Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse ❯ S¨¦ance ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Curse
Request Fic for Brianna
by paralleltodarkness (aka Meira)

~*~Chapter Seven - S¨¦ance~*~

Disclaimer: I don't own anybody in this story so far, everybody here is somebody from the real world (namely my school), I just changed their names to protect their privacy. But I own 'The Curse of Wings.'
The only names that I have not changed are Brianna, Kathy, and Julia.
I also do not own Yami from Yu-Gi-Oh. I just felt like putting him in the authoress notes. It's so much more fun when I get to torture somebody! ^-~
Um... I also do now own the 'Seal of Orichalcols' from Yu-Gi-Oh. I just put it in to lighten the mood.

I've taken instances from real life and used them in this chapter. Brianna and I really did hold a s¨¦ance, as do my friends and I do the things that we did in this fic.

THANK YOU TO BRIANNA FOR COMING UP WITH THE IDEA AND BASIC PLOT FOR THIS STORY!

----------
Meira: 'Ehhhhhhh...'
Yami: Mimicking 'The Grudge' AGAIN?!
Meira: *yelling incoherently*
Yami: Meira's furious because she's only thirteen and her dad's already ranting on her about COLLEGE... He even found a tutor to make her writing better.
Meira: I like wordy sentenes and incorrect spelling.
Yami: Another reason why you hate spell check.
Meira: And my beta reader.
Yami: That's your sister...
Meira: Exactly. And sorry for the long time no updates...
Yami: Yup. It's about time that you updated...
Meira: Had to decide... it was a tough call.
Yami: -_-
----------

