Fan Fiction ❯ The Young Heart ❯ Battle of the Heart ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Young Heart

By Trance

It is almost the end of junior year this High School and I finally pass the third long year. Let me tell you first hand that the three years wasn't pretty good or wasn't bad, it was more the like in the middle. The thing that made it almost good was that I came from a middle high-class family. With so much money coming in I just give some money to people who I thought are my friends.

The thing that made it almost bad is that I had a crush on a girl for four long years. Hey, what can I say? Every time I try to talk to her, she short-circuits my brain with her beauty. I want to talk to her but nothing that makes sense comes out of my mouth. It would be easier if I didn't tell her that I like her, so she doesn't know what the hell I was trying to do. What I think is that she is toying my mind to see how far I can go to have her.

I want her to know that she is all of my life and couldn't live without her. I already written to her how I feel, but it seems that isn't enough. I may not be a good talker but I make up for it in writing. Since writing is not enough, I guess it haves to be from my own words, but the question is what I will say and how will she reacts.

"Are you done writing and talking to yourself," someone said.

I look up to see my good friend Michael who I met during the beginning of the year. He is looking at me wondering what I was doing. I then notice that I was in the cafeteria with people getting lunch and chatting.

"Was I talking out loud?" I said as he just looks at me. I didn't wait for him to answer, "hopefully nobody except you heard me."

"So-did you finish your story?" Michael said cheerfully.

"No, I thought I told you last time that it will take me about couple of years to get it done. You know that I am trying to make it the best story in history," I said with confidence.

"Only if you publish it," Michael jokes.

"I want to complete all of the parts before publishing it," I said leaning back stretching my arms.

"So, are we go to the courts," Michael finally suggested.

"No, I got things that I must do," I said doing our handshake.

"Alright, I see you tomorrow, yo," Michael said standing up.

"Later homie," I said looking down to a piece of paper. I reread it and cuss at myself, "damn, another love letter what was I thinking."

Let me tell you about me love life. Before I move to this city I was in love with this girl name Corrine. We started out by her following me everywhere in school and also sitting down next to me. I was young and didn't' know how to react until she said she haves a crush on me. I was so naïve back then and after she told me her secret we were always seen holding hands.

Enough with the past and it pains me to remember but now it is my turn to be the one who haves a crush. The difference between Corrine and me is that I am not brave enough to tell the person that I like, how I feel. Afraid of being turn down by a girl that I have like for a long time ignoring all the rest.

I'm not afraid anymore today is the day that I will tell her how I feel and when I'm done with her, she can't possibly say no. I am fully capable of handling something at this magnitude, something that I can't afford to hold back. Today I wake up as an seventeen year old would and go to sleep thinking that I did something that I should done long time ago.

It is now or never, the day had finally arrived, the moment cannot go away, and nothing can stop me. All I need to do is find her and tell her exactly how I feel. If things go my favor then I go to sleep a happy teenager and if it doesn't go the way I plan then at least I gotten an answer.

I stand up with heavenly lights beaming down on me as my moral is up, but suddenly the bell rang and everybody began to leave already. The lights vanish as I have a blank face like I had lost everything because I spent most of my lunchtime in the cafeteria and not searching for the girl. Damn, this can't be happening to me. I may have lost today's battle but the war is just starting.

Several minutes had pass and I am walking to my fifth period English class that is on the other side of school. I walk slowly and proud of what I am about to accomplish and I never look forward to talk to someone but she is a special case. I was almost to my class until she appears walking to my direction. My mind froze up quickly not letting me retaliate and I began to sweat but only noticeable close up.

We were about to pass each other, I was about to stop her to tell her how I feel and said, "hi." That was the only thing out of my mouth and she said, "hi" back. We pass each other like nothing really happened. I then began cussing at myself once I got my body under control.

I stop as another battle is lost but the war is still raging on. She still has to pass my sixth period class to get to her class and that's where I make I move. I still have a chance before school finally ends along with the war. I must think of something that takes her off her feet and into the world beyond.

"Yo, David. What are you doing?" somebody familiar said to me.

The light that is appearing around me disappears as I shake my head and then turned around seeing one of my best friends, TJ. He is Black and Japanese, an eighteen-year-old senior who is quite small for his age. I treat him with great respect as a friend and also share ideas from the story I am creating.

