Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Love: The Teen Titans' Story. ❯ Two "Love" Birds ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Teen Love.
Chapter Two: Two “Love” Birds
Raven lay snuggled close to Robin and knew that what she was feeling was wrong. Starfire loved Robin. She didn’t deserve such a good person as her lover. But here he was. He had excepted her. And she was madly in love with him. She knew now why he feared Slade so much; they were the only two in the world who had experienced his wrath to its full extent. They could comfort each other, and were the only two who could understand each other. And they both recognized that.
“How long can we keep this up?” She whispered. It was the only time Robin heard what her voice really sounded like. He knew that he had more feelings for her than she did for Starfire. He had been with Raven for almost three months. He had been with Star for a week. He clutched her closer.
“Forever, I hope. I love you, Raven. And I need you. You help me to see past the nightmares. You help me to heal. Starfire is a beautiful girl, but she doesn’t understand how I feel. Not the way you do.” Her tension melted at this. She had never acted this way. She had always remained aloof in every kind of relationship she had. She loved feeling this way, and she wanted to feel this way all the time.
Robin didn’t know what to do. He had relaxed Raven enough so that she wouldn’t worry too much over it. But he was so confused. He loved both girls so much. Star because she was so kind-hearted and so attractive, Ray because she was the only person alive who could ever understand him. Couldn’t I just keep both? he thought as he held Raven closer. They both make me so happy, yet it’s not allowed that I have both. Satisfactions most always remain half-quenched in today’s society… He was even thinking differently from normal!
He felt Raven sigh as she nestled her head down into his shoulder. “I’m sorry that all this is happening at once. It must feel horrible to try and choose the one that you want more.” He was stunned by how right she was. “I love you, Robin. Please try and get some sleep tonight, even if events may be a bit stressful.”
Her soft voice, so ironic from the voice she spoke in during the day, seemed to lull him to peace. He spiraled into a dream-filled sleep of Starfires with Raven-powers and Ravens with Starfire-powers. He dreamed of black raven-birds perched on his shoulder and there every time he needed advice, and he dreamt of maidens dressed in purple there to rescue him from criminals like Kitten and Killer Moth. His dreams were filled with confusion and doubt, just like his waking-hours.
Starfire was no different. She had the man she loved, but she saw something in Cyborg that she had never seen before. She saw a maturity that she didn’t see in Robin. And although Cyborg wasn’t very attractive, something always drew her to helping him. She was always chosen to carry him when they led air assaults. She was always the one to make him smile. She couldn’t see why earthlings couldn’t have two lovers instead of just one.
She didn’t go to see Cyborg that night, and Cyborg didn’t come to see her either.
Maybe I should go see him, She thought when her clock struck one o’clock a.m. As she was getting ready to sneak out of her room, she heard a whispering in Robin’s room. She snuck and quietly opened his door. She couldn’t see into the pitch-black room, but she heard it. Robin was whispering to someone, but she couldn’t recognize who. It was a girl though, she could tell that. But there was no one other than Raven In the tower that was a female, and this voice was definitely not Raven’s scratchy voice. She felt such jealousy right then, that she almost stormed right in the room. But she stopped herself. She’d rather confront Robin about whatever it was. Besides, it was probably a late-night case that he could do on his own or a relative of his or---
She knew something was wrong, but she wouldn’t admit it. She continued towards Cyborg’s room. She entered quickly and silently, closing the door and leaning against it before letting out her breath in a deep sigh.
“I knew you’d come,” Cyborg’s voice came from the dark. Although she knew that he was hurting emotionally right now, she could hear his voice thick with affection; an affection for her. She groped around in the dark, found his hand, and held on tight as he pulled her into his embrace. All guilt left her as they shared a sweet kiss.