"What do you mean by "talking to the spirits themselves"?"
"Easy - S¨¦ance. Brianna and I held one on Friday, it was fun." Meira replied. "Though it was scary..."
"I second that," Brianna said. "Meira ran from the room screaming..."
"You did too!" Meira shot back, her face flushing.
"Well... I'll admit that..."
"You'd better."
Julia, Meira, and Brianna laughed, but Kathy frowned.
"What's up?"
"I just remembered..." Kathy said slowly. "Isn't it that during a s¨¦ance, a person gets possessed by the spirit that they're trying to contact? With something like 'automatic writing' or just speaking through that person?"
The other three gulped.
"Well..." Brianna spoke up, breaking the silence. "As long as we're all willing to be possessed, then there we won't have to be worried about anything."
"Then let's head back to your house," Julia suggested. "The sooner we start, the sooner we can get this over with and save the preps..."
***
"Okay, so we all sit in a circle..." Brianna said, kneeling on the rug and lighting a candle. "And then we have to focus."
"Ten candles should be enough for a s¨¦ance, right?" Julia asked, counting the candles. "After all... this is just an ameteur one, not a real one."
"Where's your Ouija Board?" Kathy asked, coming into the room. "I asked your mom and she said that she didn't know."
"Um... I'll go get it," Brianna said, jumping to her feet. "Can't have a s¨¦ance unless there's an Ouija board too, and Meira, don't get technical."
"I wasn't!" Meira said. "I'm just wondering... what will happen if one of us really gets possessed?"
Everybody fell silent.
"Well... let's just hope that doesn't happen," Brianna said quietly, and left the room to get the Ouija Board.
The rest of them sat in silence until Brianna came back with the Ouija Board.
"Okay, let's start this thing," Kathy muttered. She set the Ouija Board in the center, and placed the planchette on it. "We're ready now."
"Now, we all sit in a circle, and put our hands like this," Brianna said, turning one palm upwards and one facing downwards. "Then we close our eyes and concentrate." They all closed their eyes, and focused hard on the Ouija board.
"Spirits of the underworld... please hear us," Brianna said in a low, eerie voice. "We wish to contact you... we have gone over thousands of years in these parallel worlds... Please listen to us..."
Silence.
"Please... tell us about this 'Curse of Wings'... Please... We beg you..."
Silence.
"Well, that was a waste of time," Meira said, throwing up her hands. "It didn't work!"
"Not neccessarily," Brianna argued. "Let's check the Ouija Board."
Kathy and Brianna placed their fingers on the planchette. "Hello? Is anybody there?" The planchette didn't move at all.
"See?" Meira asked impatiently.
"No," Brianna replied. "It just might not be answering right now... maybe we can try again later."
"Later?" Kathy asked. "Later might be too late."
"Let's review what we have on the curse right now," Brianna said. "We know that it's been going on for a while now... but what else is there?"
"Well... the earliest report of this was five hundred years ago," Kathy added. "So obviously this is an old curse."
"It might have been a different curse," Meira argued. "When it's that long... then we don't know."
"Meira's right," Brianna said. "It's difficult to tell..."
"Everything's so complicated," Meira muttered. "I mean... who knew that this world was so strange?"
"Everybody besides the preps," Brianna replied. "What else?"
Meira, Kathy, and Brianna laughed.
"What do you think?" Kathy asked, turning to Julia. "About the curse, I mean?"
Julia was silent.
"Hello?" Meira asked, waving her hand in front of Julia's face. "You in there?"
No answer.
"Julia, you okay?" Brianna asked.
"The end has come," Julia said in a voice that was not her own. It was an eerie... harsh voice.
"What?!" Meira, Brianna, and Kathy asked in unison.
"The end has come... You will be cursed... The Guardian's Seal shall envelop all of you... the entire world is at stake..." Julia said, in the same voice.
"What are you talking about?"
"The Guardian's Seal has existed for many millennia... we are all doomed..."
"..."
"The Chosen Ones will rise and save this earth... but at a terrible price..."
"And that is supposed to mean...?"
"There is one way to defeat this seal... But only one..."
"..."
"There is one chance every five hundred years... this year marks the twenty five hundredth year that the seal has existed..."
"?"
"You... must... rescue..."
Julia toppled over.
"Julia!" Kathy, Brianna, and Meira shrieked, racing over to her, but careful not to trip over the candles.
"What?" Julia asked, getting up. "What just happened?" She looked around to see the shocked, stunned faces of her friends, and frowned. "Why are you guys acting like this?"
"You were just..." Meira replied, struggling to find the right words. "Acting all weird and saying something about a seal..."
"Not The Seal of Orichalcols..." Julia groaned. "I wouldn't mention that!"
"No... 'The Guardian's Seal' or something like that..."
"What?!"
"You said the Guardian's Seal had existed for a long time... and that there was one way to rescue the earth... you were talking a lot of nonsense."
"That might not be nonsense," Brianna whispered. "It might be information on 'The Curse of Wings'... but we didn't realize it."
"Let's check your computer," Kathy suggested, and the four of them rose to their feet.
Two figures appeared in the window, and emitted a grotesque sound.
"AAHHH!" they screeched, grabbing cans of silly string, cartons of eggs, and in Julia's case - rolls of toilet paper. They raced outside, and ran toward the figures, spraying at them with Silly String.
"Hey!" one of the figures shouted. It sounded oddly familiar...
"What are you doing?!" the other shouted. This voice too, sounded familiar.
"Take that!" Brianna shouted, spraying more silly string, and meanwhile throwing an egg at them. The others joined in, randomly throwing a roll of toilet paper at them, which would get stuck to the Silly String and the egg, so soon, these figures were nothing but a mess.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!" the figure screeched, pulling off his mask.
"ALEX?!" the girls asked, stunned. "And Mike too... What are you guys doing here?"
"It's Halloween," Mike said, exasperated. "We thought that we'd come and scare you. Though Julia already did that... that voice was awesome, how'd you do that?"
Julia death glared them. "Don't you guys... ever... do that again..."
"Who's going to stop us?" Alex laughed. "Four girls?"
"And a pool," Meira added. The two boys looked at her like she was crazy. "Just goes to show," she said sweetly. "That intelligence is only evident in females."
"What?"
"Go!" Kathy shouted.
Julia, Brianna, Kathy, and Meira shoved the boys, regardless of the sticky stuff that was staining their hands. Alex and Mike stumbled backwards, tripped over a hose, and landed in the pool.
"What did you do that for?" Mike asked when he had reemerged from the water. He and Alex were struggling to get out of the water.
"For scaring us," Julia spat. "It was all your fault!"
"Well, you didn't have to spray us!"
"Riight..."
The boys froze.
"What's going on?" Kathy asked, looking around.
Everything had become suddenly black and white.
"I don't know..." Meira replied slowly. "What has happened?"
Brianna felt something place a hand on her shoulder, and she spun around.
A piercing scream broke the silence.

----------
Meira: It was funny - I asked Brianna, Julia, and Kathy which one of us should be possessed. Julia during English, Brianna during Spanish, and Kathy before lunch. Julia said Brianna, Brianna said Julia, and Kathy said Julia after some deliberation.
Yami: Guess Julia was mad...
Meira: Damn right. But I told Kathy about what's going to happen, and it's going to be shocking.
Yami: And that would be...?
Meira: Not saying anything!
Yami: ... So... what's with 'The Guardian's Seal'?
Meira: You'll find out next chapter!
Yami: ... R&R, flamers will be torched, and flames will be used to torch Meira so she'll make me dinner!
Meira: *ahem* Flames will be used to burn Yami bald...
Yami: *runs from room*
Meira: ^-^