Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse ❯ Halloween ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Curse
Request Fic for Brianna
by paralleltodarkness (aka Meira)

~*~Chapter Six - Halloween~*~

Disclaimer: I don't own anybody in this story so far, everybody here is somebody from the real world (namely my school), I just changed their names to protect their privacy. But I own 'The Curse of Wings.'
The only names that I have not changed are Brianna, Kathy, and Julia.
I also do not own Yami from Yu-Gi-Oh. I just felt like putting him in the authoress notes. It's so much more fun when I get to torture somebody!

THANK YOU TO BRIANNA FOR COMING UP WITH THE IDEA AND BASIC PLOT FOR THIS STORY!

----------
Meira: Two updates in a row...
Yami: What're you so happy about?
Meira: IT'S GETTING EVEN CLOSER TO HALLOWEEN!
Yami: And you haven't even started on the Halloween in this story yet... and it's supposed to last for what... another five or six chapters?
Meira: I'm guessing four or five... I have four more major ideas to play out...
Yami: Do I get to Mind Crush somebody?
Meira: *scrolls down* Um... you're not in this Fic. It's a Non-Anime Fic. But my friends and I do get do do something fun!
Yami: And that would be...?
Meira: Read the chapter and find out! I'm not telling anyone anything anymore! ... Three 'Any's...
Yami: It's only a shame that you decided to put the disclaimer separately from the authoress notes... I liked saying the disclaimer.
Meira: You want me to cut you out entirely?
Yami: No!!! I'll shut up now.
Meira: Good idea. Anyways... Note to Brianna, Julia, Kathy: I'm not putting in all the preps... there are just too many of them... *shudders*
----------

