Fan Fiction ❯ The Ties That Bind ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The real world as seen by the masses is a lie. Few know the truth of reality. These few fight to keep the lie sacred and the nameless safe. They are known simply as the Knights. What each individual Knight stands for or calls themselves varies from nation to nation yet they are found within all of the lands of men. They hunt the myths and legends the innocent refuse to know of or believe in any longer. These lone fighters lay down their lives without question or acknowledgement beyond the fulfillment of their own duty or demands of their own honor.
The one true thing that defines the life of every Knight, young and old, is an existence spent following the Code. The Code originates within the time before time, back to the very beginning of us all. Legend says the Code was given to the first of all Knights, Simon, by the Archangel Gabriel before Cain killed their brother known as Abel. Simon wore his weapon at his side and held the Code within his heart when he went out to hunt the abomination Cain became. So it has been written and handed down, generations upon end.
As sacred as the Code is to all Knights, there are those that Break with it and its traditions. For these Knights known only as the Forsaken, there are fates worse than death waiting at the hands of their brethren. The Forsaken look for the gods above to have mercy upon them for the Knights will not.


A/N: I am so learning how to even upload things to this site. Bear with me. *smiles*
Chapter 1 coming post haste.