"What up man, I…I…I was-…thinking about my story, and some other stuff," I said trying to think of something.

"Man, you always into that story yo, I wouldn't be surprise if you become extremely famous," TJ said doing our own style handshake.

"You know me, always coming up with new crazies ideas for my story," I said going along with the topic that I had picked.

"As long you remember me when you do become famous yo."

"I thought we are going to Japan together so you can help me publish it."

"Oh yeah, I remember now. Until then good luck yo."

"Yeah, sure, I need luck," I said doing our handshake and walking off in opposite direction.

Almost an hour later fifth period ends and I still don't have anything to say to her. I walk with another friend heading toward our sixth period class down the row of buildings. We didn't say anything as I was still thinking what should I do. We reached our sixth period class, I then let him go on the ramp and go through the door first as I was deep in thought. When I got inside, I put my stuff down, walk out of the class and leaned onto the railing.

I turn my head to the direction that she always come watching people walk pass. Eventually she finally comes and right when she is walking pass me I try to say something but didn't as she is too busy talking to her friends. Another battle is lost and the school day is almost out, what a kid in love got to do. I walk back into class before the tardy bell because I didn't' want to write any more sentences.

At the end of the period the final bell rang and it is time to go home, so I pack up my stuff quick and run out of the room. I run down the ramp but stop as I almost ran into somebody. I then realize it was her and it now felt like it was just the two of us in the world with the heavenly lights around us.

I look at her but didn't turn away because my eyes are now lock with hers. There isn't anybody in this whole entire planet could stop me now from telling her my feelings. This is it, the time has arrived and now everything is in its place. Everything that I ever done in my life led me here, and now I'm not gong to miss this chance even it kills me

"How long how I have waited for this moment. It is like I had only existed to tell you how I feel. I know letters can't win your heart, so I thought if you hear my own voice you have a different belief. You must be thinking that I'm crazy that I had a crush on you and didn't do anything. Now I am more crazier but I am crazy for you, to be with you. You are the only one that gives me this feeling in my heart, and only you can make it feel true," I said softly and nervously but something comes over me gracing her hands into mine and then deeply glazes in her eyes.

I then continue with my eyes sparkling in the daylight as I am a new person, "I was afraid of what you might say, but now I am done running away. I am here standing before you because it is the only thing that I must do, something that I must tell without turning the other way. So I am going to ask you nice and slow. It is my chance to shine, and it is also my time to say what I got to say, to tell you how I feel.

"The days I spent without you my heart aches, but when ever I see you, my heart skips a beat. I don't know how much I can take but I need to do something that will sweep you off your feet. I need you in my world and I don't how long I can go without you by my side. I am not forcing you to like me or to go out with me but all I am saying is that I'm not going to hide, anymore," I slowly said thinking I am making a fool out of myself from trying to rhyme, it feels like a dream.

I slowly continue as my eyes is watery, "please tell me what you got say, I can't go on another day. I want to hear your sweet voice. I want to hear your choice. I delay the answer for too long, but no more I know my fear is gone," I said passionately and through my heart.

She said nothing but her eyes are lock with mine. She kept me guessing as I wait patiently for her answer. The anxiety builds up heavily putting weight on my knees as they shake. It seems that minutes have pass but only seconds.

She then said, "David…all you all right," like she didn't hear me.

My eyes then widen and my nervousness stops as I came to realize that what I said was only a quick daydream. I begin cussing at myself in my mind for being such an idiot. Without thinking I grab her hand and hold it tightly but gently.

"I know, that you know that I like you for a long time. I had been nervous before because I didn't know what to say. I write you letters because it is the only way I can get through to you without causing a scene. I then realize that I need sum up all of my courage and talk to you myself. So I'm asking you today, right now, and something that I should of done long time ago. I am not asking for much but in your heart can you be mine and let me inside," I said without feeling nervous or shy but thinking that I had end the war.

Just like before she said nothing as our eyes engage in each other in a bind not known to mankind. I take full responsibility to what she would say and take it like a normal seventeen year old would. My life is just begun and by one girl can't make it end, but she can join the ride. She could say yes or no, but both would end my war because I finally have an answer. My heart is young so if she should say no then there always-another day and if she said yes then my waiting pays off, finally.

THE END