Fan Fiction ❯ Tattoo ❯ The Awakening Part V ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, this is a tri-authored fic. This is based on characters in our life, so just give it a chance. You'll catch on very quickly. The authors are DarkerImage (obviously), Condayen, and dudekiller. We try to update as soon as possible, and the more you review, the sooner we update.
The Awakening Part V
.....................................................
10 kids are on a field trip for extra credit. They go to The T.O.W.E.R. as a place to do the extra credit assignment on. While following the guide to the master's study, the guide attracts the master's attention. The master loses his focus on the experiment he was working on, and it explodes. The master has protection, as this was expected, but the kids were not. The guide dies, and the kids were splashed, leaving them with a red mark wherever they were hit. They were all knocked unconscious.
.....................................................
 
Sarah lay wide awake in her hospital bed. It was already morning, and two weeks had passed since the explosion. When she asked a nurse about Jake, Katie, Emily, and Josh, the nurse said she didn't think they would ever wake up. There had been no improvement at all. The nurse even rudely explained that the only reason they hadn't been disconnected yet was the fact that their parents were paying a lot to keep them alive. Sarah was coming to the conclusion that everyone here was a jerk.
 
"Sarah," said a nurse, running in, "you're free to go. Now get out, you little pest. I'm not making any money from you just sitting there."
 
"I thought you said it would be another few weeks," Protested Sarah.
 
"Well, it says right here," the nurse held up a clipboard and pointed at it as if Sarah was no smarter than the stuff she scraped off her shoes, "that you're completely healed. You can stay here as a visitor and wait hopelessly for your dead friends if you want. Just remember that visiting hours end at ten you little brat."
 
Guess I was right, everyone here IS a jerk. Sarah got up, put on some sneakers and followed the nurse out. Jackie rolled over on her bed, fast asleep. I need to go see Josh, he might still make it. She knew she was fooling herself, and restrained tears. Josh and Jake were three rooms away from hers. She opened the door and crossed the short distance to Josh's bed. Josh didn't look it, but she knew he was a lot stronger than some would think. He had huge feet and hands, and if his eyes weren't closed, he would've had deep, blue eyes. His strawberry blonde hair lay flat on his forehead, but was unkempt, as always. He hated it when people thought his hair was either blonde or red. He didn't yell at them, just simply corrected them. There was a dark red mark on the back of his right hand. She grabbed his hand, and her tears fell freely onto it.
 
Josh bolted up. "Sarah?" Suddenly the lights flared and went out. Then a small orb of light appeared in front of him.
 
"Josh! It's you!" She wiped the tears from her face, and let go of his hand. That's a coincidence; he woke up as if from a short nap when I cried, not a two-week coma. And what's that orb thing?
 
"Yeah, it's me. What happened, and why are you crying?" he asked as he wiped away the remains of her tears. The orb moved and expanded so that the whole room was lit. "Nice."
 
"Well, you were in a coma," Sarah replied, completely ignoring the orb of light. "They weren't completely sure you would make it. Some said you would, others said you wouldn't. After the explosion-"
 
*~Flashback~*
The very air seemed to explode and burn. The potion (is that what it really was?) completely missed the master, even though he was right in front it. Sarah was about unintentionally become a shield for all of us. "Look out!" I cried. I grabbed her shoulder and flung her out of the way. Then the potion slammed right into Katie's face. As I grabbed her, some hit the back of my hand, and as I flung her back, she got hit on the palm of her hand. As I lost consciousness, I saw confusion, fear, and maybe, just maybe, love in her hazel eyes.
*~End Flashback~*
 
"We all got powers of some sort. Jake, Emily, and Katie are still in a coma. They say Jake and Emily won't make it, but they're going to give them a little more time because their parents are still paying the bills. Katie is still in a coma, but it's not as bad as Jake's or Emily's" As she finished, a nurse ran in.
 
"Okay," said the nurse shakily, having trouble controlling her emotions, "we have had just about enough out of all of you kids, one more weird thing and you all are going to have to leave." She looked up and noticed the orb of light, just as it winked out. There was a dull thud as something heavy collapsed. A few moments later, the lights came on. The nurse had fainted.
 
"Well, I think we should all meet. Emali can't carry you so she'll have to carry everyone else." She left the room and almost jumped for joy. Josh is alive. She went to go tell Emali to get everyone to Josh's room.
....................................
 
A few minutes later in Josh's room, everyone except Katie and Emily sat down. Jake was still in a coma in the bed across from Josh's. "First, let's all get something to drink, I'm thirsty," said Emali, getting up and going to the vending machine. Everyone gave her money and orders. She came back shortly, carrying the sodas in her arms. "Okay Josh, here's your root beer." As Josh reached for it, the can exploded and soda flew everywhere.
 
Everyone stared in shock at the shattered can and the soda that was all over the room. "Well, I guess you have more powers than just creating orbs of light Josh," observed Stacy. "We'll just figure out all your powers later." They all hurriedly returned to their rooms so only Josh would be blamed for the mess. Sarah was the last one to go back; she and Josh glanced at each other briefly, and then she left.
 
Josh lay back on his pillow. Suddenly, his view changed before him. He saw Katie and Jake standing in front of him. His view changed again. He saw Sarah crying on his shoulder. He once again saw his own room in the hospital. Was that the future? Whatever it was, I've had enough "fun" for one day. As he drifted off to sleep, he knew that Jake and Katie, at the very least, would live.
....................................
Chapter FIVE!!!!!!! Thank you everyone who's reading this right now. Please review once you're done. -Condayen
 
Anyone reading this please review    -dudekiller
 
Alright, you know the deal. Review, rate, some knowledge that you're actually alive in front of your computer. -DarkerImage