Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten ❯ Siren ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes: Alrighty then, 27 readers and one review. This fic is goin better than my 13 ghosts one… but then again not very many people like that movie…. Oh well.
 
Reviews:
 
deathscoldkiss: Hey, man! Thanks for reviewing! Don't be so hard on yerself, at least I like yer writing. The tacos are wonderful aren't they? Thanks for the compliments and if you ever call from Jordan's house again I'll hurt you real bad. That was a frightening experience.
 
…..
 
Now on with the second chapter!
 
 
 
 
The Forgotten
 
Chapter Two: Siren
 
 
Aang ran ahead of Sokka with Katara in his arms, using strong gusts of wind to keep the Fire Nation Soldiers at bay. Katara was injured. An arrow had pierced her side and she wasn't faring well. The added pressure of running from Zuko's men had stressed all of them out.
 
The trio crashed into a clearing, the boy trying desperately to catch their breath as Katara had passed out. Aang and Sokka jumped and spun around as two figures entered the clearing.
 
“Come with me now, Avatar,” Zuko demanded, angry and annoyed at the boy.
 
Aang frowned, “Katara's injured. She needs help.”
 
“Aang isn't going anywhere with you, Hothead!” yelled Sokka.
 
Zuko growled and got into a fighting stance as Sokka readied his boomerang. As the flames and weapon were set loose a dark figure leapt into the line of fire.
 
No one moved as they stared at the tall, black-clothed figure. A black cloak and hood hid them from view, the hood only showing their face from the nose down. A gloved hand had caught the boomerang; the other had calmly sent Zuko's fireball into the nearby spring.
 
They gazed at the intruder in shock, taking in his features. He was tall; Zuko would only have come just above his cheekbone. The small amount of flesh that was showing was tan. His entire body was covered in black; the only skin showing was his lower face and neck.
 
“What is the meaning of this? Who are you?” demanded Zuko. The man turned to him and appeared to be sizing him up. Immediately the banished prince went to summon flames but his uncle gripped his wrist tightly pulling the boy to his knees.
 
“Zuko! Stop that immediately!” Iroh's voice was harsh; something the teen wasn't used to. “Have some respect for the Bloody Siren!”
 
The figure turned and looked at the general, who smiled sheepishly at him, “She is an old friend.”
 
“Iroh?” the person asked; her voice was soft and calming. Her question was more of a statement.
 
The old man bowed and the Siren just nodded then turned to survey the other teens. Aang looked up at her in shock.
 
“You're the Beast!” blurted Sokka; his reply was merely another nod. He leapt away as the dark clothed woman walked towards them and yelled at Aang to move. Siren stopped just in front of the Air bender and held out her arms. Aang looked up, trying to see beneath the hood for a second, before gently handing her Katara.
 
In her weakened sate, Katara felt the shift and roused slightly from the black oblivion of unconsciousness. She let out a confused cry and tried desperately to get out of those cool arms. Soft words were spoken, one she couldn't understand… but she felt calm and at ease suddenly in the arms of the stranger.
 
Iroh watched as Siren's image blurred and, to the teens, disappeared. “I wonder if she was that fast when she took me,” the old fire bender mused.
 
“Uncle?” asked Zuko in confusion.
 
“Well, come along boys. Siren will surely give us a place to eat and sleep,” without another word he wandered off through the trees.
 
Sokka looked at Zuko who had an exasperated and confused look on his face. “Is your uncle crazy?”
 
Zuko turned to the water tribe boy with an odd look. “Sometimes I wonder that myself.”
 
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chapter two was short… sorry… Hope you liked it anyway. I'm workin on the third chapter right now ^_^ It should be up either later today or tomorrow.
 
Thanks for reading this far,
 
-StraitJacket