Fan Fiction ❯ The legend of Zelda, the king of thieves. ❯ The Search for the stones ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The legend of Zelda, the king of thieves.
 
Chapter one: The search for the stones.
 
 
In the sacred land of Hyrule, there once was a man so evil, he had to be locked away forever. This is his story.
 
It all began one night when a group of thieves returned from their “hunt”. They had robbed a strange merchant from a foreign country, and had brought the loot back to their fortress.
The fortress was inhabited by only females. They were called the Gerudos. However, there was one male Gerudo. The leader of them all, Ganondorf. The rumour went that he was raised by two witches. As the thieves showed off their bounty, one particular book peaked Ganondorf's interest. It was old and torn, but he somehow could not resist reading it. And so he sat, locked away in his room, day in, day out, reading that same book. As the other Gerudos grew worried, he concentrated on one single poem:
"In a realm beyond sight,
The sky shines gold, not blue.
There, the Triforce's might
Makes mortal dreams come true."
 
After 3 years of reading and researching, he knew what it meant. The Triforce was a relic left by the goddesses who created Hyrule. It was Power, Wisdom and Courage, perfectly in balance. And the Realm beyond sight had to be the Sacred Realm. If Ganondorf could get his hands on that might, he could rule Hyrule. But to get to the Sacred realm, he needed 5 things.
The 3 sacred stones, the song of time, and the Ocarina of time. He knew that the royal family was in possession of the last two. The 3 sacred stones lay scattered throughout Hyrule.
And so Ganondorf set out on a quest to find the 3 stones. He found the first one very easily.
 
As he entered the Village of the Gorons, high on death mountain, The stone lay right before him, on a platform suspended above the ground. As he tried to make his way to the stone, he was stopped by a large Goron called Darunia, who didn't want to give him the stone.
“Very well” Ganondorf said. “If I cannot have the stone, you cannot have food.”
And he blocked to entrance to Dodongo's cavern, where the Goron's food supply was.
Still Darunia refused to give him the stone.
 
Ganondorf knew that it was only a matter of time before the Gorons would give in, and he left to find the second stone. His search led him to Kokiri forest. Here lived the Kokiri, small children who were guarded by the Deku tree. The Deku tree was an old wise being, who was sure to know where the second stone was hidden. Ganondorf tried to trick the tree into telling him, but the tree recognised him for what he really was. Ganondorf had no other choice but to curse the tree. Still, it would not tell him the location of the stone.
Furious, Ganondorf left the forest, and decided he should start winning the Royal family's trust.