Fan Fiction ❯ The Final Crusade ❯ All's Well That Ends well ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The world cheered as Jon was crowned High priest of the gods. He would lead the world from behind the scenes.
--------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
"Shay!"
"What dear?"
"Why is there a Totoro sitting on our bed?"
Shay does a double take and looked into their room. "Which? The live one or the stuffed one?" After she thought over what she just said she did another double take and looked again. Sure enough, sitting on the bed was the seventeen inch stuffed egg with a egg-shaped tail, little arms that ended in rounded paws with four claws, little bumps on the bottom with four claws and little arrow-shaped ears. Its white chest was decorated with marks that looked like boomerangs. That was normal. The strange thing was the nearly twenty-foot-tall by nine-foot-wide version of it that sat next to it. It took up nearly the whole bed.
Jon walked into the room. "Excuse me, Mister Totoro, how did you get in here and why?" He smiled.
The big furry egg shaped thing made some gestures with its paws and made some growls.
Shay looked confused. Jon understood him perfectly. "He said he came to congratulate me and to check up on Totoro."
This made Shay even more confused. "But he is Totoro."
"He means Our NekoBasu. "
As if he heard them talking about him, the blue furry creature darted into the room and bowled over the large Toto. They started a back and forth conversation made up of deep growls from the Totoro and little meows and squeaks from the NekoBasu that Jon barely understood.
When they finished, Shay Asked, "What did they Say?"
Jon smiled brightly and said, "Apparently, our pet is the leader of the NekoBasu."
Jon smiled and threw himself at the Totoro and the large beast caught him. "Its been a long time, old friend."
The large creature nodded. "The time has come for magic to return to the world." Shay was surprised when the creature which had previously only speaking in grunt speaking in perfectly understandable English.

Jon summoned the WingKey and strapped it to his back. He then picked Shay in his arms and warped.

When the world came back into focus, she was in a place she had never been before. The walls were made of crystal and there was a what looked like a key hole and surrounding it were two indents, one that looked like a scarab and the other like a solar disk flanked by two snakes. Suddenly Ra and Thoth appeared right next to Jon. He handed each of them a package. The pulled out the pendants they wore around their necks, a half scarab on Thoth and half of a solar disk on Ra. The package that Jon handed them was the other halves and they completed their pendant.

"One of the first things the beast does when he arrives on a new planet is to seal all the magic on the planet. This is the seal chamber. With Totoro's help we have found a way to break the seal."
"But if you have had this the whole time, why didn't you do it earlier?" Shay looked confusedly at her husband.
"Because the Beast kept supplying energy to the seal and would have blocked our attempts to break it."
"Oh. I guess that makes sense."
While the two had been talking, Thoth and Ra had completed their keys and placed them in the slots. After this a clear shield of energy over the key hole became visible and then disappeared.
"Shay, stand behind me if you would?" Shay did as she was told and Jon held out the WingKey and aimed it at the key hole. A blue lance of energy shot from the point of the WingKey and fired into the Key hole. When the beam entered the key hole, Jon grabbed Shay in his arms and warped, Thoth and Ra hot on his heels. If they had stayed they would have been subject to a massive blast of magic energy and the subsequent collapse of the pocket dimension that held the room. As it was, they escaped with not only their lives, but massively increased powers.


Shay and Jon returned to their house and played with Totoro, the king of the NekoBasu, then went to bed. Ra and Thoth returned to their homes and also went to sleep.


??