"No power outage?" Brianna asked, looking shocked. "But that would mean..."
"We're dead, toast, SO TOTALLY FREAKED OUT," Meira said calmly. "It must have been that curse."
"How do you know?"
"Absolutely no clue," Meira shrugged. "I just assumed that this had to something to do with the curse, since it's obviously got something to do with this 'Lilith'..."
Brianna shrugged. "I guess we just won't find out..."
***
"Did you see that?" Kathy asked, looking around.
The rest of them looked around Brianna's basement.
"Noo..."
"I thought I saw something... a shadow or something."
"Shadows..." Julia shuddered. "How horrifying..."
"Reminds me of 'The Grudge'," Brianna said. "Ehhhhhhhhh..." [Meira: Those of you who saw 'The Grudge' know what I mean... It's hard to get that sound right.]
"That's just not right," Julia said shortly. "Wouldn't want to hear that coming out of my closet."
"Nobody really would," Meira said. "After all, who would want to see a little boy standing there, half naked and going 'Ehhhhhhhhhh'?"
"Did you see THAT?" Kathy asked, pointing toward a wall.
"No... the rest of them said. "What was that?"
Something flitted by them.
"I saw that," Brianna said.
"So did I," Julia said.
"Lilith..."
Something white and semi-transparent rose up in front of them.
A shapeless creature.
"AHHHHHHHH!" they screamed, running back up the stairs.
The door slammed shut behind them, as soon as they had gone through the door.
"What... was that?" Meira asked, glancing back toward the door.
"Not sure..."
"Whatever that was... it wasn't... normal."
"What do you mean?"
"It wasn't... human."
Silence ensued.
"You guys still coming over on Halloween?" Brianna asked.
"Wouldn't miss it."
***
"OUCH!" Meira shouted.
"what's up?" three heads turned toward her.
"Lesson," Meira snapped. "NEVER poke yourself in the eye with an eyeliner."
"Just like you learned on Thursday," Julia smirked. "Don't crash into overhead projectors."
Meira glared at Julia.
"Like you've never crashed into anything in your life."
Julia laughed.
"Cut it out you guys!" Brianna said. "Don't start fighting!"
"Who said we were?" Julia asked.
"We were just... expressing opposing opinions, in which Julia did not agree with me, and I did not agree with her," Meira said, choosing her words carefully. [Meira: MathWhiz100 is getting to me... I can't believe that her using big words has started to effect me... Damnit...]
"English, please?"
"That was in English! You want me to speak in Arabic instead?"
"Can you?"
"NO!"
Everybody cracked up.
Brianna was dressed as an Ice Vampiress, Kathy as a 'Person Who Didn't Know What She Was Going To Be For Halloween', Julia as a Priestess, and Meira as a goth. [Meira: That was my first choice as a costume, but my mom wouldn't let me be a goth for Halloween... something about turning goth.]
"I wonder if that guy who always wears Yu-Gi-Oh t-shirts to school will be a chibi Yami for Halloween," Julia said thoughtfully. [Meira: JUST HAD TO PUT THAT IN! Yami: Great... make fun of me again... Meira: Yup! ^-^]
"Probably'll wear a blue 'school uniform', neck belt, and dye his hair blonde, red, and black," Meira laughed. "Then put a pyramid around his neck!"
Brianna and Kathy laughed too, although not really sure why.
"We got everything?" Brianna asked. "Costumes... check... makeup... check... bags to hold candy in... check... silly string?"
"Check," Kathy said, holding up the cans of silly string.
"Then let's go!"
***
"Look," a snobbish voice said. "It's the Three Musketeers!"
Brianna, Julia, Kathy, and Meira spun around.
"There are four of us," Brianna said coldly.
"No, really?" Elissa gasped.
"One... two... five... three..." Raina said, counting. "I only got up to three!"
"It goes 'One, two, three, four'," Julia laughed.
"You know," Kathy said. "Maybe it would be easier if you just shut up and left us alone."
"What are you guys doing here?" Danella demanded. "It's not like you live here!"
"Actually," Brianna said. "I kind of do... We're kind of standing on a place called... 'my driveway' right now..."
"What are you going to do about it?" Danella asked, adjusting the wings on her fairy costume.
"One, two, three!"
Brianna, Kathy, Julia, and Meira pulled out cans of Silly String and sprayed them with the multicolored... stuff.
"Ai-yee!" they shrieked, running off.
"That was funny," Kathy laughed.
"Come on," Meira laughed. "Let's go..."
***
"What now?" Julia asked, exasperated.
"Danella, Raina, Elissa, and Geena the Giraffe," Meira whispered. "They're standing by us... guess they're out for revenge."
"It's only six fifteen!" Julia yelled, checking her watch. "There's no way they can come back for revenge in only half an hour!"
"They're preps," Kathy shrugged. "They do that kind of stuff."
"Where's your silly string now?" Danella asked, a sense of hubris around her.
"Here," Brianna said, plunging her hand into her candy bag.
The preps shrieked in horror.
"You guys are so gullible!" Julia laughed.
Danella, Raina, Elissa, and Geena glared at them.
"I dare you to shut up!" Geena snapped.
"Well, I'll complete your dare if you do one thing," Meira said.
"What?"
She thought for a minute.
"You and your friends go into that house!" Kathy, Brianna, Julia, and Meira said in unison.
"You mean that haunted one?"
"Yup," Brianna smirked.
"Fine," Elissa said, holding up her head. "There's nothing bad about that house anyways."
"Riight," Meira smirked.
***
"It's been half an hour," Julia said, glancing toward the house. "Shouldn't they be out by now?"
"Guess they're having too much fun inside," Kathy shrugged.
"Hey," Brianna called. "You guys in there?"
"HELP!" a voice that sounded awfully like Raina called. "WE CAN'T GET OUT!"
"Shit!" Meira cursed. "It's either they're fooling us, or it's that 'Curse of Wings'."
"What?!"
"There's definitely something wrong," Brianna whispered, glancing toward the house, where more cries of anguish were heard. "They don't sound like they're faking it."
"Lilith..." a voice hissed.
The four friends looked around in fear.
"C'mon," Meira hissed. "Let's go back to your house... maybe we can find out something there."
"How?" Kathy asked. "We've tried every search engine on the internet."
"Oh, we're not going to use the internet," Meira said grimly.
"Then how?"
"We're going to talk to the spirits themselves."

----------
Meira: SHIT! ANOTHER SHORT, CRAPPY CHAPTER!
Yami: You got that right...
Meira: That just ruined my mood...
Yami: But didn't you get creeped out when you were writing this?
Meira: *nods* I hate curses... Only another three major ideas to play out now...
Yami: Well, what did you mean, 'We're going to talk to the spirits themselves'?
Meira: Oh, you'll find out...
Yami: You aren't going to go to a cemetary, are you?
Meira: We might... it all depends on what inspiration I get, and in what hurry I'm in to write!
Yami: So... you're not a perfectionist?
Meira: Hardly! I don't even proofread before I post! I just have MathWhiz100 beta read!
Yami: ... Well, now we know why your stories are crap...
Meira: *sweatdrop* Please read and review! Flames will be flamed right back!
Yami: Meira saw 'The Grudge' today! She was so scared when she went back home to get her stuff (she's going to a sleepover) that she refused to go to her own room AND the basement!
Meira: THEY DIDN'T NEED TO KNOW THAT!
Yami: Riiight...
Meira: ... Brianna says hi.