Fan Fiction ❯ The Misadventures of Tsuki and Nikko ❯ Pictures ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Episode 7: Pictures

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO! NO! NO! I FLAT OUT REFUSE TO LET ANYONE TAKE MY PICTURE!" screamed Nikko as she hurled herself towards the safety of a locked bathroom.

"Nikko you promised that you would behave just once and let me take your picture! Come on, you agreed to help me try out the ‘portrait’ function on my new camera," yelled Tsuki who was chasing Nikko down the hall with a cute light blue flowery dress.

"Yeah, but I didn't think you'd actually make me do this!" squealed Nikko as she finally reached her destination. Tsuki screeched to a halt outside the door, grabbed the knob just before the click of the lock was heard. Nikko had succeeded in creating sanctuary. (T: isn’t that wrong grammar? A: no. she created a safe place. Just trust me on this. T: *rolls eyes* whatever)

"Come on! I promise it won’t kill you. All I want to do is get a cute picture of you and prove to you what the rest of the world already knows: you are cute. Are you going to let your best friend—your TWIN SISTER—down?" asked Tsuki very melodramatically as she slumped down against the wall outside the bathroom.

"That's a very good possibility at the moment," replied Nikko from inside the bathroom. Tsuki suspected that Nikko was sweatdropping.

"I’ll wear her down yet! That shouldn’t be too hard either, especially since I’m the queen of B.S." thought Tsuki. (A: I am the ultimate queen of B.S. If anyone doubts me, they need to take a look at all my IB exams!! T: *rolls eyes* on with the story)

"Please?!" asked Tsuki with a sugary tone.

"No!"

"Why not?" pouted Tsuki.

"Because I don't like having my picture taken!"

"Fine! Do what you want! See if I care! See if I ever do anything nice for you again," started Tsuki.

"You call this doing something nice?!"

"Fine! Whatever! I thought we were best friends! But nooooooo! You won’t even let me take one cute picture of you! I see how it is!"

"No! No! No! Before you even start with the guilt trip. Stop. I'm not gonna do the picture and that's final."

"But-"

"If you ever want another school paper printed out you will not take my picture. And you know it’s true because you don’t have a printer at school and you also know that the printer here will screw up on you unless I come in and set it straight. So—if you ever want to see another one of your school papers again, you will NOT take my picture. Now I'm coming out of the bathroom to go to my hole where I’ll sit for a while and probably hide from you. IF YOU TAKE THE PICTURE I PROMISE YOU THAT I WILL LIVE UP TO MY THREAT!" shrieked Nikko unlocking the door.

"There's no way I'm gonna let you get away that easily. I'll just get someone else to print it out for me. I want a cute picture of her! I guess I’ll just have to forego the outfit," thought Tsuki determinedly as she crouched into position, camera on and aimed at the door.

Just as Nikko was walking out of the door, there was a bright flash. Nikko didn't see Tsuki running down the hall thanks to a plague of temporary blindness.

~*~ A WEEK LATER ~*~

"Nikko please get it to work!" wailed Tsuki from the computer room. It was time for another school paper and the printer wasn’t cooperating—just as Nikko predicted.
"No!" grinned Nikko from her niche in front of the television. "I keep my threats! You were the one who told me to not make any empty threats! ‘Never make any threats you don’t intend on carrying out!’ you told me. So neeeeehhhh," taunted Nikko.

"Yeah, yeah. Just shut up and hand over your monster then," squealed Tsuki from the door of the living room as she lunged at a big black ball of fat and fur.

"No! You may not use my precious puppy as a solution to your curse of electronic jinxes!" whined Nikko as she began to chase Tsuki around in another bat of fits.

After a few hours of wrestling that some fans would have paid good money to see, the girls finally settled down in front of a glowing screen—Nikko in front of the T.V. and Tsuki in front of her least favorite technological hunk of metal, glass and plastic, otherwise known as a computer.

"Nikko! You still haven’t helped me make the printer cooperate!!" howled Tsuki.

"You still haven’t learned your lesson yet, have you?"

"What lesson?" replied Tsuki.

A loud thump could be heard as a brown-headed girl fell out of her lazy-boy chair in disbelief.