Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Summoner ❯ The lover's war ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ten years later., now twenty , sat up in her bed. "What a terrible dream..." She groaned. She made her way to the bathroom and turned on the shower. She stared into the mirrior for a moment. "This time Ryo - This time I'll beat you. That Title will be mine."

She quickly brushed her damp hair out. She then paused staring at her reflection in the mirrior. The three long gashes still remained in her skin. She ran her fingers down the scars that were nearly three inches long. She had partial vision in her right eye , but it looked terrible. This was the face no one could ever see. Ugly. Scared. She brushed her long blue hair over that side of her face. She then smiled. With her hair styled like this, people would assume the right side mirriored the left, and would imagine the flawless face of a model. This was Yuki's escape. And it pleased her.
As she got dressed her eyes wondered back to the book on her bed. It was a large leather bound book. The pages, yellowed. The cover decorated with silver vines. Her eyes sparked. Perhaps.... just perhaps..she could acomplish what Sola couldn't. Maybe she could tame a beast from the shadow world. The very though gave her a rush. The rush she needed to defeat Ryo. She smerked "Tonight- tonight my sweet. I'll summon you then."said it everyday-knowing all to well that she had no intintion of summoning anything. That night - or on any other definate date. She just knew that she would.... some day. This thought filled her mind all the way to the arena where she would battle Ryo for the third time. She was positive this round would end in her victory.
She reached the arena. She took her place on the left side. Her spot and favorite place. Ryo was waiting on the opposite end. He brushed back his dark locks. "So you finally arrived - late as usual."smerked "That is my style, fashionably late."grined. She loved his smile, more than his jet black hair or deep almond eyes. Even more than his warm laugh or charming wit. She loved everything about him - thats why she couldn't let herself keep losing to him. It was her way. And thats just how she liked it. But thats exactly why she refused to use the same form of summoning. He was known for his ability to summon with items - the most difficult and powerful form of summoning. She settled with Chant summoning , the middle form- which was easier, but a little less powerful. , shall ladies go first?" Ryo asked his eyes bright.shrugged "If you insist- such a gentleman." She threw her arms out then drew her fingers together, forming a triangle. "Tona eka rema eto nefure Seryuu!" words echoed over the arena as a large blue dragon rose fom the soil. It roared writhing and intertwining within itself. giant serpent didn't seem to cause Ryo any distress, "My my - None other than the Guardian of the east. Whatever shall I do? Oh I know!" He unveiled a flute, "I summon Sony!" He shouted tossing the flute into the ring. Before it could stike the ground it was seized by and elven boy. His long silver locks and crystal blue eyes seemed to dazzle the few spectators in the seats of the arena.smerked "Guardian of the East , meet Sony , guardian of sound."stared in disbelief , Is he serious? you wish to attack first Miss Yuki?" Ryo asked bowing his head a bit.
What if I defeat him in the first bout? What would people say? Should I do it? Wait a sec - I see what he's up to! This guy must have a super defence. He's hoping I'll attack until my dragon tires so he can get the upper hand! Hah! I figured you out Ryo! Attack!" If my first attack fails I'll force him to attack , with his guard down I can finish off his elf easily!Dragon lunged forward , striking like a snake. But before it could make contact the boy brought the flute to his lips. The seemingly sweet melody formed a force field around him. Yuki gasped as Seryuu's blows simply bounced off the barely visable bubble.smile spread across Ryo's lips, "Sony Attack!!!!!"tune suddenly changed. Yuki's eyes widened as the bubble expanded slinging the dragon back. The elf's jagged melody flung the huge beast around like a rag doll.Seryuu defend!!! DEFEND!!!" She screamed.Dragon roared with effort, but only disappeared .Yuki muttered softly.judge raised his arm signaling the end of the bout. Yuki's only summon was defeated, thus she lost . Yuki , but thats how it goes." Ryo said softly patting her on the shoulder.bit her lower lip, she wanted ,so badly, to cry out . Call him a cheater. Gain her victory. But she knew. She knew , without a doubt, that the glory was rightfully his.

Yuki ploped onto her bed , with a heavy sigh. "Stupid stupid-STUPID." She drug the palms of her hands down her face. Then glanced over at the book beside her head. She shook her head, but her gaze was pulled back to it."Yeah that is how it goes...." she grined holding the book up.
Her preperations were going great. She had even prepared a cerimonial gown a few years before. She was proud to still fit in it. She sat two electric lamps beside the candels in her windowsil. This is where Sola went wrong , she figured, I won't make the same mistake. She took her place in front of the window. "Here goes everything..." she whispered before taking a deep breath. Then she began her chant. The words almost stuck in her throat as thoughts of Sola flooded her mind. What was she getting into? Was Ryo worth all this? Her mind raced as the sacred words rolled off her tongue. Then it was over. The room feel silent. She had finished the chant, but nothing seemed to be happening. Just like before. Her heart pounded in her ears, had she botched it? Or was her fate sealed already? A cold sweat ran down her forehead. Then she saw it. Movement with in her shadow. Her pulse quickened. Suddenly dozens of black arms burst out of the blackness. Flying at her. Yuki Jumped back screaming. Her elbow slammed into the windowsil knocked out both the candels and lamps. The room was completly dark. She felt the hands grabbing onto her. The claws sinking into her skin. "NO!!!!!!" She screamed. She felt herself being drug across the floor. She knew they would soon pull her into the blackness- the fluid darkness. "S-Sola..." She gaged as the hands pressed in on her throat. Suddenly she saw light. Light! It rose up from the floor. It was an oil lamp. A figure rose up with it . Gripping the handle, a cloaked figure held up the lamp. His feet reached the surface. He release the handle yet the lamp hung there still , suspended in mid air. The room feeled with shreaks and squeals. Yuki assumed it was the arms that bound her making the noise. The figure drew a sword out from underneathe the cloak and lunged forward. As the blade slided through the arms they fell to the floor and melted away. Yuki was finally able to get to her feet. She stummbled back to see that the room was empty. Only herself and the figure remained. do you want?" She asked taking a step back. The figure remained silent.are you?" She swallowed hard "Why are you here? Answer me!" She suddenly felt regret for voicing such a demand. After all this mysterious figure was well armed.summoned me here." The figure said softly.narrowed her eyes "I did?"what now?" Yuki asked "What do I do now?"recived no answer. Yuki glanced at the floating lamp "I wish we had somemore light." As the words left her lips the lights flashed on. Yuki gasped then turned to the figure. "Did - did you do that?"nodded. Yuki felt her bravery returning "Wait a sec... You did that because I wished for it huh? You did it because as a summon you have to do whatever I say! Well answer!"smiled "Okay then, Now off with the hood."figure didn't move. it!" Yuki commanded.figure slowly rasied its hands up and gripped the hem of the hood, drawing it back on to his shoulders. Yuki's eyes widened. The boy frowned "What? Not what you expected?"crossed her arms "You could say that." She muttered. His hair was brown and styled similar to her own. The eye she could see was a emerald green , that seemed to almost glow. Yuki suddenly grined , dispite his looks, Yuki had succeded.