick." I don't want a companion- I like it alone just fine. Thats why I wanted a dumb monster.... She thought as she pulled back her covers.

Yuki jumped awake panting and grasping her throat. That dream! She looked at the clock it was time to get up. She sat there a moment. It was one of the most disturbing dreams she had ever had. A weight on her chest- crushing her. She could barely breathe. It was a dark place. She was trapped. Imprisioned by her own slumber. She couldn't wake up. It felt like a thousand knives cutting into her. But now she felt fine , shaken, but fine. However, after setting up she realized she did feel different.She stummbled toward the bathroom still feeling quite tired. She looked into the mirrior and her heart nearly stopped.face.normal.way..." She whispered feeling her face "I must still be dreaming..."
"You did that because I wished for it.." eyes widened.... She rushed into the living room only to find Vincent fast asleep on the couch. She had no clue how to approach him about it so, she didn't. She wouldn't say a word about it.
that day....
"I can't believe those guys let you register!" Yuki chuckled "What idiots! Can't even tell a summon from a human!"won't laugh when you see me in action." Vincent mummbled holding up a fuda (magical slips of paper used for magic- in this case summons)tell me you're using talismatic summons?! Ryo will crush you!"know alot about fuda magic - I think I can handle him."has the ability to summon two monsters as long as one is in stasis! Only item summoners have that option! The other types of summoning are to weak!" Yuki shouted.Vincent grined as he jumped up onto the platform.was waiting there. "Ah your new! Too bad you have to face me first time."I requested you." Vincent corrected.must think your really something. I am world champion you know."year." grined and griped his flute "I summon SONY!"elven boy took his place on the field and readied the flute at his lips.turn." Ryo snickered.held out the fuda between his middle and index fingers, closing his eyes. Then opening them abruptly. A flame ran up the paper carving in the letters of the spell. He then flipped his wrist back and gently blew the fuda into the arena. Where it landed a cloaked figure rose up from the earth holding a box within her hands., meet Raiki."beautiful performance." Ryo smiled sweetly. "Sony! Attack!!!!"boy brought the flute to his lips and played a sharp note that sent visable blasts across the field. Raiki lifted the lid on the box and braced herself as the waves were sucked inside the box. She slammed the lid shut. Vincent grined "You didn't let me finish, Raiki guardian of the silence. Sony's attacks are useless."frowned "Well done , no one has ever beat Sony. But how is Raiki's attack? I'm curious."was already at the defence playing a sheild around himself.smerked "Raiki , attack!"opened the box releasing the previous attack. It launched Sony into the air . He skid across the ground and slamed into the arena wall.Ryo growled "But without Sony to arm her your summon is defenceless. I place Sony in stasis!" He pulled out a sword "I summon Liho-Ryoga!!!" He yelled slinging the sword into the arena. A large armoured swordsman lept up and siezed it." Your turn, but I suggest you ditch Raiki - or else it will be your last turn! "smerked and brought another fuda up. are you doing?! Don't you realize that Raiki is still active!?" Ryo warned.ran up the paper. Burning the words in deeply. He blew the fuda into the arena and watched as a familiar figure rose up from the ground. eyes widened and his eyes flew to the stasis field. It was empty. "You... you stole .. my monster!"crossed his arms "Sorry , but the simple fact is- my summons was stronger." He snickered softly "You see Raiki and Sony are a great pair. The reason she was able to throw him back with his own attack is that she triples his power! Allow me to demostrate!"began playing softly as Raiki lifted the lid on the box, caputuring every note.Vincent yelled as Raiki turned the box sideways unleashing the forse onto Liho-Ryoga. As the blast struck he disppeared from the feild and the judges declared Vincent as the winner. Ryo was awestruck. He looked completely crushed. This wasn't what Yuki had wanted. She had wanted to see him defeated, yes, but not humiliated. He was defeated by his own summon. It couldn't get any worse than that. And by a first-timer. , Ryo , but thats how it goes." Vincent said smuggly leaning against the wall.glared at him then glanced at Yuki and shook his head. Yuki felt her heart sink down in her chest. He knew. He knew what she had done. That Vincent coming there was her doing. It was her falt and he knew it.

"Thats not what I wanted!" Yuki shouted.partly ignored her as they walked back to her home. A cart rolled by the horse pulling it paused an snorted. The driver flicked the raines incuraging it to move. Vincent stopped then turned to Yuki "The book - you don't have it on you do you?"Why?!" she snapped irked that he would change the subject so quickly.me." He said in a dark tone.you dare demand anything of me! Remember who's the master here!"do don't you?! Get rid of it!!"way!" Yuki yelled as the sun say behind them "I'll do what I want with it!"gate is still open! You have to get rid of it! Never carry it with you!!"are you talking about?!"the horse bucked snapping the restraints and broke free. Its eyes glowed red as it charged toward them , its black maine dancing in the wind. Yuki gasped as Vincent shoved her back. He jumped in front of the horse. It rared back slaping at him with its front legs. Yuki stared in utter disbelief as Vincent brought up a Fuda from his pocket . The sacred words burned themselves in . The horse stomped at him neighing furiously. He blew the slip toward the beast . It stuck to the creature's head and it froze. Vincent ran and grabbed Yuki's arm "Where's the book!? I need to seal it! "grabed her bag and gasped "It's gone!"Vincent gasped.had it at the arena- It was just here!!"have to find that book!"was that thing?! Why did it attack us?!" Yuki demanded.was a nightmare! It's a demon thats posses horses! They are what give humans bad dreams. It came out of the book! Now we have to find the book and close it before anything else wonders out!"