Fan Fiction ❯ Three wishes ❯ The one and only, Genie of the Lamp! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

She held the lamp in her cold hands, observing it with careless eyes.
“So… what do I do now?” She asked the carpet. She guessed she just had a thing with talking to the carpet. “And what about this thing? What do I do with it?” Jamie brought it up to her cheek and pressed it against her skin. “It feels cool against my skin. Is that supposed to happen?” she rubbed the lamp up and down against her skin, enjoying the coolness it provided. Then suddenly the lamp began to wiggle. Jamie felt the vibrations and dropped it on the carpet, a small yelp escaping from her lips. The lamp continued to wiggle and jiggle, until a blue smoke poured out of its opening. The smoke led up in a snake-like way, and started to form something. It looked like a person, or a phantom, maybe even a ghost. Then the smoke became solid, and the solid had eyes, a nose and a mouth. It grew arms and a little ponytail of hair on the top. Jamie watched in fascination as the solid opened its mouth very wide. Jamie thought it was going to shout but it merely…
Yawned. The solid blinked and shook its head, looking very much like a person who had just woken up. Now, he began to talk. “Oh, thank you so much for getting me out of there. Man, all I've been doing is sleeping. Ever since my other master was finished with me, I've been trapped in that old thingy again. And you don't know how much that hurts.”
He seemed friendly enough. Jamie wanted to laugh at the being for looking so strange and acting so… humorous. But she decided not to. She still didn't know what the thing was. “Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am the one and only, Genie of the Lamp! I can do anything you want, give you money, fame, friends, or family! Just name your three wishes, and I'll give it to ya! What's your name?”
“My name's Jamie Claw.” Jamie said. That sounded foreign to her. She didn't say that often. It was always, `My name is Anna Clark,' or `My name is Tina Vansant,' but never, `My name is Jamie Claw.' “I'm a Phantom Thief at my hometown, Agrabah. And this is carpet. He got me out of that cave.”
“Ah yes! Carpet! I remember you, do you remember me? I haven't seen you in a while, a few millennia or so, I think. How you doing?” The genie gaze a few handshakes to the carpet, and the carpet returned them, squirming his figure in strange ways.
“So, about those wishes… What do you want?” Genie asked Jamie, suddenly getting very close to her face. She widened her eyes and pushed Genie away, never really liking when boys got that close.
“Any three wishes, right? Well, let's see…” Jamie thought with a finger on her chin. “Well, the old geezer did say that I'd get anything I want--“
“Ah, not exactly anything.” Jamie looked up at the Genie, who was starting to tick his fingers off. “First, I can't make anyone fall in love with you. Second, I can't kill anyone. And third, I can't bring anyone back from the dead. Other than that, I can basically give you anything you want.”
Jamie eyed Genie. “Can't bring anyone from the dead, huh? The Seer can probably do that. I don't really believe him, but he told me he could bring people back from the dead, kill anyone, and even see into the future! Why, he's more powerful than you! You probably can't even get me out of this… nowhere, and bring me back to Agrabah!”
“Uh, excuse moi? Did you say that someone was more powerful than me? Are you doubting me? Well, hang on tight, then!” Genie grabbed onto the hem of the carpet and pulled it forward. First it looked like he was using all his strength to pull it, closing his eyes tightly and sweat dripping down, but then he took a step backwards and shot out at the speed of sound, his feet moving in a wheel. He was grinning widely, and Jamie was screaming behind him.
In no more than a few minutes, they were back at Agrabah, landing safely on the roof of a house. Jamie was glad that they hadn't landed on the edge. She would've fallen right back down again. “Oh, look who's the doubter now! In your face, Jamie! Give me some love, carpet! Raise the roof! Raise the roof!”
Jamie stuck a finger in her ear. “Yeah, yeah, you proved your point. Now, about those three wishes. Well, the old guy back at the alley told me that in the future, there'll be giant cities, and huge machines that do all our work for us! The only problem is that they produce some kind of black smoke stuff that damages the air and the water. Pollution, I think. It sounds horrible. I don't want it there. I never want pollution to happen! I want machines to go without pollution!”
“Well, you know what to do! Say the magic words!” Genie said excitedly.
Jamie took in a deep breath. “Genie, I wish that there be no pollution!”
Genie snapped his fingers. “Done! Now, would you want to see a peak in the future?” He snapped his fingers again, and the ground on which Jamie was standing on turned into a million buildings. Genie, carpet, and Jamie were all floating on a future Agrabah, the gigantic city. “It's a hologram. Don't be fooled.”
Genie stretched his arms wide. “See, this is the futuristic Agrabah. This is before you made your wish. Look at the sky, as dark as night at a graveyard. And look down at the river there. Murky and brown. Nothing could live in there. And look at all those machines. Whoa, they all look so busy, so oblivious to the world. Eesh, humans can be so blind sometimes.”
Genie's eyes glinted. “Then this is what it looks like after you're wish.” He snapped his fingers once again. The scenery changed. The sky was blue, as blue as Jamie's happy eyes. The water below was incredibly beautiful, shimmering like a dazzling dress. And the machines and robots weren't leaving behind a trail of smoke. They looked like toys now. The people weren't droning like zombies down there. They had smiles on their faces and were talking to each other in a cheerful way. Jamie was incredibly glad.
Genie snapped his fingers again and brought them back to the past, on the roof of the house. Jamie was snapped back to reality, and she blinked in confusion at first, not remembering where she was. Then she suddenly remembered, and grinned up at the Genie. “Hey, thanks, Genie. I really liked all that. I'm so glad I'm changing how the world works. It makes me feel real good inside.”
Genie nodded smiling. “Yeah. Okay, now, second wish!”
 
-----
Okay, I dunno what's wrong with the word document, but something is most definitely wrong. Everything's crammed together, and I can't do anything about it. Sorry, you guys!
 
Oh, and if you're thinking is this story is similar to Aladdin, you are correct! I am a bit copyrighting, so I might as well put a disclaimer on:
 
Disclaimer: I don't own the Cave of Wonders, Genie, Carpet, or Agrabah. They came from Aladdin. The twisted hallway room in the Cave of Wonders came from Zelda. I do own Jamie, The crazy old guy, and the apples in the beginning.