Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Love: The Teen Titans' Story. ❯ Teen Love: The Teen Titans' Story. ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Teen Love.
Chapter One: Deception.
Robin held Starfire’s hand as they sat on the roof of Titan Tower. Her hand was warm with gentle skin. Her eyes sparkled with love that he knew had been there for quite some time. He could sense someone else’s eyes watching them as they sat there, and he knew just who it was.
He had been feeling guilty since Star and he had hugged each other close after the teen titans were stranded on the planet and separated. He had tried to deny her because he had a reason to. He was already taken, and nobody knew who he really loved. He still loved her; was still with her at night when everyone was asleep.
It had been after the last sight of Slade; when Slade had gotten into Robin’s mind. She had entered to find him. And he had trusted her. He knew that there was something about Raven that intrigued him. When Slade had confronted her and she had chosen to bring him into the frozen time-zone, he had been even more intrigued.
It had been a silent love. Neither know when it started, really. But it did, and every night, she would use her powers to come into his room. And they would meditate. After a while, they gave up on concentrating, and just lay down. He would never be able to sleep. Slade haunted his dreams. But he wrapped his arms around her, amazed that something so dark could hold such warmth and be able to snuggle and fit so perfectly in his arms. He always wound up falling asleep, and by the time he woke, she would be gone and the sun would be peeking over the horizon.
Knowing what went on ever night behind closed doors made him feel incredibly guilty. There wasn’t anything dirty going on between them--- just a secret, silent love. They had kissed a few times, but that’s it.
Starfire also had a guilty conscience. There was a twisted love story going on within the Tower. She did not understand love. It was confusing… and very complicated. She still remembered when she first started her secret love…
She entered his room after his incident when he was dragged back from the past. She could tell that he was heartbroken, lovesick, and in a total different time-zone from the one he had fallen for.
“Cyborg?” She whispered into the darkened room.
“I’m not in the mood to ‘potato the couch,’ Star.” His voice cracked as it crept from the room. She entered and closed the door.
“I wish to comfort you for your loss.”
“She won the battle, so I’m okay.”
“It’s not the battle that I was talking about. You lost her to age. She is in a completely different lifetime as you, and you are alone without her love.”
“What could you possibly understand about love? You‘re still some little teenager. What could you possibly know about love?” She could almost taste the bitterness in his voice.
She spotted his glowing, red eye in the dark. She walked silently over to him and touched his hand; the hand that still could feel, the hand that still held warmth. “We love you, Cyborg. We are your friends.”
“That’s not the kind of love I’m talking about, Starfire.” He drew her hand to him, pulling her closer. “Although half of me is robotic, there is still half of me that is a man--- that has man’s needs… man’s desires…”
She knew that she needed someone there for her as well. She doubted that Robin would ever except her. She was from a different planet, and she knew that, sometime in the future, the teen titans would cease to be the teen titans. They would have to grow up soon. They were already on the path to adulthood, and there was no stopping in the path of life.
Therefore, she excepted him. As he drew her close, she drew him close. And they shared a kiss that not only was their first kiss, but defined love for both of their hearts. It had been that way every night. She would sneak to his room or he to hers, and they would just lay together, embracing each other in the silent comfort of a fort away from the world.
She felt bad now that she and Robin were… “seeing each other.” She didn’t know how Cyborg had felt. She tried to talk to him, to use their secret hand signals, but he seemed to be avoiding her.
And suddenly, she was dragged out of her thoughts by the fact that Robin and herself were experiencing a silence that was much different than the one that she and Cyborg had experienced. This silence was awkward.
“It’s getting late. Ready to go in and eat something for dinner?” Robin asked, trying to break the harsh silence. She nodded, feeling a sorrow for some reason.
I don’t understand… She thought as they stood and headed inside. I have the man I’ve always wanted. Why do I feel so bad then?