Fan Fiction ❯ The Rise of Oni-Mitsuko ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~Chapter 6~

Ivy suddenly finds herself with a splitting headache and in a hospital bed. She turns her head and finds a sandy haired, bandaged girl in a bed by her.
“I hope Oni-Mitsuko is gone forever now...”
She hears a door open and a nurse comes in with a hot meal for Ivy.
“How are you feeling, Miss Iverson?”
“Other than this headache, I’m good. How did I live anyway? I fell out of a three story apartment,” replied ivy.
“I’ll get you some aspirin,” she pulls out a packet of aspirin and continues, “it’s quite amazing, really...you little friend over there seems to be doing okay too...kids, why do they always fight? Well, forget about my nagging and enjoy your lunch. I‘ll check up on you later,”
Ivy takes her aspirin when the nurse comes back and says cheerfully, “Well, what a surprise, you have a visitor.”
When Ivy saw who it was her tears welled up and she sobbed of joy. She saw those lovely hazel green eyes, that angelic red-brown...it had to be Rosa.
Ivy instantly sat up, “ You’re alive! I’m so happy...I thought you gone forever.”
Rosa smiled sweetly, “I guess I’m not gone...thanks to your prayer, I’m alive and well. How are you two? Err... I hope not three.”
Mitsuko made a noise signaling that she was awake, “I’m alive, good, and not an oni. You know what? When we get out of here, let’s hit a spa. These hospitals aren’t really luxurious if you know what I mean.”
“I hear you,” said Rosa gleefully.
“Mitsuko, you have a visitor too,” Ivy said.
Jay Chiasu came in with a vase of gardenias. Then he said with his sexy, soft voice, “I heard the whole thing, Mitsuko. Are you all right?”
Mitsuko sighed, “ For the last damn time, yes!!! All the doctors ask me that...the people in jail ask me that...yes, I’m not an oni and I’ll never be one...nor am I mental...sorry...oh, are those lovely gardenias for me?”
Jay gave them to her and said, “Yep. Now that you’re all right...I meant to call you to talk to you about your split personality. You can destroy the oni inside you if you have true friends to help and guide you and if your spirit is willing to...there...happy?”
“Sorry, bud...you’re a little late. I already know that...hey Jay?”
“Yeah?”
“Come here,”
Jay came closer and Mitsuko kissed him on the cheek and whispered to him, “Thanks...you’ve helped me a lot.”
Jay rapidly got up and started “rubbing off” the kiss and said, “Ugh, no problem, I’ll be leaving now...maybe next time, we can be cellmates.”
Mitsuko crossed her arms, “Whatever...”
“Cellmates? As in jail?” Ivy asked.
Mitsuko replied sarcastically, “No Ivy...as in the zoo, of course in jail...but in the meantime... I don’t feel like going to jail...I really feel like getting some sleep, so go away now,” and she sank back into bed.
“I better be going too, see you at the apartment, bye y’all!” and Rosa took her purse and walked out.
“This’ll be a day I’ll never forget...who would have thought Mitsuko was a demon anyway? Ohh...my headache’s coming back...” and Ivy sunk back into bed too.