Fan Fiction ❯ Three wishes ❯ The Seer ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“One who can see everything, past, present, or future.” The strange man replied. “One who can sense both evil and good. One who can destroy a life and bring back a life. I am… a Seer.”
Jamie raised an eyebrow. Man, just an old guy who lost his mind. I thought I actually had something interesting for a change. “You said you knew what happens in the future, right? You mind telling me what's going to happen to Agrabah, say, one thousand years from now?”
The Seer made no sign of shock or hesitation. “Agrabah in a thousand years will be a giant city, full of automobiles and filled with people. Mankind will invent machines, hundreds of them, washing their clothes, taking care of the traffic, even shooting enemies. There will be so many machines and factories, the sky will become dark and gray because of the black smoke these machines produce. Another word for it is pollution. And all the animals will die; the water will become murky and dirty. And Humans will become so careless, so blind of Mother Nature, they will just sit at home and watch a screen that send out rays to machines out in space. They will just keep becoming lazy, figuring out new and more ways to make life easier for them, and at the same time, destroy the world.”
Jamie scoffed. “Yeah right, you big palooka. Nothing like that's ever going to happen!”
The hooded man nodded, as if he wasn't really listening.
Jamie frowned, annoyed that she didn't get a response. “Okay, O wise one. If you're so great, what's my destiny?”
The Seer looked down. “You, my friend, are destined to find the lamp. The mystical lamp that will bring you everything you ever need.”
Jamie blinked. A lamp, eh? And everything you ever need comes with it? Well then, what was she waiting for? “Where do I find this lamp?”
“In the Cave of Wonders, out in the middle of the desert.”
Jamie snorted. “No way! Me? Out there? Ha, in your dreams, fartface! Not even a chance! How d'you expect me to go out there, anyway? On a magic carpet? Tch, yeah right!”
The old fart chuckled lowly. “You are an amusing youngster. Very well. You may choose not to believe me now, but later, you will.”
“Yeah, yeah. Shut up, you old geezer.” Jamie muttered, walking away. She chomped on her apple once again, and then leaped up over the house, landing safely in the middle this time. She jumped back down to the other side, failing to notice the hawk-like eyes watching her every move. She ran carelessly, happily through the streets, which was a very bad thing indeed.
“Halt!” Jamie screeched to a halt, then turned around. Her eyes widened when she realized it was one of the palace security men. He had a sharp dagger in his hand, pointing it at her. A lot worse than an accusing finger. Just then, she realized that she was dressed as Jamie Claw, not Jane Lemur. Jamie tried to find an escape, looking around less popular part of the market, but failed to find an exit.
“Yes, you, you little sneak!” The security man said loudly. “How dare you show your face here! You have stolen countless items from this market. I can take you to the palace prison right now, you little thief!”
Phantom Thief, if you don't mind!” Jamie corrected, gritting her teeth at the guard. “And you can't take me away!”
She took off, away from the palace man. She was lucky that it was just one. A whole bunch would probably round up on her in no time. As if reading her mind, she looked back to see that the palace man had made friends. Three, four, five palace men now, maybe? Jamie gasped, and ran faster, feeling as if her feet were spinning like a wheel now, similar to cartoons. She took a turn to the right, and then spotted a small alley, where she could maybe hide. Sprinting towards it, her blue eyes concentrated on it, as though the more she looked at it, the closer it would get. And then, just as she was going to make it, guards popped out in front of her, and grabbed her by the arm, disabling her from moving anywhere. And before she could let out even a whimper, two fingers were tapped on her head, knocking her out.
The next time she woke up, it was in the prison where the palace man had promised to take her. Jamie cursed loudly when she realized that she was chained to the wall. Reflexively, the blue-eyed girl pulled from the chains, pulling with all her might until she was left exhausted. She sat there for a moment, up against a wall, eyes looking off in the distance in a bored way, until her eyes glinted with a new plan. She sank down to the stone floor, her back lying flat against the cold surface. Then she squeezed her fingers in and kind-of cupped them in the middle, hiding her end fingers and her thumb behind her three inner fingers, so that her hands looked like they only contained about three fingers. Being as thin as she was, she slipped easily out of the hand-cuffs, massaging her knuckles after.
Jamie looked up and around her, scoping all over the prison cell. On the top was a circular opening, as if seeing the top of a well from the very bottom of it. The walls were made of stone, so she decided to try the easiest way possible: climb the stones. It took a couple minutes, and a few scratches here and there, but in the end she made it out, single-handedly, material-less, all by herself. Feeling extremely proud of herself, she leaped in the air and shot a fist up, shouting a loud, “Woohoo!” Of course she didn't expect anyone to reply, but still, it was a bit too quiet for a city like Agrabah.
And looking around, she figured out the answer. Ah, because she wasn't in Agrabah. “Story of my freakin' life, I'm in the middle of the desert!”
 
-----
No author note; gotta be on the bus right… NOW!