Fan Fiction ❯ The Silver Wolves ❯ Rude Awakaning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One old misty morning Prince Albriech awoke and walked out upon his balcony. “Mmmmmmmmm it is going to be a lovely day!” he said in a soft whisper to himself. Then he herd a knock on the door. “Prince, Prince are you awake?” said the voice from the other side of the door. “Yes, what is it you want at this hour?” said the prince in a harsh yet pleasant voice. “Your father, King Uther, is asking for you in the war chamber,” said the guard. “Tell him I will be there in a New York minute.” The Prince rushed to get dressed then took off with a flash. Moments later he arrived in the war room
 
“Father you called?” asked Albriech.
“Yes son it is dire. It seems that the orcs are on the move again” said King Uther.
“I thought they were pushed back for good last battle” said the prince.
“Yes but it seems that they have a new commander his name is Mongo Bumbleroot he is a fierce Mountain giant who doesn't take no for an answer” said the king, “he is move a large army of orcs to take the city of Faerun. I want you to assemble a group and go help Faerun and show the orcs who is boss” said the king.
“I will not fail you father” said the prince, “I will suit up and be on my way.”
The prince left the room to head to his room and suit up. The prince slipped into his plate mail, picked up his sword, and slid it into his scabbard. Then he looked in the mirror.
He thought to himself “This is my test to prove I am a real knight” Then he grasped the pendent around his neck and said “If only mother was here to see this.”
 
You see about 4 years ago Albriech's mother was killed in an orcish raid on the capital city of Dragonlance. All he had left of here was the silver wolf head pendent around his neck. It meant everything to him.
 
He packed his bag and on they went to assemble a group and aid Faerun and push the orcs back.